6/25/07 [DMFA #799] - Law of gravity? But then, I never studied law...

Started by Rafe, June 24, 2007, 09:52:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpottedKitty

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on June 24, 2007, 10:51:00 PM
Heh heh, it proves that while the Fae may be the most happy-go-lucky and carefree race in all Furrae, for them, the law is the LAW.  :giggle
10m/s^-2 — it's not just the law, it's a good idea.   
ENGLISH: A language that lurks in dark alleys, beats up other languages
and rifles through their pockets for spare vocabulary.

AnizInDisguise

Quote from: Naldru on June 24, 2007, 10:33:43 PM
Quote from: modelincard on June 24, 2007, 09:59:06 PM
Ooh, I get it. The apple must be a reference to Newton's apple.

What's with the mini-fae? Do they believe themselves to be small? Or are they something else altogether?
I can think of two possible meanings:

A reference to Tinkerbell who was certainly small.

A reference to the religious debate on the number of angels that could dance on the head of a pin.  (I believe that the final consensus was as many as wish to.)

As a comparison, it will be interesting to see how Lorenda does.

Anyone out there remember the movie Forbidden Planet where the members of an ancient civilization had built a machine that materialized thoughts.  Unfortunately, the "monsters of the id" materialized and wiped out everybody on the planet.

You know, I'll bet Lorenda will do a lot better. Maybe come out looking better than before? (In her own eyes of course)

Zedd

Now now..We really dont want our dear robot feel more bad now do we?

bill

Castle Pokemetroid

Jy will more likely belive science than faith, seeing how smart he is.

Netrogo

Quote from: Naldru on June 25, 2007, 04:37:19 PM
With regard to the question as to why some fae hadn't started believing that it could kill other fae permanently.  -- Perhaps some previous king or queen of the fae had passed a law against it.

I said that already.

Quote from: Netrogo on June 24, 2007, 11:02:22 PM
Also Whitemage, they probably haven't done that because there's probably a LAW against killing other Fae.
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

terrycloth

Quote from: computer nerd on June 25, 2007, 07:53:04 AM
If what you believe come what you can do  in the fae kingdom .why doesn't nutmeg believe she can a child without a fae soul ?  :mowdizzy

Probably because fae souls and therefore true birth and death aren't part of the part of reality that you can adjust through belief.

Either that, or all fae have an unshakeable belief in their inability to have children without recycling a soul and in their own (and each others') immortality.

Caswin

Quote from: Castle Pokemetroid on June 25, 2007, 05:14:36 PM
Jy will more likely belive science than faith, seeing how smart he is.
...except faith appears to be the smart choice here.

And I'm guessing the scientific process would only support it, really. (Am I the only one who thinks Mab seems to be overreacting?)
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

nikename2

Quote(Am I the only one who thinks Mab seems to be overreacting?)

Mab is probably a little peeved that she had to "modify" her tail to conform to fae law so she could re-enter the kingdom. Her reaction is justified, its bad enough that she had to defluff her tail temporarily and now she probably has to save Jy before he accidently offs himself or gets himself into a situation where if he does something wrong the consequences could be dire.  :U

Mischa

Quote from: superluser on June 25, 2007, 03:25:07 AM
Quote from: Mischa on June 25, 2007, 12:24:18 AMBah!  Hasn't Jyrras ever heard of the Copenhagen interpretation??  The fae simply apply form of quantum-scale waveform collapse on a macro scale!

*Thinks about that for a second* That's not even wrong.

Awww, at least someone noticed it. :3

But I do have to wonder why Jyrras didn't just apply a little empirical methodology or something.  After all, those platforms were floating in midair -- surely, if physics applied (which he apparently beleives it to be) there must be some force supporting them.  So why wouldn't it support him as well?

techmaster-glitch

Because he didn't believe that the platforms were supported by any force. Mostly because they didn't even look solid.

kaskar

:mowmeep In this land of the Fae, everything seems to run back to front, and down to up. I shudder at the thought of a Fae flush toilet ...
8) Just Hanging Around ...

Cemalidor

Quote from: Alondro on June 25, 2007, 09:31:38 AM
Hmm, a place where whatever you believe becomes reality?

How ST-TNG-ish!  This means the Traveller was a Fae!   :U

*wonders how many will recall that episode*  ;)
afair the traveller had two episodes, which one are you refering to?  :boogie

ANTIcarrot

Technically, science makes you believe in gravity in the presence of very large objects.
<carefully leans closer to the spinning coffin>
"What's that Mr Mendel? Kill chakat Goldfur? Shi's making a mockery of all your theories?"

llearch n'n'daCorna

Technically, Science makes you believe in gravity in the presence of -any- objects. :-P

It's only -detectable- gravity that you can find in the presence of larger objects...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Alondro

Quote from: Cemalidor on June 26, 2007, 05:45:04 AM
Quote from: Alondro on June 25, 2007, 09:31:38 AM
Hmm, a place where whatever you believe becomes reality?

How ST-TNG-ish!  This means the Traveller was a Fae!   :U

*wonders how many will recall that episode*  ;)
afair the traveller had two episodes, which one are you refering to?  :boogie

Uhm, I mentioned on the previous page, and the hints in this text should be enough.  There was only one episode in which the Traveller took them to the cloudy space place where their thoughts became real.

PS:  The Traveller actually appeared in 3 episodes:  "Where No One Has Gone Before"  "Remember Me" (when Dr. Crusher got stuck in the collapsing warp bubble)  and "Journey's End"
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Caswin

Quote from: Xeksue on June 25, 2007, 11:17:17 PM
Quote(Am I the only one who thinks Mab seems to be overreacting?)
Mab is probably a little peeved that she had to "modify" her tail to conform to fae law so she could re-enter the kingdom. Her reaction is justified, its bad enough that she had to defluff her tail temporarily and now she probably has to save Jy before he accidently offs himself or gets himself into a situation where if he does something wrong the consequences could be dire.  :U
Well... actually, I was talking about her shouting at Jyrras.  She looks mad.
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

ShiningShadow

I have a question.

I know Jy-Jy is always prepared for every eventuality like gadgets and stuff I know in this case he didn't have a gadget in case he was plummetting in the Fae kindom like a minture rocket pack and such to use to escape certain doom.

And also is Jyrass  suppose to know the Fae Kingdom he is a scientest for pete's sake and study up on it from Mabs *Oh wait this is Mabs here* I could see Jyrass head exploded with the answer from Mabs about the Fae kingdom.

It's his job to know these things. I feel he look like a total boob if I'm wrong then tell me I'm wrong.

Aleolus

Quote from: ShiningShadow on June 26, 2007, 12:22:09 PM
I have a question.

I know Jy-Jy is always prepared for every eventuality like gadgets and stuff I know in this case he didn't have a gadget in case he was plummetting in the Fae kindom like a minture rocket pack and such to use to escape certain doom.

And also is Jyrass  suppose to know the Fae Kingdom he is a scientest for pete's sake and study up on it from Mabs *Oh wait this is Mabs here* I could see Jyrass head exploded with the answer from Mabs about the Fae kingdom.

It's his job to know these things. I feel he look like a total boob if I'm wrong then tell me I'm wrong.

....Dear god, the typos!  They make my head hurt!  Please, proof-read your work before hitting submit!

terrycloth

Jyrass's job is to look like a total boob.  :B When he prepares for adventures, his gadgets never work anyway, and he didn't have a chance to even prepare this time -- Mab just drafted him.

Kryptic

Alondro

I just realized Jyrras would be very useful in fighting the Red Wizard. 

;)
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Zedd

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Kenji

Mashi

What happened to Mab's antennae glowies in the last panel? Were they misplaced or am I blind?

techmaster-glitch

Kryptic

Kenji

Mashi

Man, Jyrra's not believing in Mab's glowy antennae things ruins everythiiiing. D:<