Rock Band

Started by Paul, August 28, 2007, 07:08:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul

They're The Rocketeers! (exclamation mark obligatory) and they're the brainchildren of a friend of mine. I did the drawing.

bill

Zedd

Oh thats just so cool

xHaZxMaTx

What's up with the drummer?  He looks kinda' paranoid.

bill

It's because he knows he isn't a real band member.  :<

Janus Whitefurr

I know who commissioned that picture.

I still think Exclamation Point Mandatory would totally have to be the first album's name.
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Amber Williams

NEEDS MOAR LENSFLARE! :U

Nah. Its very good.  I always like your style and you have a very crisp way of inking and making everyone stand out in their own individual way.

Tapewolf

Nice.  They could do with a keyboard player, though  >:3
Is this a furry version of an actual group?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Turnsky

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 29, 2007, 06:15:33 AM
Nice.  They could do with a keyboard player, though  >:3
Is this a furry version of an actual group?

*grooves to some dire straits*

i'm also horribly curious as to how you can get such crisp inklines. *jealouses* very nice indeed.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

King Of Hearts

Damn... again a good one... though I was expecting to be wearing stylized helmets, jetpacks, and fighting Nazis.

O god that post just made me feel so old.

xHaZxMaTx

And the fact that I have no idea what you're talking about probably doesn't help. :3

Paul

Quote from: xHaZxMaTx on August 28, 2007, 09:39:40 PM
Er... I don't know. I was asked to make him look as if something bad was about to happen. I didn't ask what that would be. So Bill's probably right.

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 29, 2007, 06:15:33 AMIs this a furry version of an actual group?
Nope.

Quote from: Turnsky on August 29, 2007, 07:22:08 AMi'm also horribly curious as to how you can get such crisp inklines. *jealouses* very nice indeed.
Three reasons, I'd say:
1) Inking with a brush (or in this case, a brush pen).
2) Practicing (brushes can be tricky at first).
3) The original drawing is much larger than the finished gif, making things look slicker than they really are.

Turnsky

Quote from: Paul on August 29, 2007, 10:12:28 AM
Quote from: xHaZxMaTx on August 28, 2007, 09:39:40 PM
Er... I don't know. I was asked to make him look as if something bad was about to happen. I didn't ask what that would be. So Bill's probably right.

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 29, 2007, 06:15:33 AMIs this a furry version of an actual group?
Nope.

Quote from: Turnsky on August 29, 2007, 07:22:08 AMi'm also horribly curious as to how you can get such crisp inklines. *jealouses* very nice indeed.
Three reasons, I'd say:
1) Inking with a brush (or in this case, a brush pen).
2) Practicing (brushes can be tricky at first).
3) The original drawing is much larger than the finished gif, making things look slicker than they really are.

ah, that explains it, i never had much luck with brush pens m'self. they fray way too easily on me, but yeah, practice would prolly do me the world of good. i do a lotta digital inking nowadays anywho..
heh, and you're right about the size/dpi difference. i always forget that m'self, i guess i'm used to picking apart my own stuff because i know what the original lineart looks like from the get-go.  :P

i like to pick the brains of other artists, really, metaphorically speaking, of course.  :3

Zedd

Nope that doesnt make ya olds...I know that movie as well other disney movies that are hidden from eyes or not reconized normaly to current Disney productions

Turnsky

Quote from: Zedd on August 29, 2007, 11:32:36 AM
Nope that doesnt make ya olds...I know that movie as well other disney movies that are hidden from eyes or not reconized normaly to current Disney productions

which thankfully didn't spawn a slew of direct-to-video sequels

xHaZxMaTx

Quote from: King Of Hearts on August 29, 2007, 10:45:12 AM
The name I mean...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Rocketeer
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Rocketeer_%28film%29
Ah, yes, now I know what you're talking about.  My friend has a poster in his room of the picture featured in the second Wiki article.

Zedd

Quote from: Turnsky on August 29, 2007, 12:02:40 PM
Quote from: Zedd on August 29, 2007, 11:32:36 AM

which thankfully didn't spawn a slew of direct-to-video sequels
If there was..People likey be..Wuts all this then?

Miaka

That's really good, great job!.
I love that kind of style, I think we see a bit too much of the anime/more realistically cartoony things. *I'm totally not a hypocrite*