Power paper

Started by Brunhidden, July 15, 2007, 12:25:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brunhidden

recently at work i was reading the newspaper that my coworkers were delivering, and one of the headlines buried deep within it stated that a group had just finished development on a automatic toilet paper dispenser.

first of all, this strikes me as kind of pitiful. secondly, it took them a YEAR of research and development... couldn't they have come out with it back when they made the automatic flushing toilets and motion sensing sinks? or maybe the level of technology to handle toilet paper wasn't around yet... their only excuse is if they spent 10 months of that year conducting surveys in bathroom as to how many TP squares a person uses. Thirdly, this was important enough to make it into a newspaper?

like the motion sensing toilets, paper towel dispensers, and sinks you wave your hand and it spits out the intended product. how much? five sheets, this year long R&D endeavor revealed that the average person would be satisfied with 5 sheets even if they would normally have grabbed a much bigger wad by hand.

seems a bit too much effort to save on TP. you save, what, a dollar a year? Unless your some kind of international house of bean chili, then you NEED one of these.

QuoteErnest Hemingway -
- But did thee feel the earth move?
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Aridas

I've already seen an automatic paper grabber in action.

rabid_fox

What was the wonderful film with Stallone in it where toilet paper is dispensed really stingily, but if you swear, you get a ticket issued instantly from a machine in the wall. All I remember is that Stallone swears a blue streak, grabs the tickets and goes to the toilet. Brilliant.

Oh dear.

Tapewolf

Quote from: rabid_fox on July 15, 2007, 09:24:52 AM
What was the wonderful film with Stallone in it where toilet paper is dispensed really stingily, but if you swear, you get a ticket issued instantly from a machine in the wall. All I remember is that Stallone swears a blue streak, grabs the tickets and goes to the toilet. Brilliant.
Demolition Man.  They don't have toilet paper at all... instead they use three seashells in some mysterious manner.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

lucas marcone

Zedd

NOT THE SEASHELLS!!  :U