10/20/07 [Abel #103]

Started by Fragmaster01, October 20, 2007, 12:05:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thegayhare

Quote from: Amber Williams on October 20, 2007, 08:50:43 PM
Quote from: thegayhare on October 20, 2007, 08:46:48 PM
Why is it always bewbs?

I'm sorry. But they are more fun to say than anything on the male spectrum.  The only exception may be if one allows the term "wangers".

well you've got me there

superluser

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 20, 2007, 05:38:54 PMI mean seriously, in all other regards he's been a total pleb.  I've lost count of how many times he screwed up in ways that would not have happened if he just stopped messing around and started using the thought/mood reading abilities that Amber gave him.  He's almost like the main character in Age of the Pussyfoot who you end up wanting to die because he's such a cretin.

I see you're coming around to my point of view.  Eh-xcellent. [tents fingers]

Quote from: Caswin on October 20, 2007, 05:41:38 PMsardonicism (sorry, I tried to find a better word, I really did)

``the sardonic.''  Also, you used the word right, but people often get sardonic/sarcastic wrong.  Here's a handy chart for any authors out there:

(stolen from here, who stole it from this book)

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Reese Tora

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 20, 2007, 01:23:30 PM
Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on October 20, 2007, 12:10:08 PM
Abel runs on windows 95...OMG!that explains everything.
It would certainly explain why 'Cubi are unstable, but not how they live so long.

So far as instability goes, be glad he isn't running Windows ME :B

The part that confuses me is that Aniz is ripping off the shirt, but changing the pants a'la 'cubi transformation.  It just strikes me as odd that he would have worn a real shirt, but cubi-shaped a pair of pants on.  As he was still 'playing' Cid at the time, it seeme to me that he would have been risking blowing his cover.  Can morphed clothing be torn and removed without harming the 'cubi who morphed it on?  Or can a 'cubi subsume worn clothing in to themselves when they morph so as to change the clothing's appearance?

Or amybe Aniz is just wearing mood pants. (considering the coloration, it looks like Aniz is in a bad mood and has cramps and a headache :P *is beaten by female forumites* )
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

RobbieThe1st

Quote from: Reese Tora on October 21, 2007, 01:35:05 AM
Quote from: Tapewolf on October 20, 2007, 01:23:30 PM
Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on October 20, 2007, 12:10:08 PM
Abel runs on windows 95...OMG!that explains everything.
It would certainly explain why 'Cubi are unstable, but not how they live so long.

So far as instability goes, be glad he isn't running Windows ME :B

The part that confuses me is that Aniz is ripping off the shirt, but changing the pants a'la 'cubi transformation.  It just strikes me as odd that he would have worn a real shirt, but cubi-shaped a pair of pants on.  As he was still 'playing' Cid at the time, it seeme to me that he would have been risking blowing his cover.  Can morphed clothing be torn and removed without harming the 'cubi who morphed it on?  Or can a 'cubi subsume worn clothing in to themselves when they morph so as to change the clothing's appearance?

Or amybe Aniz is just wearing mood pants. (considering the coloration, it looks like Aniz is in a bad mood and has cramps and a headache :P *is beaten by female forumites* )
Two words: PG13 rating.
I thought that perhaps his pants are real, but as Amber has said, 'Cubi can also morph stuff very close to them, and incorporate it. I figure, the shirt wasn't worth saving, but there was plenty of material in the pants to go towards his new set of clothes.

Quote from: Amber Williams on October 20, 2007, 08:32:56 PM
For what it's worth, I'm not really a mega-fan of Aniz going on and on, but it's unfortunately a necessity.  If not only because if he doesn't explain some stuff, it's never going to get explained and then I'd get cranky peeps at me about how I left so much to unknown.  On the plus side, you guys are actually getting the abridged short-speeches.  Trust me, there is a lot of things I've had to cut already to keep this from getting too text-laden.
Hey, how about this: Why don't you post the original script below the image on the Abel page, or perhaps put a link to a text document containing all the information down at the bottom of the current Abel page - this would allow you to keep the comic relatively text-free, yet those of us(Tape, for example) who would love to read the extra information can. What do you think?

-RobbieThe1st

Pasteris.ttf <- Pasteris is the font used for text in DMFA.

Mwa

Quote from: RobbieThe1st on October 21, 2007, 02:11:59 AM
Hey, why don't you post the original script, or perhaps put a link to a text document containing all the information down at the bottom of the current Abel page - this would allow you to keep the comic relatively text-free, yet those of us(Tape, for example) who would love to read the extra information can. What do you think?

I would be in favor of this. :3

Tapewolf

Me too, although I suspect it won't happen.  In any case, thanks for the interesting exposé on what's happening with Aniz.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Amber Williams on October 20, 2007, 08:50:43 PM
I'm sorry. But they are more fun to say than anything on the male spectrum.

... they're certainly more fun to play with. ;-]

Quote from: superluser on October 20, 2007, 10:42:18 PM
``the sardonic.''  Also, you used the word right, but people often get sardonic/sarcastic wrong.  Here's a handy chart for any authors out there:

(stolen from here, who stole it from this book)

Oh, wow. That's a -hugely- useful list, there. *makes notes*

In fact, might I suggest you re-post it in the Long Library? That'd be downright handy...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

superluser

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 21, 2007, 12:20:01 PMOh, wow. That's a -hugely- useful list, there. *makes notes*

In fact, might I suggest you re-post it in the Long Library? That'd be downright handy...

Just to spite you, no.

...I'll post this list and a couple of other, similar lists that Fowler has.

And I'll format them better.

Edit: Done!

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Aleolus

So this whole thing was a lesson of "Life sucks, deal with it"??  I could have come up with a better way to teach that lesson in my sleep!  One that did without all the trauma!  Oh, I am this close to going over to the 'KILL ANIZ' camp.  Right now, I don't want anyone to kill him, I just want someone to smack him upside the head with a wet noodle to knock some sense into him.  I swear, does he not know how painful this all is??  He must, he's a mind-reading Incubus!

Dammit Amber, bring back my illusions that everyone is basically good and get mislead into doing bad things!

candide

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 21, 2007, 12:20:01 PM
Quote from: Amber Williams on October 20, 2007, 08:50:43 PMI'm sorry. But they are more fun to say than anything on the male spectrum.
... they're certainly more fun to play with. ;-]
Speak for yourself!  ;)

Sooo... looks like I interpretted the artist correctly:  Aniz lost his cool when Hennya attacked him and acted without thinking.  (Remember, people, SAIA's purpose is, first and foremost, to teach its students how to survive.)

As for Aniz not noticing that Abel's still in shock, just consider the events in the comic itself.  Aniz is (a) healing a wound; (b) cleaning himself off; (c) materializing a whole new outfit for himself; (d) talking the entire time he's doing the previous 3.  That has to take some concentration, no?  And that's not even including what Amber just revealed to us about Aniz' state of mind...  No, I find this Saturday's update totally self-consistent.

Stygian

Quote from: Aleolus on October 21, 2007, 01:14:33 PM
So this whole thing was a lesson of "Life sucks, deal with it"??  I could have come up with a better way to teach that lesson in my sleep!  One that did without all the trauma!  Oh, I am this close to going over to the 'KILL ANIZ' camp.  Right now, I don't want anyone to kill him, I just want someone to smack him upside the head with a wet noodle to knock some sense into him.  I swear, does he not know how painful this all is??  He must, he's a mind-reading Incubus!

Dammit Amber, bring back my illusions that everyone is basically good and get mislead into doing bad things!

'Life is fucking harsh and people only ever care about themselves. Have a Xanax.'

I think that would be a perfect commercial.

AnizInDisguise

Quote from: Silverfoxr on October 20, 2007, 02:19:09 PM
because aniz's new outfit is sezy

Splee! This is awesome! I want MORE!  :eager

ShiningShadow

I have to say i'm in the KILL ANIZ camp and I would love to give Aniz a severe case of lead posioning right between his eyes. Aniz in a total psychopath and trying to teach Abel to go foward in life WTF? Just give me five minutes with Aniz and a potato peeler and super glue and a bowie knife and I will show you to go foward in life ANIZ! yeah I mean you mister self righteous knuckle head.

Aurawyn

For what it's worth, I'm not really a mega-fan of Aniz going on and on, but it's unfortunately a necessity.  If not only because if he doesn't explain some stuff, it's never going to get explained and then I'd get cranky peeps at me about how I left so much to unknown.  On the plus side, you guys are actually getting the abridged short-speeches.  Trust me, there is a lot of things I've had to cut already to keep this from getting too tex-laden.

Personally.. I like "Tex-laden" Comics.. as long as the text allows the reader to learn about whats going on...

Something I really hate is pages that really don't take the story anywhere, but are "pretty".. *shrugs* For me its about the story, or the funny, not the "Pretty"

AnizInDisguise

Quote from: Aurawyn on October 27, 2007, 11:44:26 AM
For what it's worth, I'm not really a mega-fan of Aniz going on and on, but it's unfortunately a necessity.  If not only because if he doesn't explain some stuff, it's never going to get explained and then I'd get cranky peeps at me about how I left so much to unknown.  On the plus side, you guys are actually getting the abridged short-speeches.  Trust me, there is a lot of things I've had to cut already to keep this from getting too tex-laden.

Personally.. I like "Tex-laden" Comics.. as long as the text allows the reader to learn about whats going on...

Something I really hate is pages that really don't take the story anywhere, but are "pretty".. *shrugs* For me its about the story, or the funny, not the "Pretty"

I very much agree with you!