Real Life Flamewar

Started by techmaster-glitch, July 27, 2007, 03:11:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

techmaster-glitch

Found this topic over at the Freefall forums. Decided to bring it here.
As Murray (at the Freefall board) said,
We do our best to keep flamewars from breaking out. In this case, the flames turned into real ones -

http://www.heraldextra.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=230290&Itemid=99999999

Discuss this new testament to the lowest tiers of human stupidity.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Let's not, and say we did.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Jack McSlay

another dude killed a player of a MMOG because he stole his weapon, anything is possible  :U
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

xHaZxMaTx

Zedd

Its just a freaking game dude! You didnt need to burn his house down!!

bill

Does this qualify as LARP?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Valynth

Quote from: BillBuckner on July 27, 2007, 05:28:28 PM
Does this qualify as LARP?

Only if he declared "I cast fireball at his house!"  while throwing a flaming bean bag.  Of course the bag has to hit the house and not the grass next to it in order for it to count.
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

RJ

Dangnabit, I wanted to make the funny joke about magical bean bags.  :U

thegayhare

no it's only LARP if your screaming lightning bolt while being pummeled by two guys in mexican wreastling masks

Caswin

I'd say this guy was living out a fantasy of mine - driving cross-country to exact revenge for an online incident - but not over something like that.  That actually sound kind of funny.
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Boog

Boy, did he show him. :rolleyes

Human beings are many things. Tenacious, complex, creative, tool using... But this is one example of how calling us intelligent life is possibly stretching things  a bit.

Knight

Apparently the guy had issues off line already, like, insanity maybe.  It was only a matter of time before something drove him over the edge, it just happened to be something stupid that no one can empathize with him for.  Thank goodness no one died because of it.

techmaster-glitch

Knight

I guess it's better than the reason the Hatfields and McCoys had, which, you know, no one can even remember.  People obsess.  Everybody is three drinks and some good music behind.