Darkmoon's Theme -- MIDI

Started by Destina Faroda, April 01, 2006, 01:00:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Destina Faroda

I know what you all have been wondering why I haven't been around very much.   Well, I'll tell you. I've been trying to do a litttle dabbling with the midi format and come up with something nice for CVRPG.  So I've decided to compose a theme for Darkmoon himself.  I'd appreciate any feedback or criticism.

Darkmoon's Theme!
Sig coming...whenever...

Sin Ominous

I'm a big fan of organ sounds, so this track already ensnared my interest. :)

I find it a befitting theme for when Darkmoon is alone or when the party was in its "parting ways" phase.

I'd say it'd make the perfect simple backdrop for Darkmoon's Backstory.

Darkmoon

Quote from: Sin Ominous on April 01, 2006, 01:35:37 AM
I'm a big fan of organ sounds, so this track already ensnared my interest. :)

I find it a befitting theme for when Darkmoon is alone or when the party was in its "parting ways" phase.

I'd say it'd make the perfect simple backdrop for Darkmoon's Backstory.

Yeah, it is befitting of him, honestly. Bewcause of the midi quality, I get this feeling of like Darkmoon in Castlevania 2, wandering around the forests during daylight... Or maybe even like Zelda 2...

ilpalazzo

Damaris

oh wow!  Darkmoon just played it for me- I really like it!

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Fizzbit

Not bad, at least you can make MIDIs. The best I can use MIDI programs for is ripping sheet music so I can play the music on my flute. I suck at arranging ;)

But... is it just me or is this just a remake of the Sailor Moon theme?

Xuzaf D

Quote from: Clara E. Leet on April 01, 2006, 06:55:08 PM
But... is it just me or is this just a remake of the Sailor Moon theme?
I repeat:  :laugh

Fizzbit

Joseph, if you have something to say, say it. Emoticons can give several impressions and can offend anyone easily.

Destina Faroda

I meant to say this last night, but I got sick and went to sleep.  It's really an April Fool's gag.  The midi is an OLD midi of the theme to Sailor Moon.  I didn't even make this midi.  I merely changed the instruments to make it supposedly sound "dark" and "spooky"...around seven years ago (before I even knew Darkmoon).  But since it was named "darkmoon" on my old hard drive, I simply uploaded it as is and thought people would get the joke.  I guess I was wrong.
Sig coming...whenever...

chip

Ok. Strange music nothing special.

Sin Ominous

I guess only those of us in the Sailor Moon in-the-know would've been able to catch that.

ilpalazzo

Fizzbit

Hmm... that's potentially bad, Destina. You know we have an anti-plagiarism rule here, and that includes altering instrumentation. Changing the color of Link's shirt in an official picture from green to polka-dot and putting sunglasses on him doesn't make it your picture, the same as changing one or two instruments to another in a MIDI does not make it your arrangement. Thank you for coming out about it, but please remember it in the future.

ilpalazzo

Hey It was a joke and she came out aout it so nyah.

Fizzbit

It really doesn't matter. She failed to post that it was an April Fool's Day joke when she originally posted it. If it were found out that she did not originally compose it before she came forward and said that it was both a joke and not her own, she would have had received more than just a warning. You all need to think carefully about posting something up as a joke. If you're gonna tell us it's a joke, do it at the end of a post, not in a seperate post the next day or a few days later.

ilpalazzo

Thats more common sense, but it is possible to accidentally forget.

Fizzbit

Please read the rules on plagiarism, Ilpalazzo. I'm letting it slide because it was an April Fool's Day joke, but if it happens again, "Sorry" or "I forgot" are not gonna be excuses.

ilpalazzo

I've read the rules. but Just for arguments sake I give.

Destina Faroda

Well, don't worry because it won't happen again, because I won't be posting in this sub-forum again.  You can have it.  I guess loosening up isn't such a bright idea after all.
Sig coming...whenever...

Fizzbit

You're not in trouble, Destina, and nothing I said up there was meant to insult you but rather remind you of the rules set up for this sub-forum. You don't need to get so defensive.

However, since you've seemed to have made up your mind in this matter, this thread will now be locked.

Darkmoon

I'm not entirely clear why you feel the need to leave this sub-section... but... okay...