Confused about Dan's mom

Started by wussycat, September 27, 2007, 02:56:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Quote from: superluser on October 02, 2007, 01:42:35 AM
Aary was replacing Dee.  If they knew that she had resigned, they would certainly have replaced her sometime in those 25 (possibly more?) years, and Aary would be replacing Dee's replacement.
That should have happened anyway, since they must have had someone to cover her while she was doing the mission and Aary was still an undergrad.  And when Aary left instead of applying for the position...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Kuari

I believe the answer is simpler then what people make it out to be.

Think back to when the Oracles that Destina died at Dan's hands.

How do I interpret this?  Well something happened between her and Dan's dad that began changing her.  I'm certain of that much.  I think Dan's birth completed that change thus her "death"

There is a whole lot more to it but she WAS most definately evil, probably from a deep racism.

Why did she seek help at the inn untransformed...  well, that's complicated...  perhaps it involves something that made it hard or impossible for her to transform...  more then likely whatever she sought help against, whether it be injuries or otherwise.  I don't exactly see Cubi transformations being completely effortless.

So while I believe she most definately WAS evil, something happened, it's just a matter of what.  I'm sure Amber will get to that eventually though.  Too big and juicy of a piece of information to not reveal.

Aurawyn

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 02, 2007, 04:22:09 AM
Quote from: superluser on October 02, 2007, 01:42:35 AM
Aary was replacing Dee.  If they knew that she had resigned, they would certainly have replaced her sometime in those 25 (possibly more?) years, and Aary would be replacing Dee's replacement.
That should have happened anyway, since they must have had someone to cover her while she was doing the mission and Aary was still an undergrad.  And when Aary left instead of applying for the position...

Simple.. A Sub. but the sub wasn't good enough to replace Dee so Fa'lina choose Aary..

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Aurawyn on October 02, 2007, 10:06:14 AM
Simple.. A Sub. but the sub wasn't good enough to replace Dee so Fa'lina choose Aary..

Either that or the Sub was a temp. After all, what's 25 years to a Cubi? Aniz didn't seem to think much of it...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

superluser

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 02, 2007, 04:22:09 AM
Quote from: superluser on October 02, 2007, 01:42:35 AMAary was replacing Dee.  If they knew that she had resigned, they would certainly have replaced her sometime in those 25 (possibly more?) years, and Aary would be replacing Dee's replacement.

As someone else pointed out, that was probably an interim professor.  I'm sure that Fa'Lina could have found another permanent replacement in that time.  Classes seem to be structured in years (at the longest), and 25 classes is a lot to not have a professor in such an important department.

On the other hand, she could have had some reason to use Aary, and left it open for all that time.

So I'm not sure if Fa'Lina did know what happened to Dee, but I know that I don't know that.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: superluser on October 02, 2007, 12:13:58 PM
Classes seem to be structured in years (at the longest),

Really? Where was that listed, I think I missed it.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

superluser

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 02, 2007, 12:46:35 PM
Quote from: superluser on October 02, 2007, 12:13:58 PMClasses seem to be structured in years (at the longest),
Really? Where was that listed, I think I missed it.

295 shows Aary referring to her final year, which suggests that classes aren't longer than a year.

It's hardly conclusive, but I have a hard time imagining multiyear semesters.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Fuyudenki

it's entirely possible that a cubi's "last year" could be synonymous to the human "waiting for them to mail me my #$@@ diploma!"  This, as the college grads know, can take anywhere from a week to a decade.

Kuari

Maybe that class was simply... well...  cancelled until they found someone good enough for the job.  That or perhaps the evil poodle of doom subbed for it, or perhaps the doctor.