Villain's League (OOC) - Open

Started by Miaka, June 10, 2007, 09:23:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miaka

So, I was just reading through one of the few, if only, RP's I've joined on this board(The conference for the elimination of superman. >>) And the idea occurred to me for something similar...

Villains have always seemed to act on their own- their plans all seem to have the same goal, but the means differ enough to keep them separated, and thus weaker.
Now, who's to say these power-hungry maniacs couldn't form and alliance of some sort? Make their goal all the closer?

That's what I'm asking all of you today... Who would get up and join me to eliminate the so-called "forces of good" and give us a chance for victory?

character skeleton:
Name:
Race/Species:
Type:
Organization:(otional. I know I can't think of anything >>)
Motto:
--
Appearance:
--
Notes:
--
Behaviour:
--
Specialties:
--
Motivations:
--
Flaws:

Include any close minions/sidekicks your character may or may not have.

ITOS

Quote from: Miaka on June 10, 2007, 09:23:09 AM
Now, who's to say these power-hungry maniacs couldn't form and alliance of some sort? Make their goal all the closer?

I think you have the reason right there. If you form an organisation for global domination and have all powerhungry villains in it you would without doubt get internal powerstruggles.

Having the people in the RP fight for a common goal but at the same time try to backstab each other would be intresting. >:3
This generic comment was brought to you by:

Angel

I am SO there. My villains need more plot anyway.
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Miaka

Quote from: ITOS on June 10, 2007, 09:32:56 AM
Quote from: Miaka on June 10, 2007, 09:23:09 AM

I think you have the reason right there. If you form an organisation for global domination and have all powerhungry villains in it you would without doubt get internal powerstruggles.

Having the people in the RP fight for a common goal but at the same time try to backstab each other would be intresting. >:3
It's true. ^^;;

But, y'know... who's to say they couldn't be rational in their power-hungry...

nevermind, that's crazy talk.

Boog

I'm with Black, my villains would benefit this too. Now I just have to pick one...

A few questions though; what sort of world does this take place in and what's the official stance on minions?

llearch n'n'daCorna

... Are you looking for any (god-moding) loyal opposition? ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Stygian

I'm evil. Does that mean that I am free to join if I wish? >:3

Arcalane

Hmmmm... sounds fun. I have just the villain[ess] in mind.  :mwaha

EDIT: I've been using a fairly standard name/gender/age/race-species/type for the main details, like so;

Name: Sheridanna (Surname Unknown)
Race/Species: Anthromorphic Feline
Type: Mastermind

Then appearance, notes, behaviour...

Then onto the real fun; Specialities, Motivations and Flaws. >:3

Boog

Quote from: Stygian on June 10, 2007, 05:26:12 PM
Yes, but are you a villain? Lets see your degree, Styggy.

Stygian

Quote from: Boogeyman on June 10, 2007, 05:49:28 PM
Quote from: Stygian on June 10, 2007, 05:26:12 PM
Yes, but are you a villain? Lets see your degree, Styggy.

[raises eyebrow]

I think you've mistaken who you're talking to here? Maybe I should just hold you out a window from the 20th floor until you behave.

Boog

Well, villainy is a tough business and not everyone qualifies for a liscance. I mean yes, you've got the eyebrow and the catchphrases down pat, but where are your minions? Your death rays? How many cities do you hold hostage in a year, young women tied to train tracks, those sorts of things?

Angel

Quote from: Boogeyman on June 10, 2007, 06:57:46 PM
Well, villainy is a tough business and not everyone qualifies for a liscance. I mean yes, you've got the eyebrow and the catchphrases down pat, but where are your minions? Your death rays? How many cities do you hold hostage in a year, young women tied to train tracks, those sorts of things?

Hmm. I'm not usually very evil, but I know I can be. I mean, I laugh when I'm reading Hellsing. (Specifically, when Alu-sama and Anderson fight.) Any pointers? Styg? Boogey? My guys could use the tips!

And to think, just yesterday I was thinking up teachers for a fanfiction I'm doing called "Evil Night School." This should be fun...   :bat
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Stygian

Holding hostages is for pussies or people who want attention, and tying young women to train tracks makes no sense whatsoever. I take money, kill people for it, and then possibly kill the one who gave me the money in the first place for being jackasses, or because I took money from someone to do it. And then I take jobs on the side; a bit of blackmail, aiding illegal research, funding insurgencies... But that's not to keep the economy up. Death rays? Pssssh. Try watching Alien a few more times, and less of James Bond.

Also, if you're going to take inspiration from Hellsing, Black_angel... then don't. Really. Alucard is just destructive and haphazard. He's a thrillseeker, not a villain. Father Anderson however... :veryevil

Boog

*Shrugs* Hey, I hear ya, but if you wanna get taken seriously in the biz these days you gotta make a performance out of it. The general opinion nowadays is that any thug can kill. Besides, attention has its uses.

As for pointers, Black, if you like Alucard a thug-type is probably exactly what you should go for; usually a lone operator, and doesn't have to worry about attracting too much attention with their methods because they're essentially a lone nut or a hired gun. Mebbe throw in some interesting flavor of anger issues or flat out crazy to keep them motivated in the whole "break things" objective. In a league of villains, that sort of character is typically the field operative, and while they may have less input than the masterminds they have a good deal of weight to throw around in the decision making process if used wisely.

techmaster-glitch

I don't really play the "evil" character, I'm often good, or more often neutral. But...

Quote from: ITOS on June 10, 2007, 09:32:56 AM

ITOS makes a good point. I agree, and can't wait until the RP actually starts so I can read it, as you people try to pretend to be all jack and friendly, while plotting, and thwarting, each others deaths and death plans.  >:3 >:3 >:3 That will be very entertaining.

Miaka

Only reason I've got a villainous characetr is that half-assed webcomic I failed at.
My friends decided that I was a wonderful evil mastermind, and should be the arch nemesis for some superhero... who ended up being a friend of mine, Guilia(Pillow Girl!) The webcomic failed because I'm lazy, but I ended up with these great characters that I really can't use anywhere else...

And yes, Llearch, this wouldn't be any fun without the opposition.

Arcalane

Quote from: Boogeyman on June 10, 2007, 06:57:46 PMBut where are your minions?

Strategically positioned so they can get the best vantage point to cover me and shoot you, should you make any sudden moves.

Quote from: Boogeyman on June 10, 2007, 06:57:46 PMYour death rays?

Aimed at you!

Quote from: Boogeyman on June 10, 2007, 06:57:46 PMHow many cities do you hold hostage in a year, young women tied to train tracks, those sorts of things?

1) Maybe one or two, depends.
2) Too much effort. I just toss 'em in the impact stress-tester. The crunches and screams are kinda fun!

>:3

TheGreyRonin

Tempting, very tempting. Perhaps a bit more information is in order, though.

I happen to have a few villains lying around doing nothing, and it would be interesting to use them a bit.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Stygian on June 10, 2007, 06:53:55 PM

Maybe I should just hold you out a window from the 20th floor until you behave.

... and then let him go?

ITOS

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on June 11, 2007, 06:25:22 AM

... and then let him go?

Do you mean "let him go" as in drop him or "let him go" as in let him walk away alive?
This generic comment was brought to you by:

llearch n'n'daCorna

Arcalane

Quote from: ITOS on June 11, 2007, 08:25:07 AM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on June 11, 2007, 06:25:22 AM

... and then let him go?

Do you mean "let him go" as in drop him or "let him go" as in let him walk away alive?

Depends... if it's toon physics, they might live, but not walk away. :U

Angel

Quote from: Stygian on June 10, 2007, 08:19:46 PM
Holding hostages is for pussies or people who want attention, and tying young women to train tracks makes no sense whatsoever. I take money, kill people for it, and then possibly kill the one who gave me the money in the first place for being jackasses, or because I took money from someone to do it. And then I take jobs on the side; a bit of blackmail, aiding illegal research, funding insurgencies... But that's not to keep the economy up. Death rays? Pssssh. Try watching Alien a few more times, and less of James Bond.

Also, if you're going to take inspiration from Hellsing, Black_angel... then don't. Really. Alucard is just destructive and haphazard. He's a thrillseeker, not a villain. Father Anderson however... :veryevil

Ka-DUH. Any fool could tell you Alucard's not a villain. But he's not a good guy either. The way I see it is that he gets (ahem) creative with very basic instructions. Integra says "kill", he hears "Break your opponent mentally and physically, then feast off their dead body and rip away any last shred of dignity they had."

Anderson is clearly the villain; he thinks he's doing the right thing, he murders without a second thought, and he can't even control himself when he's just trying to deliver a message. He's a different spin on a classic villain template, but then aren't we all?

Oddly enough though, I don't intend to base my villain off of Hellsing. The guy I'm thinking of using acts more like Hannibal Lecter, but since he's half-demon and has a good-guy younger brother, I'm afraid he'll get yelled at for being too Sesshy-like. (I wasn't thinking of Inuyasha at the time I drew him, but the similarity hit me later.)
BANDWAGON JUMP!

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Black_angel on June 11, 2007, 12:49:47 PM
Ka-DUH. Any fool could tell you Alucard's not a villain. But he's not a good guy either. The way I see it is that he gets (ahem) creative with very basic instructions. Integra says "kill", he hears "Break your opponent mentally and physically, then feast off their dead body and rip away any last shred of dignity they had."

I'm not really sure if Integra has a problem with this or not.

Really, the whole Hellsing series is a classic example of quis custodiet ipsos custodes, really. That and becoming that which you are fighting...

Arcalane

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on June 11, 2007, 12:54:58 PMThat and becoming that which you are fighting...

Gazing into the abyss and whatnot? I always liked that quote.

lucas marcone

so when will this get started my croc would like to see the light of day again.

lucas marcone

hello im the croc. my specialty?..... IM A F***IN CROCODILE! jeezuz throw me a g** d*** bone here people!

oh before i forget this is my apprentice dile lass. yeah shes my age but shes new to the game.

Arcalane

There's an edit button. Use it. :rolleyes Your attitude also seems unnecessary, as if responding to a post that no longer exists.

--

Big post also. Finished profiling ze sinister kittyvillain, Sheridanna;

Name: Sheridanna (Surname Unknown)
Race/Species: Anthromorphic Feline
Type: Mastermind
Organization: S.M.A.S.H - Scientific Masterminds Associated with Soldiers for Hire.

Motto: In Omnia Paratus - "Ready for all things"

--

Appearance:
Sheridanna is fond of clothes that are more efficient for the job. Under her labcoat, she wears a pair of jeans and a simple long-sleeved white shirt. Being of similar body structure to humans, she wears a pair of titanium-capped, rubber-soled boots on her feet. Her fur is almost perfectly white and kept short - her hair is black and kept in a ponytail that's usually tucked down the neck of her labcoat. She keeps her claws short but sharp. Her tail is long with a rounded end, but not too thin (nor too thick), her ears triangular and perked up. Finally, her eyes are blue.

She's often seen wandering around with a clipboard and pen in hand when she's not busy plotting or sleeping.

She also keeps a loaded custom sidearm under her labcoat on her right hip at all times - remarkably similar to the FN Five-Seven, the pistol boasts high ammunition capacity (albeit low caliber) and relatively high rate of fire. She has spare magazines in the back pockets of her jeans and can reload quite fast.

--

Notes:
Sheridanna is not afraid to fight, and moves surprisingly fast. Those fighting her often find a foot firmly planted in their vital regions before they can attack, or bleeding from a slash across the face. She is skilled only in unarmed/improv combat - her skills with actual melee weapons are lacking, and she only knows how to handle pistols in terms of ranged weapons.

She's immune to catnip, and doesn't like mice because "They're too stringy."

--

Behaviour:
Sheridanna is no coward, but she knows the better part of valor and all that. She is cunning and underhanded - she does not hesitate to exploit weaknesses - but will only strike when the time is right. She also loves to flaunt her technological superiority in front of others, and is naturally very smug of this.

She has a fondness for lasers and impact stress test devices. Mostly due to the injuries these cause on those foolish enough to stumble into her lair. She does not, and will not, conduct biological research, be it genetic modification or biochemicals. She does do some chemical research, but nothing groundbreaking, except for her chemical lasers.

Sheridanna rarely gloats over captured foes, and simply disposes of them before they can become a threat. This makes her a major threat to stereotypical heroes. When she does gloat, it's often to show off her latest technological device, which she promptly unleashes on them at maximum effect. Which of course ends in their rather rapid demise - rather than just leaving them there long enough to wriggle free before the laser/etc. can kill them.

--

Specialties:
Technology - Sheridanna possesses highly advanced technology, and is one step ahead of the world in technological terms. Her bases are defended by all sorts of technological trickery. The downside is high power consumption, but she builds her devices to last.

Competancy - Sheridanna's minions are well-trained and well-armed, unlike most. The major drawback here is that there are not many of them, as they are not cheap. They are, however, extremely effective, and losses are rare.

--

Motivations:
Power - Like any 'good' villain(ess), Sheridanna desires power and control over all others. This is part of her feline heritage, unsurprisingly, and is one of the driving forces behind her plan for world domination.

SCIENCE! - Sheridanna wishes to have the world's scientific resources at her disposal in the search for scientific knowledge. She believes that rapid scientific development is the only way forward.

--

Flaws:
Independance - Sheridanna is very independant and somewhat paranoid. She rarely trusts others to carry out her bidding. She only calls for assistance when it is direly necessary.

You Are Expendable - Sheridanna shows little regard for everyone other than herself, treating them as utterly disposable and expendable - with the exception of her minions.

--

Minions:
Langdon
Langdon is Sheridanna's second in command, and manages the security of her island lair. He also regularly inspects the guards and keeps them in fighting shape. Langdon is a wolf 'morph, somewhere in his 30s, and his weapon of choice is a fairly nasty looking automatic shotgun and a pair of semi-automatic handguns.

Soldier
The rank and file of Sheridanna's organization, these soldiers have strict orders to kill any uninvited guests, and will defend their owner to the death. Most are armed with advanced assault rifles (see below), and have a pistol and combat knife as backup. Similar to the police-soldiers of Equilibrium in dress and appearance (right down to the helmets, though the visors are completely black) the Soldiers are armed, dangerous, and extremely deadly. Do not underestimate them - even one poses a significant hazard. The race/species and gender of the soldiers varies, as only the finest are selected.

APR Mk 7
Designed by Sheridanna and some of her engineers, the APR Mk 7 (or Advanced Prototype Rifle, Mark 7) is one of Sheridanna's finest kinetic/hybrid weapons. Capable of penetrating most, if not all known body armours, the APR Mk 7's rounds shred infantry and light vehicles alike thanks to their microexplosive warhead. Whilst they're technically illegal they are extremely effective.

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: lucas marcone on June 24, 2007, 12:34:55 PM
so when will this get started my croc would like to see the light of day again.
Yeah, this RP has a lot of potential, it would be sad to see it fall into obscurity and go to waste. I'm looking forward to reading the actuall IC.

Miaka

right, right, making threads and forgetting about them =/= good idea.

I'll get up a character skeleton(Based off Arcalane's, if you don't mind) in a moment, and after we've got a couple people, I'll start up the IC.