09/26/07 [Abel #99] - slit your throat

Started by AndersW, September 26, 2007, 01:23:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 28, 2007, 06:46:53 AM
Assuming that Amber intends to keep Abel's Story running after he gets to SAIA. I believe she's mentioned in passing that she intended to end the story when Abel reaches SAIA. Whether that's still her intention or not is another question entirely...

It's definitely going to end in SAIA, but when, who knows?  AFAIK we're still in chapter 1.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

At 100+ pages per chapter, it counts as one of the -longer- arcs.

I make the arc lengths 6, 11, 14, 20, 12, 28, 12, 12, 56, 22, 46, 33, 1, 48, 55, 53, 51, 127, 67, 80, 22, and 47 and counting.

Unwilling and Abel at Cubi Academy is the only arc longer than Abel's Story is so far. And only Get Me To The Church even comes close. And even then, that's a lot less time to draw, if only because large parts of it are 4 panels on one row, only. Not to mention the mostly-three-times-a-week updates vs the once-a-week-when-the-universe-isn't-kicking-Amber-in-the-head for Abel's Story.

We shall see, indeed, but personally - I wasn't expecting more than a single chapter anyway. ;-] No matter -how- long it went for.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

candide

Quote from: Naldru on September 27, 2007, 06:19:03 AM
Psychosis - what you perceive doesn't exist
More to the point:  when what's going on inside your head has little-to-no relation with your sensory input.

There are many people who perceive things that don't necessarily exist physically.  We call them, "psychic," not psychotic.  ;)  Psychotic is when you mind is reacting randomly ... or not at all ... to what you're perceiving.  Your brain runs amok, your thought processes fall apart.  Eventually, it becomes difficult or impossible to function.

It's a nasty, nasty thing to experience.  You lose your sapience by degrees, replaced with random parts of your mind doing things of their own volition.

Caswin

Every time I hear "psychotic," used properly or otherwise (as it usually is), I think of that essay on Batman villain Maxie Zeus over in The Animated Batman.
Quote from: Mr. SummersLots of bad guys catch the label "psychotic," and almost every time the diagnosis is off the mark.  Psychosis isn't evil; it's amoral.  It doesn't mean indifference to other people's pain (that's called psychopathy, sociopathy, or antisocial personality disorder).  A psychotic sees and hears things that simply aren't there.
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Moonfrost on September 26, 2007, 12:11:59 PM
Woo. Back from a longass holiday and I see this.

Aniz F- rocks. :boogie

Hey, there you are! I was wondering where Frosty went. You have a great sense of humor, coming up with that "Kill Aniz! DON'T Kill Aniz!" thing that you still have as your avatar. And back then, you were the only Aniz-lover to my memory.
Now AnizInDisguise has been giving you a run for your money, and trying to topple you from the "Biggest Aniz-Lover" throne.
Better catch up, Frosty >:3

Baaack on topic (ok sort of)
Quote from: Tapewolf on September 28, 2007, 08:13:05 AM
It's definitely going to end in SAIA, but when, who knows?  AFAIK we're still in chapter 1.
I always just thought that Amber put up that first chapter thing, then simply forgot or decided not to split it up anymore, or simply neglected it. In my mind, I've mentally divided Abel's Story like so:
Chapter One: Summer of Youth
Chapter Two: Growing Up
Though it felt like there were two breaks before that...
Chapter Three: Old "Friends"
Chapter Four: Innocence Lost
Chapter Five: Harsh Realities
Chapter Six: Coming Home
Chapter Seven: The Deciever
Chapter Eight: (unnamed; work in progress)
This is actually only a rough division, though.

Magic

QuoteI imagine 'Cubi would make quite good psychiatrists.

First post since my hospitalization, August 7, and going through the thread; This, this made me laugh so hard. Consider carefully that incubi and succubi tolerate sociopathic individuals.

QuoteWe shall see, indeed, but personally - I wasn't expecting more than a single chapter anyway.

Same. It's quite likely that Abel's Story is a one shot deal. Also, have to make sure Amber doesn't burn out.
True Magic does not bow down to rules like mana or sacrifice. True Magic bends all rules. I have seen the truth. I am now free forever. (I used to be Doctor Ink. Now stop asking.)

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ink on October 01, 2007, 04:00:41 AM

First post since my hospitalization, August 7, and going through the thread; This, this made me laugh so hard. Consider carefully that incubi and succubi tolerate sociopathic individuals.

Indeed.  Nonetheless, if you were going for a career in psychiatry, the ability to sense thoughts and emotions is going to give you the drop over any Being.  It's simply a matter of making sure that the wrong person doesn't get the job  >:3

Anyway, I hope you're recovering from whatever happened.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Zedd

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 01, 2007, 04:12:30 AM
Quote from: Ink on October 01, 2007, 04:00:41 AM

Indeed.  Nonetheless, if you were going for a career in psychiatry, the ability to sense thoughts and emotions is going to give you the drop over any Being.  It's simply a matter of making sure that the wrong person doesn't get the job  >:3

Anyway, I hope you're recovering from whatever happened.
Same thing here...But the thing is if anyone took into my story line..My aunt was kinda the SAIA dream psychiatry...But I wonder if its adceptable in the cannon line