Something doesn't add up [814]

Started by Tapewolf, September 19, 2007, 07:31:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

The old thread looks a little stale to dig up, so I'll ask it here.

Is the age on Fi's profile correct?  It says that Fi is three years old, but in strip 814 (s)he's recalling an argument between Destania and Fa'Lina that must have happened more than 25 years ago.

Any ideas?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Alondro

*Charline  :shifty  Whacks Tapewolf on the head with a blackjack and drags him away, before rapidly returning with an MIB flashy thing... FLASH!*  There are no inconsistencies in DMFA.  Amber is perfect.  Anything you see that seems incorrect is obviously your mistake.  Now everyone look at the large-breastes cat girls and forget this whole topic ever existed..

:wiggle :catgirl
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

thegayhare

my thought is the profile age could be Fi's current incarnations age.

since this isn't necessarily his first time in that dimension.  He could have been some one elses Warp aci before falina then go bannished, and was lucky enough to be the one summoned by falina when she needed a new warp Aci

Cogidubnus

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 19, 2007, 07:31:40 PM
The old thread looks a little stale to dig up, so I'll ask it here.

Is the age on Fi's profile correct?  It says that Fi is three years old, but in strip 814 (s)he's recalling an argument between Destania and Fa'Lina that must have happened more than 25 years ago.

Any ideas?

He's three, in Warp-Aci years.

:)

terrycloth

Huh. I never realized Fi was supposed to be so young. Yeah, that doesn't really add up.

Well, unless he remembers hearing about it. It's easy to exaggerate slightly from 'hearing about it' to 'I remember that thing'.

Naldru

Maybe Warp Acl's spend the time they're not serving somebody in a sort of slowed animation where a year goes by in the Furcadia realm for every day in the Warp Acl world.  When it was mentioned that Fi was three years old, that would be how long he spent in the main dimension rather than the Warp Acl dimension.

Maybe Fi is a time traveler.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

FurryFreak

Quote from: Naldru on September 19, 2007, 09:02:25 PM
Maybe Warp Acl's spend the time they're not serving somebody in a sort of slowed animation where a year goes by in the Furcadia realm for every day in the Warp Acl world.  When it was mentioned that Fi was three years old, that would be how long he spent in the main dimension rather than the Warp Acl dimension.

Maybe Fi is a time traveler.

I think this is quite possible, though, I don't know much about Warp Aci.

Caswin

Quote from: FurryFreak on September 19, 2007, 09:35:30 PMI think this is quite possible, though, I don't know much about Warp Aci.
Few do.  All almost anybody knows about them is from their D101 page, what we've heard in the comic, and anything Amber chooses to disclose.  Anything else is speculation.
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

GabrielsThoughts

or maybe it was a different Fi, to Quote The MSTK crew on a time travel movie (possibly time chasers) with poor  memory reconstructions.

half way though this one should cover what I mean  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfN2ej7zIlk

and then we see   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBvatS2PBRc

EDIT: as you can see from the end of the second clip somewhere there's a spare Fi floating around furcadia/lost lake/dmfa radio ...that's considerably older.  Doesn't that explain everything?
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Reese Tora

I don't think that different incarnations are realy likely, since Fi was Falina's warp aci before he was Dan's.

It could be assumed that he was in Falina's service between the time of the argument and the point in time where he 'abandoned' his job to hide from pip huggles. (it's certainly the simplest expalnation, in my opinion.)

I'm thinking maybe his age should be 3x (30 to 39) and Amber missed a key while typing it. :)
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Tapewolf

Quote from: Reese Tora on September 20, 2007, 02:22:22 AM
It could be assumed that he was in Falina's service between the time of the argument and the point in time where he 'abandoned' his job to hide from pip huggles. (it's certainly the simplest expalnation, in my opinion.)
That's about a week ago, though.

QuoteI'm thinking maybe his age should be 3x (30 to 39) and Amber missed a key while typing it. :)
Personally, I'd say that's most likely.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Hellcat

I remember reading somewhere that a warp aci summoned will usually have some of the summoners traits and memories... or maybe I just dreamed it to stop my brain imploding from the paradox 

Sienna Maiu - M T

Quote from: ??? (Hellcat) on September 20, 2007, 03:35:23 AM
I remember reading somewhere that a warp aci summoned will usually have some of the summoners traits and memories... or maybe I just dreamed it to stop my brain imploding from the paradox 

Sounds good either way though.

Aleolus

Quote from: Alondro on September 19, 2007, 07:42:05 PM
*Charline  :shifty  Whacks Tapewolf on the head with a blackjack and drags him away, before rapidly returning with an MIB flashy thing... FLASH!*  There are no inconsistencies in DMFA.  Amber is perfect.  Anything you see that seems incorrect is obviously your mistake.  Now everyone look at the large-breastes cat girls and forget this whole topic ever existed..

:wiggle :catgirl

0_0  There was a topic?  My mind just blanked out.

Zedd

Quote from: Aleolus on September 26, 2007, 02:01:02 AM
0_0  There was a topic?  My mind just blanked out.
Heh dont worry about it...THEREWASNUTTZING!