22 September 2007-Fillertastic or Mab does rubber-hose

Started by Faerie Alex, September 21, 2007, 06:01:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grenn

The only thing that actually creeps me out in this filler is the Aniz one. It's just so.... happy and.... um.... cute? O.O

ShiningShadow

Quote from: [insert name] on September 22, 2007, 03:22:32 PM
Let's all go to the lobby
Let's all go to the lobby
Let's all go to the lobby to get ourselves a treat
Delicious drugs to eat
The advil can't be beat
The benadryl is just dandy
The aspirin is like candy
So let's all go to the lobby to get ourselves a treat

Don't forget the hot melty butter for those treats.  :mowdizzy

Seth C Triggs

I think I just broke something laughing at this filler.

Great way to bring up the mood!

-Seth
BIBP Webcomic - bizarre and NSFW - http://www.bibp.com

Naldru

Actually, I was just looking at the title of this thread again.  Is it supposed to be rubber-hose or should it be rubber-room.  I usually associate the rubber-hose with the police or army beating somebody up.  (The rubber hose doesn't leave bruises when you beat someone.)

Thanks for the info on "rubber hose".  I hadn't heard that term used for it before.  On the other hand, the only one with arms and legs in the picture is Aniz, and he actually seems to have elbows and knees.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Azraelle

"Rubber-hose" is a description of 1920's style cartoons and animation, because the arms and legs look and act similar to a rubber hose, rather than something that has bones and joints in it.

Psaakyrn

Quote from: Grenn on September 22, 2007, 05:33:55 PM
The only thing that actually creeps me out in this filler is the Aniz one. It's just so.... happy and.... um.... cute? O.O

"In classic dictator like fassion Mab anounces to all the scarry monsters of the world that they have no hope in hiding from her awsome powers of chibiness."
http://pholph.com/chibi.htm (language warning)
Someone in the valley calls out to me;
A voice from the past, fading out fast;
Am I to be wary, do I have to be;
I just know, I have to be there.

superluser

Quote from: Raist on September 22, 2007, 01:20:39 PMMakes me wonder what it would be like to be a head-snake.  Are they sentient?  Do they have personalities of their own?

What would be really cool is if they were each individual heads and they died every time they disappeared.  And every time they appear, it would be like creating new souls.

I could see Dan freaking out and refusing to ever shift them away, winding up with a train of hundreds of heads.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Psy-Kosh

Quote from: superluser on September 23, 2007, 01:53:40 AM
Quote from: Raist on September 22, 2007, 01:20:39 PMMakes me wonder what it would be like to be a head-snake.  Are they sentient?  Do they have personalities of their own?

What would be really cool is if they were each individual heads and they died every time they disappeared.  And every time they appear, it would be like creating new souls.

I could see Dan freaking out and refusing to ever shift them away, winding up with a train of hundreds of heads.

Dunno about Henya's head snakes, but it's more or less implied that Dan's tentacleheads are basically just controlled by his subconsious, effectively a manifestation of it, right? or at least that was how I interpreted stuff.

Amber Williams

If that was to ever happen, Dan would have to leave the comic because there is no way in hells I'm going to draw that on a regular basis.

Psy-Kosh

Quote from: Amber Williams on September 23, 2007, 03:01:00 AM

If that was to ever happen, Dan would have to leave the comic because there is no way in hells I'm going to draw that on a regular basis.

How small can he make them though? iie, maybe we'd have Dan become a Cubi Bushbot.

Goatmon

Quote from: Psaakyrn on September 22, 2007, 10:55:50 PM

"In classic dictator like fassion Mab anounces to all the scarry monsters of the world that they have no hope in hiding from her awsome powers of chibiness."

While we're on the subject of Stuff involving Mab and Jack...
(Fair warning, the Mab-related content only goes for 4 pages, and so does the PG-13 rating; You go any farther at your own risk.)

superluser

Quote from: Amber Williams on September 23, 2007, 03:01:00 AMIf that was to ever happen, Dan would have to leave the comic because there is no way in hells I'm going to draw that on a regular basis.

Heh.

It's a bit unwieldy for a signature, but I'm tempted nonetheless.

Zedd

Quote from: superluser on September 23, 2007, 03:29:02 AM
Quote from: Amber Williams on September 23, 2007, 03:01:00 AMIf that was to ever happen, Dan would have to leave the comic because there is no way in hells I'm going to draw that on a regular basis.

Heh.

Dont fret Super...It will be alright....Look intooo myyy eyyeeesssss..Bellliivveee iinnn mmeee...

Goatmon

Quote from: Zedd on September 23, 2007, 04:08:47 AM

Heh.

Dont fret Super...It will be alright....Look intooo myyy eyyeeesssss..Bellliivveee iinnn mmeee...

:0

All hail the hypno-smiley!

Anri

Quote from: Amber Williams on September 23, 2007, 03:01:00 AM

Or he could become like Wilson from Home Improvement, except it's all his wingheads that somehow end up with their face obscured! =D

*babble*

llearch n'n'daCorna

Hmm. If someone wants to make the background transparent, I'll emote that. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Sunblink

Quote from: Goatmon on September 23, 2007, 04:44:57 AM

Heh.

:0

All hail the hypno-smiley!

All glory to the hypno-smiley?

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Fuyudenki

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 23, 2007, 01:38:12 PM

On it!

I'll re-size it, too, because the original is HUGE!

Fex

Quote from: Goatmon on September 23, 2007, 03:24:50 AM
Quote from: Psaakyrn on September 22, 2007, 10:55:50 PM

While we're on the subject of Stuff involving Mab and Jack...
(Fair warning, the Mab-related content only goes for 4 pages, and so does the PG-13 rating; You go any farther at your own risk.)

the link doesn't work  :U

Suwako

Quote from: Raist on September 23, 2007, 04:01:43 PM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 23, 2007, 01:38:12 PM

On it!

I'll re-size it, too, because the original is HUGE!

I was bored  :<

I accidentally deleted a single frame tho...

Netrogo

That thing gives me horrible and confusing urges involving automatic weapons, whipped cream, and the Cadbury factory a few blocks from my house :erk
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

Psy-Kosh

Quote from: Tikki on September 23, 2007, 07:20:14 AMOr he could become like Wilson from Home Improvement, except it's all his wingheads that somehow end up with their face obscured! =D

*babble*

So whenever someone tries to talk to him and then doesn't get a chance to, will it be "Off to work I go, without my hidey ho?"

Fuyudenki

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Raist on September 23, 2007, 04:18:24 PM
curss'd, Aiyno beat me to it!

If you can resize it, that'd be appreciated. Plus, if you both do it, we can put -two- of them in the emotes.... ;-]

Zedd

Guess no one catched the ref or watched jungle book XP

superluser

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 23, 2007, 04:20:01 PMIf you can resize it, that'd be appreciated. Plus, if you both do it, we can put -two- of them in the emotes.... ;-]

How about 3 emotes?

Here's the full size:

Plus...lessee about a 120x120...

I don't know why the eyes are all wobbly, but I feel this only strengthens the piece.

llearch n'n'daCorna

the eyes would be wobbly because it's off by 1 pixel.  I'd suggest trying 119x119, but I'm not going to put anything that big into the emotes.

Darkmoon may, I'm not. *shrug*

Quote from: Zedd on September 23, 2007, 04:39:30 PM

I laughed, but not enough to actually post about. Sorry about that... ;-]

superluser

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 23, 2007, 05:57:11 PMthe eyes would be wobbly because it's off by 1 pixel.  I'd suggest trying 119x119

Doesn't help.  It's something in the scaling function, I think.

Zedd

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 23, 2007, 05:57:11 PM
I forgive yas never less

Naldru

Quote from: Zedd on September 23, 2007, 06:50:33 PM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 23, 2007, 05:57:11 PM
I forgive yas never less
But would that imply that you're a snake in the tree.

Should a complaint be lodged with the herpetological anti-defamation league.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.