6/25/07 [DMFA #799] - Law of gravity? But then, I never studied law...

Started by Rafe, June 24, 2007, 09:52:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rafe

Looks like Jyrras needs to take a lesson from Bugs Bunny... or Tinkerbell.

(edit: Your date appears incorrect, Rafe. Don't mind me... -- llearch)
Rafe

Faerie Alex

Ooh, I get it. The apple must be a reference to Newton's apple.

What's with the mini-fae? Do they believe themselves to be small? Or are they something else altogether?
Jeez I need to update this thing.

techmaster-glitch

A place where conventional science has no meaning?
Me and Jyrras: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! 'A' 'A' 'A' 'A' 'A' 'A' 'A' 'A'

GabrielsThoughts

strange I would have assumed knowing the laws of physics jyrras would have already figured out "the Secret" to reality is that it is what you make it.

EDIT: **holds Gratitude rock** My Preciouuuuus! 
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Toric

I noticed that Mab's tail seems to be tied up at three different places. Guess it's a temporary solution to her fluffy tail. I can imagine any trip I'd have in the Fae world would be chaos. *Imaginative and Happy! Oh, hi physics-ARGH! AAAH! AAAH! ...Okay. Happy again. Hi, concept of vacuum vs air! Erk, choking!* etc

Just one week left to go before this month is gone, Amber. Hang in there. :mowmeep
Yap by Silver.

Naldru

Quote from: modelincard on June 24, 2007, 09:59:06 PM

What's with the mini-fae? Do they believe themselves to be small? Or are they something else altogether?
I can think of two possible meanings:

A reference to Tinkerbell who was certainly small.

A reference to the religious debate on the number of angels that could dance on the head of a pin.  (I believe that the final consensus was as many as wish to.)

As a comparison, it will be interesting to see how Lorenda does.

Anyone out there remember the movie Forbidden Planet where the members of an ancient civilization had built a machine that materialized thoughts.  Unfortunately, the "monsters of the id" materialized and wiped out everybody on the planet.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Caswin

...and Mab gets what may be the first ding against her personality ever.

Not that that's exactly a bad thing.
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Toric on June 24, 2007, 10:31:05 PM
I noticed that Mab's tail seems to be tied up at three different places. Guess it's a temporary solution to her fluffy tail.
Hey, you're right! I didn't notice that until now! Heh heh, it proves that while the Fae may be the most happy-go-lucky and carefree race in all Furrae, for them, the law is the LAW.  :giggle

kaskar

:mowmeep It seems a bit like the road runner show, with the cyote falling down into the canyon towards a place marked " X " .
8) Just Hanging Around ...

Zedd

Whitemagebishieboy

If you can do anything you believe in.
Why hasn't some fae believed he could kill all the other fae permanently.

LOGICAL CONSISTENCY FAILING

Netrogo

Knowing the Fae he'll land on a big black X on some patch of out of the blue ground.

As to the earlier comment about the tiny Fae. We've already seen that they can change their size at will. Remember when Nutmeg first came out of disguise, she shrank herself down to Jyrass' size proclaiming "Glee! Now we're the same size! Hug time now!" before realizing that she was still 'pointy'.

Also Whitemage, they probably haven't done that because there's probably a LAW against killing other Fae.
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

Faerie Alex

I just came up with a term to describe this: Freudian Physics. I just had to say that. :3
Jeez I need to update this thing.

Netrogo

Quote from: modelincard on June 24, 2007, 11:04:48 PM
I just came up with a term to describe this: Freudian Physics. I just had to say that. :3

You have to have an unhealthy obsession with your mom in order to move around in the Fae kingdom?

Kenji

GabrielsThoughts

damn, you've discovered the secret ...you must be killed!
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Zedd

kaskar

:mowmeep Will Jyrras, with a bit of effort, try to fall back towards Mab ? Or will he use his ears, like Dumbo, to get around ?

Netrogo

Quote from: kaskar on June 24, 2007, 11:53:13 PM

:mowmeep Will Jyrras, with a bit of effort, try to fall back towards Mab ? Or will he use his ears like Dumbo to get around ?

The most fae kingdom accurate response I can give to all that...

Yes.

nikename2

Quote from: Whitemagebishieboy on June 24, 2007, 10:59:18 PM
If you can do anything you believe in.
Why hasn't some fae believed he could kill all the other fae permanently.

LOGICAL CONSISTENCY FAILING

Probably because the other fae believed that he can't kill anything, which would probably cause a paradox and destroy the universe again. If that did happen it'd explain their care-free attitude a little bit.  :3

Zorro

Apparently Jyrras has never read an X-Men comic or seen Magneto.   :P

Mischa

Bah!  Hasn't Jyrras ever heard of the Copenhagen interpretation??  The fae simply apply form of quantum-scale waveform collapse on a macro scale!

Either that... or maybe Clarke's Law will save him.

kaskar

Quote from: Netrogo on June 24, 2007, 11:55:56 PM
Quote from: kaskar on June 24, 2007, 11:53:13 PM

:mowmeep Will Jyrras, with a bit of effort, try to fall back towards Mab ? Or will he use his ears like Dumbo to get around ?

The most fae kingdom accurate response I can give to all that...

Yes.

:mowhappy Is this where Amber's pic of Jyrras's ears in her sketch of " Earzilla " comes in ?

LionHeart

Quote from: modelincard on June 24, 2007, 11:04:48 PM
Personally, I think it would be more like Descartes: "I think, therefore it is."
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

thegayhare

for some reason I think this might be ambers revenge on all of those people who insiste in inserting Science in to her comic

TheAuldGrump

Believing in gravity after stepping into open space? Not a problem.
Believing in the ground after stepping into open space on the other hand....

Quick! Someone distract him before he hits!

The Auld Grump

MaskedRetriever

Quote from: modelincard on June 24, 2007, 09:59:06 PM

Actually I'm betting it's biblical:  The Tree of Knowledge.

The apples being "tasty" is a metaphorical nod to the good science can do, just as they would be if it'd been a reference to Newton's Apple.

Although Mr. Wizard was way awesomer.

Man I'm a child of the 80s.

Grenn

Quote from: Toric on June 24, 2007, 10:31:05 PM
I noticed that Mab's tail seems to be tied up at three different places. Guess it's a temporary solution to her fluffy tail.

Yay! I noticed that too. Temporary solution that indeed makes Mab "legal" :p

kaskar

:mowmeep              Remember, the laws of gravity doubles around hills, cliffs, and waterfalls ...   ( # 531 )

( p.s.  Look how young Mab looked with Dan in # 558 ... )       

Zedd

Like Mavin the parainoid android would said at this point...
Marvin: I told you this would all end in tears.