New TV :3

Started by xHaZxMaTx, May 23, 2007, 12:20:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xHaZxMaTx

Sony Bravia 46" LCD HDTV 720p (1360x768)

But I don't use it to watch TV. >:3

That's all, just bragging. ;)

Brunhidden

i dont use my TV to watch TV either. but thats because i have neither antenna or cable, and i doubt its life expectancy because it was dropped on its screen quite heavily a while back.

why dont they make computer screens this size for regular purchase? some day i hope to have a computer with a whole wall as its screen...

QuoteThere is no such thing as overkill, only 'fire' and 'reload'
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

RJ

I use my computer to watch tv, but I don't get channel 9 so I miss out on all the cool cop shows. :(

Cvstos

Actually, you could use an HDTV like that quite easily.  There are a few options.

1) If the TV has a DVI or VGA port, there you go.

2) If not, it likely has HDMI. Some new graphics cards have HDMI and will work.  Or, just get an HDMI->DVI adapter (super-cheap, the HDMI's video signal is basically the same as DVI) and use that. 

And you're done!
"The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them." - Albert Einstein

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." -Albert Einstein

Brunhidden

Wall projectors rule, the only downside is you cant use that wall for anything else...they burn out thier bulbs pretty quick dont they?

QuoteAnimation can explain whatever the mind of man can conceive.

Cvstos

yeah, plus they're EXPENSIVE.  Projectors are for people with lots of disposable income. 
"The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them." - Albert Einstein

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." -Albert Einstein

superluser

Quote from: Cvstos on May 23, 2007, 01:04:04 AMyeah, plus they're EXPENSIVE.  Projectors are for people with lots of disposable income.

There are instructions for making a homebrew for a couple hundred out there.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Fuyudenki

Quote from: xHaZxMaTx on May 23, 2007, 12:20:37 AM
But I don't use it to watch TV. >:3

Honestly, who does?  A Television is a monitor for displaying video games and DVD videos.

Brunhidden

i had no idea a projector was that expensive, someone i knew had one for 300 dollars and turned the basement into one giant PS2.

QuoteMy eyes bleed with the awesomeness

Aridas

TVs aren't that good in general as PC monitors... All TVs seem to have this thing where they're totally afraid to be high res. I figured that problem would be over with LCDs and plasma, but they don't have the dots for it either. until I get a TV that can handle 1280x1024, I wouldn't get any for that purpose, haz >.>

Fuyudenki

My TV pulls 1280x760 pretty well.  50 inches of gaming goodness!

Unfortunately, it's an entire floor away from my computer, usually, and actually owned by my dad, who dislikes having video games hooked up to the TV.

Zedd

As soon he's done with that "TV" of his...He's gonna put me and my cousin Frank to shame

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Brunhidden da Muse on May 23, 2007, 12:39:28 AM
QuoteThere is no such thing as overkill, only 'fire' and 'reload'

QuoteThere is no such thing as overkill, only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'

From "Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates", a fictional book created within, and by the author of, the webcomic Schlock Mercenary.

Just because it's important to get the quotes right :)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

ITOS

I prefere: There is no such thing as overkill, only different levels of pwnage. >:3

More on topic: I like the commercials for Bravia.
This generic comment was brought to you by:

Ryudo Lee

But will it run Linux?

Thanks to Taski & Silverfoxr for the artwork!

Brunhidden

anyone ever wonder how big TVs and monitors will be when were old? i mean, i remember back when a 'big screen' tv would cost a fortune, and now you can get one for less then 500 bucks if you shop right. the price of technology is steadily plummeting while our desire for better digital experiences is rising.

then again by the time TVs get too big we may have advanced to the point you install a holographic projector and your whole living room becomes a TV at a moments notice

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 23, 2007, 05:12:19 AM
From "Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates", a fictional book created within, and by the author of, the webcomic Schlock Mercenary.

Just because it's important to get the quotes right :)

I for one think its impressive how i am able to pull so many of theese out of my tuckus on a moments notice.

and you never guessed where most of my other ones come from so i doubt you know if i got any of them right.

QuoteOne who acts thus is no leader of men, no present help to his sovereign, no master of victory.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Brunhidden da Muse on May 23, 2007, 12:19:11 PM
I for one think its impressive how i am able to pull so many of theese out of my tuckus on a moments notice.

Astoundingly so.

Quote from: Brunhidden da Muse on May 23, 2007, 12:19:11 PM
and you never guessed where most of my other ones come from so i doubt you know if i got any of them right.

Okay, you got me there. I just happen to like -that- quote, and wanted it -right-. Feel free to pick another quote to make fun of me with. :-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Brunhidden

keep an eye out for quotes from walt disney, Adolf hitler, Albert einstien, Joseph stallin, sun tzu, Nikolai testla, larry niven, and some random people i dont even remember thier name

gee, its been forever sinse i did a terrry pratchett...

QuoteI was thinking of 'duh?' in the sense of 'a sentence containing several words more than three letters long, and possibly requiring general knowledge or a sense of history that extends past last Tuesday, has been used in my presense.'