Favorite drinks, Alchoholic or non-alchoholic or both.

Started by Don, October 15, 2007, 09:49:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ITOS

This generic comment was brought to you by:

Don

Quote from: ITOS on October 22, 2007, 03:19:55 PM
Water.

Really? Your one of few I've heard say they like water.

The stuff is too bland for me. Unless I'm dieing of thirst of course then I have no choice.

Omega

Water is the most oldest of medicine there is. It is actually so simple compound that I don't even define it as a drink of any kind.

Tapewolf

Quote from: 96Zack96 on October 23, 2007, 09:10:14 PM
Water.

I prefer it myself, actually.  Preferably from the southwest UK... further up north it doesn't taste right.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Don

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 24, 2007, 07:20:04 AM
Quote from: 96Zack96 on October 23, 2007, 09:10:14 PM
Water.

I prefer it myself, actually.  Preferably from the southwest UK... further up north it doesn't taste right.

Hm, Interesting. I may have to try it sometime.

Reese Tora

ah, alcohol, one of the oldest drinks.

It's social because everyone is drinking the same thing, it encourages camaderie, it's also symbolic of trust, that everyone is drinking frmo the same source, though this is not always the case anymore

As people moved in to larger communities, alcoholic drinks were the only safe thing to drink, until better sewage practices and municiple water systems became available.

Wine can actually have a benificial effect for the heart of the drinker.

And grape juice naturally ferments into wine (but not pasturized grape juice, which is the only kind you can get in the store.)

That all said, I don't like the tase of any alcohol I've tried to date(only beer and wine as of yet), and I avoid drinking any except when socially required.

My favorite drink is Dr Pepper.  I can't stand diet because the aspertame gives a sharp taste to it that I just don't like.  I'm OK with Pepsi, and I detest Coke for it's nasty after-taste.
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

superluser

My opinion of water is very similar to that of Zipo Bibrok 5*10**8.

Quote"Hey, is there something in this water?" he said.

"Er, no, m'lud," said the Court Usher who had brought it to him, rather nervously.

"Then take it away," snapped Judiciary Pag, "and put something in it."

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Don

Quote from: Reese Tora on October 25, 2007, 12:01:50 AM
My favorite drink is Dr Pepper.

Dr. Pepper isn't bad actually, It's a good drink I don't drink it often but it's okay.

Ah what the hell, all drinks are good to some extent.

Omega

Quote from: 96Zack96 on October 28, 2007, 08:49:21 PM
Sounds like some one hasn't tried brewing your own drinks.

Don

Quote from: Omega on November 02, 2007, 12:09:47 PM
Quote from: 96Zack96 on October 28, 2007, 08:49:21 PM
Sounds like some one hasn't tried brewing your own drinks.

I only experiment with drinks if I'm awake at 3 am.

Note: I'm changing my favorite non-alchoholic drink to tea. It's alot better than I remember it being.

DoctaMario

N/A drink, I'm with Zack, mine's tea too. If you have one of those Teavana places near you, you should check it out. The samples are fantastic.

Alcoholic: Mojitos! I make the best ones too, cuz I make them with LoOOOOVe! I hate getting one at a bar where the bartender is clearly not interested in making them (they are kinda labor intensive) because then they taste like pizz.  :P

xHaZxMaTx

Don

Quote from: xHaZxMaTx on November 07, 2007, 04:08:31 PM
Orange soda + coffee creamers. <3

...Mixed together or seperate? If mixed then I've never heard of that befores...

xHaZxMaTx

Mixed together.  I had an orange soda at a sit down restaurant, saw some coffee creamers on the table, and thought, "Hmm...  Orange and cream..." like one of those ice cream bars/popsicles.  'Tis good. :3

Angel

Alcoholic... Bailey's Irish Cream is the only alcoholic thing I'll drink so far. I hate the taste of anything else, although my grandparents and parents have made it clear that they don't care if I have the occasional drink.

Non-alcoholic, probably milk, chocolate or plain. Also, pineapple juice.
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

superluser

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Alondro

My favorite drink is oolong tea.  I drink at least two cups every day.   :)

My next favorite is iced tea with the juice of 3 Poncirus trifoliata squeezed into it... because the juice blocks IgE production and lessens the anaphylactic response I have to eating fungi, which can hide out on almost everything without being seen.   :P
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Ryudo Lee

Thanks to Taski & Silverfoxr for the artwork!

superluser

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 08, 2007, 04:10:21 AM
Quote from: superluser on November 07, 2007, 09:58:15 PMAh...the only alcoholic beverage that contains cholesterol.
Egg nog?

Well, that's a mixed drink.  It doesn't count if you have to add cholesterol to the alcohol.

It was more of a play on the fact that here in the US, they recently strengthened product labelling laws, so the marketers started getting the bright idea to place all the health labels that they can on every package.

So you'll often see wine labelled as ``Cholesterol-Free.''  I certainly hope so, since cholesterol comes from animals, and grapes are plants.  I tried to come up with any alcoholic beverage that comes from animals, and someone suggested Irish Cream.  It now occurs to me that that might not count, either, since they probably don't ferment the milk.

P.S. Honey seems to be cholesterol-free.

DoctaMario

Quote from: Black_angel on November 07, 2007, 06:51:23 PM
Alcoholic... Bailey's Irish Cream is the only alcoholic thing I'll drink so far. I hate the taste of anything else, although my grandparents and parents have made it clear that they don't care if I have the occasional drink.

You are one after my own heart! I love a glass of Bailey's over ice! *salivates*

Dannysaysnoo

Non-alcoholic - Irn Bru. (look it up)

alcoholic - not really decided yet.

Dannysaysnoo

xHaZxMaTx

I think so.  Look at the logo on the rollercoaster, and the colour scheme's the same.  There's also another ride at that park called the Pepsi-Max Big One, so I wouldn't be surprised if there was another ride named after a popular beverage. :P

Dannysaysnoo

i'm quite confused, what happened to this themepark?

Gareeku

It's still around. They put in a new roller coaster in recent years called Infusion.

Dannysaysnoo

not its actual state of affairs, i mean why would they create a roller coaster in an English city to advertise a Scottish drink?

Gareeku

I'm pretty sure I've seen Irn Bru in stores in England for as long as I can remember.

Irn Bru most likely paid the most money to Blackpool Pleasure Beach to get their name on it.

Don

Quote from: xHaZxMaTx on November 07, 2007, 06:21:27 PM
Mixed together.  I had an orange soda at a sit down restaurant, saw some coffee creamers on the table, and thought, "Hmm...  Orange and cream..." like one of those ice cream bars/popsicles.  'Tis good. :3

Really...I have to buy some orange soda/coffee creamers, that sounds pretty interesting.