Oh lawd, is that some drink reviews?

Started by Jim Halisstrad, June 13, 2007, 01:58:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rabid_fox

It's very "1001 Science Experiments To Do In Your House" where 999 of them don't work, one of them gives you a disapponting sugar crystal on a piece of string but one of them creates a moment of sheer transcendant joy when you realise that mixing bleach with shampoo really IS cool.

Oh dear.

Netrogo

I prefer Pepsi over Coke. I grew up on it.
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

bill

Aisha deCabre

I haven't tried the other ones...but my personal opinion on Vault:  It's not that bad a drink at least according to taste, it's like a strong Mountain Dew-y kind of thing...it's hard to describe.  And caffeine doesn't do much to me really except go right through, which is quite annoying.  >.>  But I grew up with Mountain Dew.  Code Red is the best thing to happen to it...but my liking for the new flavors stops there.

My brother swears by Vault though.  He's got ADD, and the thing is, it's supposed to be an energy drink?  It has the opposite effect on him...calms him down.  He always must have his vault.   :rolleyes

As for the whole Pepsi Vs. Coke debate...I've said it before and I'll say it again, Dr. Pepper beats them all.   :3

'Course there's nothing better often than just good old water.   :P  *Gets pelted with hundreds of soda cans.*
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Feroluce

I have to say that, when I went to the US recently, the coke immediately tasted like crap. I dunno what it is, the coke here tastes just fine, but US coke was aweful. the Pepsi in the US tasted alot better then the Pepsi here tho.

in the meantime, Im back on Coke.

superluser

Quote from: Feroluce on June 16, 2007, 01:12:39 AMI have to say that, when I went to the US recently, the coke immediately tasted like crap. I dunno what it is, the coke here tastes just fine, but US coke was aweful. the Pepsi in the US tasted alot better then the Pepsi here tho.

I mentioned this in another thread.  Due to corn subsidies and import tariffs on sugar in the US, high fructose corn syrup is cheaper than real sugar, so they use that instead.  Yes, it makes it taste like crap.

By the way, for those who want to taste real Coke, wait until right around Passover (that's early spring, close to Easter).  Corn is not Kosher for Passover, so the bottling companies make special Kosher Coke with real sugar for Passover.  It usually comes with a yellow cap with the OU-P symbol (Kosher for Passover certified by the Orthodox Union) on it.

It's definitely better.  How much better?  A little, IMO.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Brunhidden

All of the sudden i doubled in size, am able to break bricks with my skull, and flowers allow me to shoot fire from my hands. this energy drink ROCKS!

QuoteIs it healthy? of course it is, its a salad.
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

bill

Additionally, if you live in the South, it's likely possible to get Mexican Coca-Cola, which is made with sugar.

Netrogo

One day I wanna go around the world. Buy a Pepsi and a Coke from every country I go to. Then drink them all when I get home.

Brunhidden

Quote from: Netrogo on June 16, 2007, 09:44:00 AM
One day I wanna go around the world. Buy a Pepsi and a Coke from every country I go to. Then drink them all when I get home.

I would actually suggest trying that with Kitkat bars. Its the most popular candy bar on the planet because they actually have special bars for most major countries. I do not like the english one at all for some reason.

QuoteEvery day and in every way we find a new style to be the same

Jim Halisstrad

Whoop Ass was sold around here for like.... a week.

I never had the chance to buy a can :<

Netrogo

Oh god, when that came out in my town every idiot that could started buying it up. You'd see them randomly going 'I'm gonna open a can a whoop ass on you! *k-tssssh, glug glug glug*

mabfan55

Red Bull gets me from one day to the next on many work days.
I can not really review its taste it usually goes down on the first gulp! :rolleyes
:mowhappy

bill

God, you just made the 2-week necromancy limit.

I hate you.

Saist

it's okay Bill. just feed him some of that LowCard Monster Energy drink.

(or we can just edit your sig to say "Ah Hate You")

mabfan55

Just wondering.. Is this tread only for .....Soft Drinks ?
:mowwink

Anyone ever try Iron-bru ? Great soft drink.

Brunhidden

I recommend Catapult Coffee, Dragon Roast. for people who don't feel like blinking much with an interesting yet gentle taste.

more caffeinated beverages should be named after siege equipment.

QuoteA man is like a fraction whose numerator is what he is and whose denominator is what he thinks of himself. The larger the denominator the smaller the fraction.