09/28/07 [Abel #100] - 100!

Started by Hellcat, September 29, 2007, 02:31:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Quote from: chaotik on September 29, 2007, 11:24:06 AM
and the argument for 'cubi genocide just keeps gaining weight...........
You could make that argument about any race.  Indeed, Earth would be better off if we weren't here.

As Abel says later, there are all kinds of 'Cubi... it's just that the evil ones get all the attention.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Psaakyrn

Quote from: Madmann135 on September 29, 2007, 08:03:13 AMWhy must Able's childhood be so traumatic, Dan's childhood was full with evil ferrets, Mab, sister with hammers, a demon/succubus mom, Dad throwing people out of the inn and all that normal stuff.

Considering http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_388.php Dan's life is probably more complex than you make it.

Also on the point of jerkdom, Abel may be doing it in memory of Devin. For that matter, there are similarities between the Devin/Abel relationship and the Abel/Dan relationship in that Abel could very well be jealous of Dan's relatively smooth childhood, and especially by the teacher he saw as highly evil.
Someone in the valley calls out to me;
A voice from the past, fading out fast;
Am I to be wary, do I have to be;
I just know, I have to be there.

computer nerd

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 29, 2007, 11:35:48 AM
You could make that argument about any race.  Indeed, Earth would be better off if we weren't here.

As Abel says later, there are all kinds of 'Cubi... it's just that the evil ones get all the attention.
So ture  :<

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Psaakyrn on September 29, 2007, 11:42:27 AM
Also on the point of jerkdom, Abel may be doing it in memory of Devin. For that matter, there are similarities between the Devin/Abel relationship and the Abel/Dan relationship in that Abel could very well be jealous of Dan's relatively smooth childhood, and especially by the teacher he saw as highly evil.

He could also be doing it because he learned early that that was the way that such relationships went; the older one was jerky, and the younger was innocent, and that's just how they behave...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

rt

Ahh ambers delivers 100 Abel comics with a knock out punch!!

AnizInDisguise

All I can say is I like the look on Aniz's face in the last panel.

Goatmon

Yikes.  Ouch.  This seems like a good closing point.  A very sound way of ending the scene.  Hell, Amber could leave the series off here if she wanted, and we'd be able to piece things together to an extent.  Not that I'm hoping it to end anytime soon. :3

Tapewolf

This leaves the question of Kria's amulet.  I guess she either got another one of the same make, or else popped in later (as promised) to find Hennya in bits and May in a state of shock...

Kragoth

That's a good one! I had totally forgotten about Kria's promise to Abel, I wonder how that works out...

And silly me forgot to congratulate Amber: CONGRATULATIONS ON 100 ABELS!

Alondro

*Charline hmms*  I wasn kinda hoping he'd do what I've been doing... have children with beings, then eat all resulting cubi children's souls, as the cubi souls bring in more power!   >:3

*Charles meeps!*  Charline has just raised the bar for evil!   I don't think even the venemous Dr. Ink can top that!  *realizes Ink might try*  :erk
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Jim Halisstrad

Bah.  Earth would be BORING.  IMHO a few million tons of pollution spices things up.  And look at all the interesting things we do and have done!  New diseases, a few of the more boring species taken car of, all the pretty colors caused by massive combat, huge metal cites fulled by greed... *sniff* It's all so beautiful.  Personally, I can't weight till we get out into space and show those aliens how to run things.  *Nod*
Universal peace, *snort*  BORING.

Side's, mother nature sucks at decorating.  Too much green and blue.  We Humans (The top of the food chain btw) have a much more varied color pallet.   And gods, nature has this huge thing about forests!  What a waste of space!  They're always burning down all the time as well, so inefficient.   Sure, a few of our cities have ended up ash piles, but man... we ain't got nothin' on nature.  Thats why metal is better.  *nods*
*Nods*  Mankind for earth's custodian I say :3

P.S.
(Seriously though, earth would suck without humans)

Sid

Quote from: Caswin on September 29, 2007, 10:41:34 AM
Quote from: Sid on September 29, 2007, 09:51:30 AM
As much as I dislike the way Abel's story is going (too much death of characters I like), panel one might just be the greatest Abel panel I've seen in a long time.
*Looks*

Nutmeg?  :erk

...wha?
:boogie

Tapewolf

Zedd

Quote from: Madmann135 on September 29, 2007, 08:28:15 AM
Quote from: Azraelle on September 29, 2007, 08:18:24 AM
I hope you watch where you're stepping when you make that little appearance.  It would really throw your act off if you slipped in Hennya entrails.

Actually I should have mention that skit as suppose to happen before Aniz made dramatic debut so Hennya would still be OK.

I like Hennya, she's keen.
I like her too..With her organs splattered all over the walls...>:]

Quote from: computer nerd on September 29, 2007, 11:54:50 AM

So ture  :<
>:3

Angel

(slight frown) Wh...what'd he do to him? I'm guessing he's gonna take Abel to the Academy or something like that, but that "Krack" sound made me think of breaking bones... Ay, this is bad.
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Tapewolf

Quote from: Black_angel on September 29, 2007, 06:55:37 PM
(slight frown) Wh...what'd he do to him?
Knocked him cold, I'd say.

Zedd

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 29, 2007, 06:59:02 PM
Quote from: Black_angel on September 29, 2007, 06:55:37 PM
(slight frown) Wh...what'd he do to him?
Knocked him cold, I'd say.
Yes...It works quite well when you have a son with a huge mouth...

AndersW

Congratulations on 100 Abel's Story comics Amber.  And heres to however many more there are to come. :cheers

And now a Dance.

:ddrabel

candide

(shakes head) Folks hear read way too much into a individual sentence taken completely outta context.

I see things thusly:

"Plan B" was to use force to terrorize everyone into submission, to h311 with their feelings.  Knock his son unconscious, since it's easer to tote a slack body than a struggling one.  Then abscond.

However, having made a royal mess of things, and potentially wasted the last 25 years of work, Aniz is expressing his frustration in that last panel.  I think he knows that any chance of a relationship that he had with his son is now over, and he can't be too happy about that.

nikename2

I think any chance of a real relationship died when Aniz suckerpunched May at the start. You just don't do something like that. Heck Abel tried to bash Aniz with a stool.

I don't think he was looking to make any sort of relationship at all, otherwise he wouldn't have acted so "insensitive" and have killed Hennya. I think he's just some errand boy picking up someone else's dirty work.

Alondro

*Charlines hmphs*  Abel's a little wuss.  Even Charles would be braver than that little twit!

*Charles woo-hoo!*  I got a compliment!

*Charline continues*  Yeah, you need a brain to be frightened.

*Charles*   :<
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Zedd

Quote from: Alondro on September 30, 2007, 05:45:10 PM
*Charlines hmphs*  Abel's a little wuss.  Even Charles would be braver than that little twit!

*Charles woo-hoo!*  I got a compliment!

*Charline continues*  Yeah, you need a brain to be frightened.

*Charles*   :<
And only if I had a heart I would cared that scarecrow you drag around...

candide

Quote from: Xeksue on September 30, 2007, 02:08:57 PM
I think any chance of a real relationship died when Aniz suckerpunched May at the start. You just don't do something like that.
...if you're human.  I'm trying not to make assumptions about psychevores/ergovores with lifespans a minimum of 10-20 times our own.  :D

But I'm basing that comment off of the slap right at the start.
QuoteHeck Abel tried to bash Aniz with a stool.
My take is that Aniz wasn't expecting Abel to do that.  I rather think Aniz assumes that, a few centuries at SAIA, Abel would have the same outlook on Beings as himself.

OTOH, maybe Aniz never wanted more than a casual, civil acquaintance with his son in the coming centuries.  Amber alone could clarify one way or the other.  (Maybe she still will.)

QuoteI don't think he was looking to make any sort of relationship at all, otherwise he wouldn't have acted so "insensitive" and have killed Hennya.
Erm... that's where he totally screwed up.  He lost his temper, lost control of himself (and thereby, the situation), and acted as an incubus normally would:  by killing.  At that point, he'd screwed up, and he knew it, as strips #97 and 98 show.  At that point, any chance he had of Abel not hating him went right out the window.

Caswin

I just realized something.
Quote from: Amber PanykoFights are meant to win, not last forever.
-after a fight ranging from #464-466

I mean, I like long fights as long as they're sub-DBZ level, but how long has Aniz vs. Abel's Family and Friends gone now?
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

llearch n'n'daCorna

strip 81 through 100. A total of, oh, 20 strips, now - the first one was 2007-04-14, by my records, so that's 5 and a half months.

To be fair - there's been a -lot- of exposition in those strips. There's a limit to how much text you can put on any single page. Just for some brief numbers, from strips 81 to 99, there were 114 lines of script - or about 1063 words. That's a -lot- of text.

(I haven't scripted up the last page, so that's why this isn't up to date...)

Zedd

Anyone realize how oddvious sometimes numbers mean alot to people?

terrycloth

So... is this the end of Abel's story? It's 100 strips, which is pretty long for a mini-arc, and kind of finishes the 'Abel before SAIA' section of his life.

llearch n'n'daCorna

I believe Amber has plans for a little while yet, but honestly, she's the only one who can answer definitively. And she might well be leaving herself space to change her mind...

incidentally, it occurred to me that the "evil nasty Cubi" that we're all shocked by... is also the "kind, caring dad who stopped his son removing fingers, and let him fall asleep in his arms" in #4, 5, and 6. (although, I note that Cid didn't appear from there through to when he came home after Abel.)

(also, check out the teacher in #20 - the thing hanging from her belt...)

Amber Williams

Quote from: Caswin on October 01, 2007, 12:37:23 PM
but how long has Aniz vs. Abel's Family and Friends gone now?

In my opinion, the fight officially started at Comic 94 in Abel's Story.