10/08/07 [DMFA #829] - Batter up!

Started by Faerie Alex, October 07, 2007, 09:58:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sunblink

"There are no sweater-vests in DMFA!"
"But it's a girl magnet!"

Oh Fairly Oddparents. How easily I was able to apply your silliness to this situation.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: thegayhare on October 08, 2007, 07:52:45 AM
... don't you think he realizes he's got a bit of gay in him.

... and if not, would he like some? ;-] *cough*

Also why do some folks seem to think Bernedetta are suddenly going to hook up?  they haven't even met

It's the calculating look on Lorenda's face in that strip that leads people to wonder what she's up to. Since we still have no idea what she was thinking, and, if she thought Jyrras was gay, it's obvious she didn't have Jyrras in mind. So... where next? Was Lorenda interested for her own sake? Did it suggest something else to her? Or was it just some other passing thought that trigger the reflective look?

At this rate, we may never know. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

MaskedRetriever

Quote from: mwcain on October 08, 2007, 04:57:39 AM
Don't forget the Rhino girl in the corset shop....http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_774.php

Burnadette IS tasty.  However, TGH is very right in pointing out that Jyrras forms attraction on a large emotional and intellectual basis, so if he and Burnadette are to have a shot we'll have to learn more about her-- and it'll have to be something impressive.

Caswin

Quote from: MaskedRetriever on October 08, 2007, 10:31:31 AMBurnadette IS tasty.  However, TGH is very right in pointing out that Jyrras forms attraction on a large emotional and intellectual basis
Uh, I think he said emotional and physical.  Which is practically the opposite.

I agree with your interpretation more - and assuming that he bases attraction, generally, on people being nice to him, it's looking more and more likely that (to beat a dead demon horse) Kria, at any rate, is about the least likely person in all Furrae he'd want to hook up with.

*Scribbles down another mental note for his scheduled-in-the-undefined-future Spec-Fest*
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

thegayhare

Quote from: Caswin on October 08, 2007, 11:48:10 AM
Quote from: MaskedRetriever on October 08, 2007, 10:31:31 AMBurnadette IS tasty.  However, TGH is very right in pointing out that Jyrras forms attraction on a large emotional and intellectual basis
Uh, I think he said emotional and physical.  Which is practically the opposite.

sorry what I ment to say is that while his atractions do seem to be mainly mentaly and emotionaly there is a bit of physical atraction to it as well.  It's probably not the most important part but it's there.

Although from what we see here the heart didn't show up till after Abel left so maybe he caught a glimpse of that cute bum and it just locked the deal

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 08, 2007, 09:34:45 AM
... don't you think he realizes he's got a bit of gay in him.

... and if not, would he like some? ;-] *cough*

Well if he does I happen to be sitting on a ready supply avalible for instant delivery.

Alondro

Quote from: modelincard on October 07, 2007, 10:11:32 PM
I remember what it was...Metrosexual. Yup, that's what Jyrras is.

*Charles hmms*  Yes, it's a conspiracy so he'll become too sissified to put up a fight against... the Crab People!!

(Craaab People, Craaaab People.  Taste like crab, talk like people.  Craaab People, Craaaab People...)

;)

PS:  When I first tried to post, I suddenly couldn't access the forum for an hour and my computer froze!  The Crab People are trying to keep you from learning the TRUTH!!!  :U
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Ted Schiller

Quote from: Lorenda SoulstealerNot to mention your house.  It's huge!  But insanely organized.  I don't think I've even seen dust the whole time I've been there.

It's all so neat and alphabetized!

Wadeaminnet...  Jyrras is an engineer.  Being organized is what he does.

Jyrras, the world's first Mad Engineer.  :)

With regards,
Ted

Reaver225

Sweater...Vest? What the heck is that?

*tries to find out what it is, then searches to see if there's any obviously around*

Jigsaw Forte

Quote from: Reaver225 on October 08, 2007, 01:22:24 PM

*tries to find out what it is, then searches to see if there's any obviously around*

A sweater without sleeves. Sometimes opens in the front too.

In the old Nicktoon "Doug", Doug always wore a green sweater-vest.

Zedd

Quote from: Jigsaw Forte on October 08, 2007, 02:32:30 PM

I wore one before...It was a lovely quilted pattern

Kamunt

Quote from: Zedd on October 08, 2007, 03:21:31 PM

:rolleyes Well, that's you, Zedd...

Zedd

Quote from: Kamunt on October 08, 2007, 06:55:29 PM
Quote from: Zedd on October 08, 2007, 03:21:31 PM
:rolleyes Well, that's you, Zedd...
I was a kid then

Kamunt

NUUUUUUUUUUU!!! D:

llearch n'n'daCorna

Reaver225

So... kind of like a fluffy waistcoat?

I don't think I've ever seen one of those, let alone ever owned any...

Jakon

GreenReaper

Quote from: Zedd on October 07, 2007, 10:20:32 PM
The programing Amber talks about seems like Llearches department abit I think...But I am so sure its possible he could do it.

I happen to work for Stardock as a Windows developer of desktop enhancements. There might be someone better, but I'll drop her a line.

It's possible Jyrras is pansexual; he seems quite a bit like Vinci of Vinci & Arty in terms of personal relationships (see this strip). Though honestly being attracted to two of your best friends is a little more than "rarely".

Cheese Foxlee

Ok, It's been said. Your thoughts?  :megagroove

Jakon

I've never seen anyone in real life wearing a sweater vest.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Cheese Foxlee on October 09, 2007, 12:23:42 PM
Ok, It's been said. Your thoughts?  :megagroove

I think you should use the thread that has already been set up for this discussion. HTH, HAND.

superluser

Quote from: Kamunt on October 08, 2007, 12:22:25 AMMaybe he's some new kind of term, though, or something that we haven't heard of...a creaturephile, or something?

I think he's Burnssexual.

Mainly because I'm sick of people desperately coming up with new forms of sexuality in order to avoid having to say that their favorite character is gay/bi.

...and I had a high school teacher who loved sweater vests.  I don't think he was gay.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Jigsaw Forte

Quote from: superluser on October 09, 2007, 10:54:11 PM
Quote from: Kamunt on October 08, 2007, 12:22:25 AMMaybe he's some new kind of term, though, or something that we haven't heard of...a creaturephile, or something?

Mainly because I'm sick of people desperately coming up with new forms of sexuality in order to avoid having to say that their favorite character is gay/bi.

...and I had a high school teacher who loved sweater vests.  I don't think he was gay.

He was a high school teacher. That's all you need to know. ;)

Kamunt

Quote from: superluser on October 09, 2007, 10:54:11 PM

Yeah, except pansexuality actually exists. And, I am one myself, so I should know. EDIT: ERROR! Out-of-date subject matter. OvO;;

superluser

Quote from: Kamunt on October 10, 2007, 01:08:15 AMYeah, except pansexuality actually exists.

I said nothing!

Well, actually, I said nothing about pansexuality.  I'm fine with people claiming to be pansexual, but I haven't looked into it enough to say anything about it.

It's when people say that he's creature-sexual or something like that that that I start to get annoyed.  Pansexual was not created as a means for someone to remain in denial about his or her sexuality.

Creaturephile seems to have been.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Kamunt

Quote from: superluser on October 10, 2007, 01:21:16 AM
Quote from: Kamunt on October 10, 2007, 01:08:15 AMYeah, except pansexuality actually exists.

I said nothing!

Well, actually, I said nothing about pansexuality.  I'm fine with people claiming to be pansexual, but I haven't looked into it enough to say anything about it.

It's when people say that he's creature-sexual or something like that that that I start to get annoyed.  Pansexual was not created as a means for someone to remain in denial about his or her sexuality.

Creaturephile seems to have been.

My term has already caught on....I feel special. >:3 8)