Important news from Amber

Started by Netrogo, May 26, 2007, 12:54:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Netami

Quote from: Wildrows on May 26, 2007, 11:04:12 PM
Quote from: BillBuckner on May 26, 2007, 07:45:51 PM
Even more noobs, I can't keep up!  :U
Pfft, I've been here lurking for ages and you just didn't notice! >:3

Wildrows predates even me, and I've been a pain in your collective asses for years now. Coincidentally, we met before this forum on a different game and found we both loved/hated DMFA!

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Wildrows on May 26, 2007, 07:45:21 PM
I just realized how much larger this con is when you're semi-actively looking for someone. Of course, having a swollen ankle from a recent pool related hopefully not chlorine infect injury doesn't help. Oh well. I'm having fun regardless. :)

Uh. Chlorine in swimming pools doesn't infect, it disinfects. That's why they put it in there.

If you've got an infection, it's not from the chlorine - if nothing else, chlorine is an element, not a bacteria.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Naldru

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 27, 2007, 07:01:36 AM
Quote from: Wildrows on May 26, 2007, 07:45:21 PM
I just realized how much larger this con is when you're semi-actively looking for someone. Of course, having a swollen ankle from a recent pool related hopefully not chlorine infect injury doesn't help. Oh well. I'm having fun regardless. :)

Uh. Chlorine in swimming pools doesn't infect, it disinfects. That's why they put it in there.

If you've got an infection, it's not from the chlorine - if nothing else, chlorine is an element, not a bacteria.
However, chlorine can be an irritant, and some people aren't clear on the difference.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Naldru

Quote from: superluser on May 27, 2007, 12:20:28 AM
Quote from: Naldru on May 26, 2007, 07:34:01 PMI do remember one time at a convention in St. Louis when I told my daughter that Ted Raimi was downstairs giving autographs.  I had never seen her get out of bed and get dressed so quickly.

You have an awesome daughter.  Outside of geek fandom, few people in the world even know who Ted Raimi is.
Of course, I agree with your statement.  But I should also note that this was a few years ago, and she was a big fan of the character Joxur on Xena, Warrior Princess.

I guess it's an age related item.  Some people see Tom Baker and say "Doctor Who", some say "Puddleglum", and some just say "Who?".

By the way, Ted Raimi is a very nice person, ranking right up there with Jimmy Doohan in terms of fan friendliness.  Of course, being an old codger, I remember Jimmy Doohan from when he was in good health.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Netrogo

I have returned from the con. I presented Amber with a print out of all the responses, gave her a couple hugs, and a couple of chocolate chip cookies :mowcookie. I also gave her a fuzzy purple hat we had kicking around the house :mowhappy So if any of you show up for the con today, just keep your eyes peeled for a very fuzzy purple hat that looks kinda like a top hat.
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

RJ

Quote from: Netrogo on May 27, 2007, 09:26:52 AM
So if any of you show up for the con today, just keep your eyes peeled for a very fuzzy purple hat that looks kinda like a top hat.

>_> Funnily enough, I have one of those too.

Miaka

Quote from: Netami on May 27, 2007, 02:25:39 AM
Quote from: Wildrows on May 26, 2007, 11:04:12 PM
Quote from: BillBuckner on May 26, 2007, 07:45:51 PM
Even more noobs, I can't keep up!  :U
Pfft, I've been here lurking for ages and you just didn't notice! >:3

Wildrows predates even me, and I've been a pain in your collective asses for years now. Coincidentally, we met before this forum on a different game and found we both loved/hated DMFA!
Rather off-topic and just be being a pain, it's hardly been "Years", dude...
considering that I wouldn't say I've been here "years" and I remember you being a newbie.

I hope everyone who went enjoyed the con, and I'm going to demand pictures eventually, once I stop being lazy. >>

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Netami on May 27, 2007, 02:25:39 AM
... and I've been a pain in your collective asses for years now.

I wasn't going to dignify this with a response, but what the hey.

I think you overrate the pain you are, I really do...

bill

I've been a member for a year, and I'm somehow an admin.  :U

llearch n'n'daCorna

-You-, on the other hand... ;-]

Netami

If I haven't been here for "years" then just when do you suppose I showed up? Mid 2006?  :giggle

Age doesn't dignify anyone, I just think your sense of time is messed up.

Wildrows

Quote from: BillBuckner on May 26, 2007, 11:05:13 PM
QuoteDate Registered:     May 23, 2007, 04:45:51 PM

O RLY?
ffff.. Reg date hardly counts as an argument. I only felt the need to post recently due to the whole AN jazz, and that requires registering!

That said, I steered this off-topic enough unintentionally, and for that I apologize.  :<

bill

Quote from: Wildrows on May 27, 2007, 10:13:00 PM
Quote from: BillBuckner on May 26, 2007, 11:05:13 PM
QuoteDate Registered:     May 23, 2007, 04:45:51 PM

O RLY?
ffff.. Reg date hardly counts as an argument. I only felt the need to post recently due to the whole AN jazz, and that requires registering!

That said, I steered this off-topic enough unintentionally, and for that I apologize.  :<
I accept. Now give me money for no reason.

Amber Williams

BWaaaaargh.  I have returned!

And now I shall die until Tuesday.  *cough*

Kenji

We expect to see you back to your evil schemes then, then. We shan't accept tardiness. :3

superluser

Quote from: Amber Williams on May 27, 2007, 11:39:14 PMI have returned!

And now I shall die until Tuesday.

Yay!  She is returned!  I'm curious as to how everything went, but I have a sneaking suspicion that if I bug Amber when she's in con recovery mode, I'll wind up with a horse head in my bed.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

thegayhare

well so ong asI can have the rest of the horse

RJ

Yayz, Amber. Did you bring us back any photos to lol over?

Wildrows

Quote from: Amber Williams on May 27, 2007, 11:39:14 PM

I know how that is. I can't feel my legs! :crying
Wish I coulda ran into you, Amber. Wasn't in the cards I guess.

Netrogo

Glad to see you made it home safely Amber. Wish we coulda ran into you on Sunday as well but we spent the whole day showing our friends from NZ around downtown followed by lots of pirates.

Swift-Skink

Good to see she's back, and wasn't held captive by cosplayers for too long. :P

Quote from: Netrogo on May 28, 2007, 01:06:23 AM
Glad to see you made it home safely Amber. Wish we coulda ran into you on Sunday as well but we spent the whole day showing our friends from NZ around downtown followed by lots of pirates.

You should show them bear's. New Zealander's love bear's. It's probably because the most dangerous thing in our forest's are the possums. :mwaha

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Ellyriun on May 28, 2007, 03:15:57 AM
You should show them bear's. New Zealander's love bear's. It's probably because the most dangerous thing in our forest's are the possums. :mwaha

... That and the folks hunting them...

Valynth

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 28, 2007, 05:07:05 AM
... That and the folks hunting them...

Oh thats right, you're hosting Cheney aren't you?  You have my sympathy
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

llearch n'n'daCorna

Netrogo

A buddy of mine saved all the pics that my one friend took at the con, so when he get's home from work he's gonna email them to me and I'll post them all up for all to see.

Valynth

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 28, 2007, 03:48:33 PM
Are we? Whatever for?

Short story:  Dick Cheney went hunting.  Acidentally shot one of his best friends.(hence people who hunt=dangerous)

I have no idea where he really is, and thus it was a poorly concieved joke anyway.

Also, yay pictures to mock-er  I mean "look at politely"
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Turnsky

Quote from: Amber Williams on May 27, 2007, 11:39:14 PM
BWaaaaargh.  I have returned!

you sound like you got as much sleep as i did for the past week... close to nada =p

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Valynth on May 29, 2007, 03:01:51 AM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 28, 2007, 03:48:33 PM
Are we? Whatever for?

Short story:  Dick Cheney went hunting.  Acidentally shot one of his best friends.(hence people who hunt=dangerous)

I have no idea where he really is, and thus it was a poorly concieved joke anyway.

I knew he shot someone, and then got away with nothing, which was... interesting.

I hope he's not in NZ. I can see a lot of possum hunters taking up the challenge, given the general low opinion of American politicians in the population of NZ...

Aridas

But... Didn't he shoot the guy in the face, at a place where you're just supposed to stand there and shoot at stuff that's right out in the open, hunting things that are down on the ground?

Akisohida

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on May 29, 2007, 04:45:47 AM
But... Didn't he shoot the guy in the face, at a place where you're just supposed to stand there and shoot at stuff that's right out in the open, hunting things that are down on the ground?
He was quail hunting and shot his friend in the face, and Dick is here in the US. It IS odd that he would shoot a bird that runs and end up plugging his buddy in the head but when you are old, you don't need an excuse for really improbable accedents.

Edit: And welcome back, Amber!
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.