Is anyone still into digimon?

Started by crimson_wolf, May 26, 2007, 08:03:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crimson_wolf

Wow. I never thought i would see the digimon series again but i played one of the games and saw my old favorite character from the 3rd season and i was  driven to watch the 3rd season within the following week. It is official now that i have way to much spare time,but through it all i realized that digimon is a pretty good series so i just wanted to ask people,do you remember your favorite digimon?

My favorite is renamon from the 3rd season,yep thats right...another rena fan.

Kenji

Netami

If by Digimon you mean the first and second season, sans movies, plus the hand held tamagotchi-things, then yes, yes I am still into Digimon.

Zina

I forgot what he digivolved into.

Faerie Alex

It was fun, but it's not on at convenient times any more.

Quote from: Kenji on May 26, 2007, 08:05:06 PM

Can we get this as an emote? Please?
Jeez I need to update this thing.

bill

Zina

If it's illegal to be delicious, then yes. Very much so.

crimson_wolf

Quote from: Netami on May 26, 2007, 08:06:28 PM
If by Digimon you mean the first and second season, sans movies, plus the hand held tamagotchi-things, then yes, yes I am still into Digimon.

Anything to do with digimon that is used frequently will suffice. Crap now i want cinnamin...

Aridas

Quote from: Zina on May 26, 2007, 08:07:23 PM

Cinnamon is already digivolved though, it can't get any better D:

Eibborn

Adghaguh Digimon.
I'm a bit of a fanatic for Digimon Adventures. NOTHING ELSE. >:0 It died after first season, if you ask me.
Izzy is of course my favourite. :D
/kicks the internet over

crimson_wolf

Quote from: Eibbor_N on May 26, 2007, 08:18:39 PM
It died after first season, if you ask me.
The first season did have a generally good story-line but i usually don't mind the plot as long as they have the odd good episode.

Roureem Egas

It's been awhile since I've seen any of the seasons. The fifth season just isn't that spectacular, but the rest are good. I'd have to say my favorite would be Lobomon from Frontier, followed by Guilmon/Gallantmon from Tamers.

*continues searching for lost stuff*

Gabi

Gomamon! I like him. :D

The first and 2nd seasons were ok, though the ending of the 2nd season seemed quite unbelievable. I haven't watched any seasons beyond that.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Kenji

Quote from: Gabi on May 26, 2007, 08:22:38 PM

Gomamon! I like him. :D

The first and 2nd seasons were ok, though the ending of the 2nd season seemed quite unbelievable. I haven't watched any seasons beyond that.

Despite what most people say about the ending, even though I liked it... both those seasons had the best Digimon of all: Mr. Never-Freaking-Die-Talking-Crotch-of-Doom Myotismon.

crimson_wolf

They changed they're digimon items alot over the years at first it was just the digivice, then they made the digi-eggs, the third season tried cards and the fourth...i can't even really remember what they used...some kind of charm?

They're all watchable. I started wondering how many times myotismon was going to come back after his pitifull revival in the second season.

But seriously if digimon existed and i had one i could not just sit back and do the whole swipe card thing. I would get so friggen bored.

Btw has anyone heard from amber since she left for Anime north? I live in canada and u went there last year out of boredom and i'll tell you one thing broad swords are very helpfull when driving off anime sycos. Of course that was only for special occasions otherwise i hid in the shadows best i could

Caswin

My favorite from the first season was actually Wizardmon, with Gatomon in a close second.  Shame he had to go and die like that.

Then we met Renamon... honestly, who doesn't like Renamon?
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Kenji

Quote from: Caswin on May 26, 2007, 08:55:01 PM
My favorite from the first season was actually Wizardmon, with Gatomon in a close second.  Shame he had to go and die like that.

Dieing is half of what made Wizardmon so freaking cool. That and, well, just that he's so freaking cool.

I'm eagerly awaiting the four new Digimon games coming out this year. I'm a sucker for those, really. Except Digimon World 2 and 4. Both had promise, but made such huge mistakes in gameplay.

crimson_wolf

Quote from: Caswin on May 26, 2007, 08:55:01 PM
Then we met Renamon... honestly, who doesn't like Renamon?

Actually you'd be surprised...unless you already know.

I tell you one thing that rika chick was such a bitch i almost wish i could go there and tweak on her.

RJ

RJ likes Tapirmon... the little cutie.

Netami

My favorite from the show was Mojimon, and whatever Izzy's digimon later turned into. It was a bug, I think?

From the original hand-held tamagotchi, I just liked the little white blob monster. The writing fell apart very fast after the second season, much like Pokemon after ash failed the final four, yet continued to go on anyways.

Xuzaf D

Quote from: Zina on May 26, 2007, 08:07:23 PM

I think it turns into that thing trying to sell me breakfast cereal. You know the one...

Aridas

Netami

I miss those other guys. Making the old man more cartoony did not make me want to eat their cereal.

And I can see why kids love the cinnamon taste of cinnamon toast crunch: It's fucking sugary.

Valynth

I still say he killed them off for solo-mascot money and made a pact with the devil to do so.  I theorize then that after he killed his former co-works the devil imprisoned him into the boxes.  And thus he never again appeared in a commercial.
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Zedd

Well I wrote a shortstory about the baker man...Kinda silly..Did it in the 6th grade. Those stories you write it and the teacher contuines it type of thing..It was fun. Anyhow...I loved so much when it got to the point where we see more the digimon...Yet my fandom died for it when it came around the current season thats dude to come out soon..Why make digivices look like Ipods??

Eibborn

Quote from: Netami on May 26, 2007, 10:37:12 PM
My favorite from the show was Mojimon, and whatever Izzy's digimon later turned into. It was a bug, I think?
iked the l
That, sir, would be Tentomon, Kabuterimon, and then Megakabuterimon.

Tentomon was the ladybug-like one who accompanied Izzy throughout most of the series. Kabuterimon was blue and always looked sorta gangly to me. And then Megakabuterimon was... well, huge and red and AWESOME.
Megakabuterimon has always been my favourite, because how can you say no to a giant freaking rocket-powered bug?
/kicks the internet over

crimson_wolf

The final little council from the first series was so amusing the...digimon masters or something but they were so dumb like seriously, kill the kids first then beat on the digimon while they can't transform.

Apocarimon got close but the digi-destined or whatever they were cheated.

Sunblink

Digimon? Ohmyjumpingjesusonapogostick I LOVED Digimon. Especially the second and third seasons. Veemon (glee!) and Renamon fans unite, baby.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

crimson_wolf

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on May 27, 2007, 12:23:30 PM
Digimon? Ohmyjumpingjesusonapogostick I LOVED Digimon. Especially the second and third seasons. Veemon (glee!) and Renamon fans unite, baby.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Ok,then...Well i take it your the go-to person if i have any qwestions about digimon.
I only know bits and pieces of the story and such.

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on May 27, 2007, 12:23:30 PMVeemon (glee!) and Renamon fans unite, baby.

Hell yea. :mowhappy

Kenji

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on May 27, 2007, 12:23:30 PM

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Third season wasn't so good. Except Taomon and Beelzemon. Otherwise, the only cool parts, really, were when the kids digivolved with the digimon.

Still... Beelzemon using Fist of the Best King was great. :3