Battleships Forever

Started by Arcalane, September 26, 2007, 10:12:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arcalane

Spreading the love here.

Some of you may be familiar with a game called Warning Forever. I very recently found a game inspired by it called Battleships Forever, which hit 0.79b earlier today/yesterday.

Battleships Forever is a real-time tactics/strategy game inspired by and loosely based off Warning Forever. It comes with a ship designer that allows you not only to create entirely new ships but arm them, and modify their armaments to whatever parameters you please. Want to tweak a blaster to be a lot more powerful but fire more slowly? That's just one example. ;) There are a lot more things you can do with it, though you can't make entirely new weapons.

It can be found here! Use the download links near the top.

One of the most recent additions is a very nice missile launcher. I'll let that talk for itself, though... (The pictures are thumbnails - click to enlarge)

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Arcalane

"Rule Number Thirty-Seven; There is no "overkill". There is only "open fire" and "I need to reload.""

llearch n'n'daCorna

mmm. I've got to wonder, though, if that will play under wine; given they provide it in an exe format, I have my doubts...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Arcalane

I don't believe so. Someone else I know of tried it under WINE and reported no success, but they're not the sort of person who I'd rely on for a decent answer. You might be able to get it working - with a little elbow grease. :B