2007-06-20 [798] Scene change!

Started by superluser, June 20, 2007, 12:25:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zedd

Quote from: Azraelle on June 20, 2007, 03:40:34 AM
You strike Silly Grudge with Sword of Logic.
Your weapon has no effect.
Wow that sword of his must be really dull or needs to aim for the enemy and not the party :shifty

kaskar

:mowmeep When will the sword of logic sway in the fae land of magic ?
8) Just Hanging Around ...

Ralanost

Quote from: Aleolus on June 20, 2007, 01:27:12 AM
Quote from: Alondro on June 20, 2007, 01:18:56 AM
*Charles overthinks*  Hmm, I suspect the Fae Kingdom is on a parallel brane which intersects the Furrae quantum fabric on a quasispatial level, allowing this strange 'magic' energy to shift the functional sum of the quanta of matter back and forth across the interphasic boundary.  Magic would seem to be some form of harnessed dark energy/void energy hybrid.  Perhaps a type of protomatter, given its unstable nature.

Actually, I can see that working.  But only if the human plane is another plane of existence connected to the fae plane.
You guys have needed this for the longest....

Alondro

*Charles overthinks*  Hmm, I suspect the Fae Kingdom is on a parallel brane which intersects the Furrae quantum fabric on a quasispatial level, allowing this strange 'magic' energy to shift the functional sum of the quanta of matter back and forth across the interphasic boundary.  Magic would seem to be some form of harnessed dark energy/void energy hybrid.  Perhaps a type of protomatter, given its unstable nature.

Actually, I can see that working.  But only if the human plane is another plane of existence connected to the fae plane.

*Chomp chomp!  Charline Hungry Lion came down on his head!  Munch Munch!  Charline Hungry Lion made sure he was dead!*   :P
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Ralanost on June 20, 2007, 05:15:13 AM

I know, I know. I'm thinking of them.

I just can't kill them fast enough...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Ralanost

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on June 20, 2007, 07:45:33 AM

I know, I know. I'm thinking of them.

I just can't kill them fast enough...
As long as there are otaku, there will be catgirls. >:3

Netrogo

Quote from: kaskar on June 20, 2007, 03:20:31 AM
:mowmeep  Is this the time when Lorenda gets her wings fixed ? ( Did you think I forgot about that chapter ? )
                      What will Jyrass do for personal transport ?
                                      We wait and see ...   
8)  ( In #772, Kria commented that the wings may rely completely on magic to function . Lorenda is now in the fae )
            ( kingdom , the land of magic . Even Jyrras may get a set of wings to tour around in ...   ) 

We don't actually know if there's anything wrong with her wings. People are born with flaws all the time, or they grow up with them, or gain them over time. It could very well be that Lorenda's wings are just naturally small and useless. Personally I'd actually prefer that with Lorenda, it gives that much more realism to the characters when some of them have imperfections.
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

Regal

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on June 20, 2007, 12:39:09 AM

Wait, where'd Nutmeg go?

Summoning the guards, of course. Mab is breaking the fluffy tail law!

GabrielsThoughts

so the fae kingdom is nothing more than an external reality of godlike semi omnipotent beings like the Q'  and furcadia is like their version of the Truman show.

and out of curiosity what the heck is a Keet? a parakeet? a fluffy alien?
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Caswin

Quote from: kaskar on June 20, 2007, 04:34:21 AM
:mowmeep When will the sword of logic sway in the fae land of magic ?
Well, I didn't fare too badly using logic in Wonderland...

Bah.  Para-urban legend.
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

rt

.. err wow ..lmao :giggle .. that last sceen was indeed unxepcted, and greatly silly  :)

rabid_fox

There is something oddly familiar about that gag. I'm thinking Futurama with "The Scary Door" where once something gets said, it is. All we need now is Bender going "Saw it coming."

Oh dear.

Angel

:mowmeep :boogie  :3

Ok. It's official. The Fae are my favorite race. Ever.
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Alan Garou

Fine by me. There are way too many of them, and they shed everywhere. And claws may look cute, but they're murder on the furniture. Be a responsible owner, spay and declaw your catgirl!

Netrogo

Quote from: Alan Garou on June 20, 2007, 01:12:55 PM
Fine by me. There are way too many of them, and they shed everywhere. And claws may look cute, but they're murder on the furniture. Be a responsible owner, spay and declaw your catgirl!

Or just put it out of our misery >:3
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

Psychogirl

I, for one, don't care about the catgirls (they can burst into flames for all I care).

But dragging the topic of real physics (or ANYTHING realistic and logical for the matter) into a discussion of a fantasy comic just makes me sick.  'A'

I mean, fantasy is not supposed to be real or logical, people! It's all fake! Comparing it with real facts won't do any good!

Edit: Okay, I am the stupidest human being to ever live.
I completely forgot that some forms of logic can be used as inspiration for rules in a fantasy realm.

bill

Quote from: Psychogirl on June 20, 2007, 05:32:38 PM
I, for one, don't care about the catgirls (they can burst into flames for all I care).

But dragging the topic of real physics (or ANYTHING realistic and logical for the matter) into a discussion of a fantasy comic just makes me sick.  'A'

I mean, fantasy is not supposed to be real or logical, people! It's all fake! Comparing it with real facts won't do any good!
You deserve a brownie point for this post.

Kryptic

Pfff. Catgirls. They got nothing on us Dog-Girls. Yup.

Everytime you kill a Catgirl, a Canine-Girl gets her rabies tag.

Uh-huh.

But in order to justify this post, I'll point something out. We already know that Lorenda can't fly under normal circumstances (772)

But da Fae Kingdom is far from normal.

Tapewolf

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Magic_Goes_Away

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Kryptic on June 20, 2007, 06:06:28 PM
But in order to justify this post, I'll point something out. We already know that Lorenda can't fly under normal circumstances (772)

Heh. Put her in a catapult, I'm sure she'd fly.

At least for a little while. Mwahahahaha :-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Aleolus

Apparently no one else seems to think that the green guy holding up the "sky" looks like Mikey pulling a cameo.  That saddens me.

techmaster-glitch

that's because, to us, it doesn't look enough like Mikey.

Aridas

It's not much like him at all, in fact. He's not even a fae.

Whitemagebishieboy

Physics != logic.
Logic means that things are internally consistent.
Logic has to apply or there won't be much of a story, physics has no place since it's another world and hence can have whatever rules it's creator decrees.

Faerie Alex

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on June 20, 2007, 07:08:02 PM
Quote from: Kryptic on June 20, 2007, 06:06:28 PM

Heh. Put her in a catapult, I'm sure she'd fly.

At least for a little while. Mwahahahaha :-]
That's not flying, that's falling...with style.
Jeez I need to update this thing.

Naldru

Quote from: Whitemagebishieboy on June 20, 2007, 09:43:25 PM

Physics != logic.
Logic means that things are internally consistent.
Logic has to apply or there won't be much of a story, physics has no place since it's another world and hence can have whatever rules it's creator decrees.
May I say bravo.  Logic enables you to determine implications of postulates and assumptions, and these include the rules governing reality.  It would be illogical to apply logic to the DMFA universe based on the postulates and assumptions that would be appropriate to our universe, since those postulates and assumptions would not necessarily be applicable to the DMFA universe.

What's logical in the DMFA universe is what Amber says is logical.

Descartes came up with the statement "I think, therefore I am".  Therefore, I know I exist and you know you exist, but I don't know that you exist and you don't know that I exist.  Or as stated by Sergeant Schultz from Hogan's Heroes: "I know nothing.  nothing!"
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

kaskar

:mowmeep How much real logic would be needed to make a "patch" to help Jyrras in this situation ? Practically nil, I feel . In the fae land , full of fae power, logic and fae do not really mix consistently . Of course, this could just be a patch in the plot to make it run faster ...

Ralanost

In a world with magic, if you say magic is involved, it is logical.

kaskar

Quote from: Ralanost on June 21, 2007, 04:10:54 AM

8) logic and magic compatibilty in a magic world, should be fun ...

:rolleyes Logic and compatibility in the real world is another matter ...

Damaris

Quote from: kaskar on June 21, 2007, 05:58:22 AM
Quote from: Ralanost on June 21, 2007, 04:10:54 AM

8) logic and magic compatibilty in a magic world, should be fun ...

:rolleyes Logic and compatibility in the real world is another matter ...

You never make any sense.  Sometimes I feel you string together random words in a fashion that sounds like they might go together just so you can post them.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber