Sorry for disappearing... (Rushfox's Hello Again)

Started by RushFox, September 20, 2007, 10:40:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RushFox

I'm back baby! Not that anybody cared...

I was unsure about bringing back my intro topic from long, long ago, so I'm posting an Hello topic. I'm Rushfox (real name: Ben). You guys may remember me as the kid who really likes prog music or the crazy nutball who really wanted to be Abel, like really bad. Either way, I'm back with a vengeance (or not), and I plan on sticking around a little longer.

I'll just go ahead and say hi to Tapewolf and Bill, my fellow prog-freaks, and TezKat, who gave me ALOT of tips on voice-acting, even though my mike went to crap right after the whole Abel thing (what luck, huh?). It's gonna be great talking with you guys again!

Other than that, you can pretty much consider me a newbie again, as I still don't have a working avatar (My 2112 avatar worked on the JACK forums. Why not here?) and I have less than 100 posts, even with my incessant posting in the DMFA Project topic. Bleh.

That's all I have to say for now!

-RushFox (I still listen to Hold Your Fire, so there!)

Zedd

RushFox

How can I forget you?  :giggle

I know we haven't talked much, so I would be more worried that you forgot me...

Zedd

Darkmoon

In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

xHaZxMaTx

Hey, I remember you!  Even without your avatar - you should feel special. ;)  Speaking of your avatar, the only restrictions I know of for avatars are the max dimensions (175x175).

Sienna Maiu - M T

Hello there,
I suppose the proper intro here is that it's nice to meet you. Most likely neither of us know the other (Well, I know I don't know you), but just the same, I'm sure we'll get on marvelously.

llearch n'n'daCorna

I remember you, also, but I remember all sorts of things, so don't take it as anything special ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

LionHeart

"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

RushFox

I'm glad that, so far, the people who remember me far outnumber those who don't. Anyways, I finally got my avatar to work, so in that sense, my luck is definitely improving. I'm gonna wait and see if the people I mentioned spot this board, especially Tapewolf, for reasons previously mentioned. Until then, I'm gonna stay in Mab's board for now as well as mess around in Gen. Discussion and game topics. Y'know, play it safe!

Yeah, like that'll last long...  ;)

llearch n'n'daCorna

Ah, do note that if you post topics suitable for other areas in here, they WILL be moved out....

bill

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: BillBuckner on September 21, 2007, 04:30:33 PM
I remember you. Yay.

... This is not a good sign. Admins and moderators remembering you is not a recommendation ;-]

xHaZxMaTx

RushFox

Yeah, I know. I don't think I really done anything bad yet, so I guess it's all good stuff they remembered. Don't worry, I'll make up for that this time. Heh.

Anyways, I'll be gone for a little bit, since I got a Rush concert to attend to in Toronto. I'll be sure tell everyone who interested how it went. K?

Oh, it's going to be awesome. Rush never disappoints...  :3

EDIT: I'm baaack! Yes, the concert was awesome. I LOVE the Toronto crowd, since they seem to treat these guys like celebrities. We got near-perfect seats, right in the center overlooking the floor of the Air Canada centre. I can't go into severe detail except that all of the new album cuts were amazing live, they brought back songs I thought I would never hear live, like Digital Man, Mission, Entre Nous, Circumstances, etc...

Hey Tapewolf, do you have Tickets? They're coming over there to Europe now...  ;)

Zedd

Pagan

I think I've seen you before. Maybe in the Jack forums.
Welcome back.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Tapewolf

Quote from: RushFox on September 21, 2007, 10:23:38 PM
Hey Tapewolf, do you have Tickets? They're coming over there to Europe now...  ;)

Oh damn.  No, and I guess it's too late.

Did they have a decent sound system this time?  In 2004 it was very, very bad.  Great fun, though...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

RushFox

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 26, 2007, 09:05:52 AM
Quote from: RushFox on September 21, 2007, 10:23:38 PM

Oh damn.  No, and I guess it's too late.

Did they have a decent sound system this time?  In 2004 it was very, very bad.  Great fun, though...

Well, I guess the electric guitar is kinda muffled in parts, but solos were very clear, especially when Alex moved to acoustic and the mandolin (!) in Working Them Angels. Other than that, it was right on. Perfect.

As for missing the show, I felt the same way when I missed Dream Theater's run in the US. I'm hoping for a good bootleg or a DVD of the show, since a lot of bands seem to be making them every tour, or something like that.

Tapewolf

Quote from: RushFox on September 27, 2007, 03:38:29 PM
As for missing the show, I felt the same way when I missed Dream Theater's run in the US. I'm hoping for a good bootleg or a DVD of the show, since a lot of bands seem to be making them every tour, or something like that.

I never really watched much of the R30 DVD, but it's going to be worth getting the Snakes (assuming it happens) one just for this:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=YTYXMSrS82w

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

RushFox

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 27, 2007, 05:06:29 PM
Quote from: RushFox on September 27, 2007, 03:38:29 PM

I never really watched much of the R30 DVD, but it's going to be worth getting the Snakes (assuming it happens) one just for this:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=YTYXMSrS82w

Ha ha, yeah. XD

lucas marcone

sup? I don't know you but you don't seem like that bad aof a person. welcome back and have a happy muffin filled stay.