2007-05-21 [788] So that's why the pattern kept changing

Started by superluser, May 21, 2007, 01:00:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turnsky

Quote from: superluser on May 21, 2007, 02:05:34 PM
Quote from: Turnsky on May 21, 2007, 12:47:47 PMremember that Fae only die when they choose to, i think they're pretty much immune to physical damage..

I certainly hope so.  There's an ancient Greek myth about a guy named Tithonus, whose wife asked Zeus to grant him the gift of eternal life, but forgot to ask for the gift of eternal youth.  In later years, he couldn't move his limbs.  The only thing he did do was beg for his death, which would never come.

immortality is its own curse. within time, the soul gets weary of being in the same shell, and yearns to go on the wheel of fate once more, to be born anew.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Eibborn

/kicks the internet over

Ralanost

Even though the coloration is a bit off, my vote is red panda so far.

Zina

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on May 21, 2007, 02:11:15 PM
Those totally do not look like amber's current parents. I wonder if it's normal for parents to change like that?

What current parents where?

Aridas

Whoops. I had an odd flashback to the time Amber went around as Mab... and ended up mixing the two. I am so awesome like that.

Zedd

I think I rember about Mabs folks back when the boys Pyro and Dan took Wildy on a date

MT Hazard

The only images we've seen of Mab's parents are from the unwilling and Abel arc when Mab and co are following the Red brick road to SAIA.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

nikename2

*slams hand against forehead* So THATS where it goes....heh, good thing they didn't take the yellow one.  :animesweat

SpottedKitty

Quote from: Xeksue on May 21, 2007, 12:52:02 PM
Yeah, they're probably only bothered by pain when they allow it to bother them. Otherwise it's probably just a minor annoyance.
Is anyone else reminded of Roy Castle's character in Carry On Up The Khyber? (One of the running gags — he spent about half the film with a spear in his back, whapping people when he turned round too quickly.)
ENGLISH: A language that lurks in dark alleys, beats up other languages
and rifles through their pockets for spare vocabulary.

Rambon

O.o...i have a feeling that nutmeg is a ferret... why? because... she looks more like one than wildy! [with exception of tail...]

Shadowcatcher

Quote from: Rambon on May 21, 2007, 05:59:40 PM
O.o...i have a feeling that nutmeg is a ferret... why? because... she looks more like one than wildy! [with exception of tail...]

Whatever she is, Nutmeg's incredibly cute.

superluser

Quote from: Shadowcatcher on May 21, 2007, 06:35:38 PMWhatever she is, Nutmeg's incredibly cute.

This is true.  That purple mask is really cute.  For some reason, she reminds me of Queen Elizabeth.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Faerie Alex

Here tail is just like Wildy's, only purplier (more purple)....but I guess neither is ferret-ish.

Perhaps Wildy is Nutmeg in disguise. :3
Jeez I need to update this thing.

Aisha deCabre

I'm going to go with the original thought that Nutmeg is a raccoon.  Shouldn't be so fooled with colors, perhaps, especially around Fae.  You have Mab right there after all, a feline who happens to be purple.   :rolleyes

I thought the shifting colors thing was trippy though.  There should be Fae who are like lava-lamp/mood rings for the heck of it.  :P
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Eibborn

Fun fact: There's a Warp Aci named 'Nutmeg' as well.
/kicks the internet over

Caswin

Quote from: Eibbor_N on May 21, 2007, 07:58:41 PM
S'wha?  Where'd that come from?
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Aleolus

Quote from: superluser on May 21, 2007, 01:00:14 AM
Why isn't Jyrras trying to run away from the awkward discussion?

I say abject terror has him rooted in place.

...Wow.  I hadn't thought that Mab would be that cruel to just leave a spear through Nutmeg's chest like that.  I think that's what it is, too.

Kasarn

Caswin

Quote from: Kasarn on May 21, 2007, 09:35:34 PM
Quote from: Caswin on May 21, 2007, 08:35:46 PM
http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_599.php
I-i-i-interesting...

There's mind-blowingly subtle link there, I'm sure of it... (Puppets, anyone?)
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Zina

bill

That is impossible. I think they are the same person.

Zina

Well, that just seems like a big enough of a stretch to be believable.
I'm going to go get pics and links to back up this claim. Expect an essay documenting my findings in a few hours.

Kenji

Don't forget to quote your sources properly. It better be MLA!

Damaris

I refuse to take it seriously unless it includes a pie chart.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Faerie Alex

Quote from: Caswin on May 21, 2007, 10:07:46 PM
Quote from: Kasarn on May 21, 2007, 09:35:34 PM
Quote from: Caswin on May 21, 2007, 08:35:46 PM
http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_599.php
I-i-i-interesting...

There's mind-blowingly subtle link there, I'm sure of it... (Puppets, anyone?)
Quote from: Amber Williams (but I'm paraphrasing)Nutmeg is a cool word.
This came up before, I don't remember the exact quote, but it was something to that effect.

Ouai

Are you sure? The warp-aci has just about the same color aura as Queen Nutmeg's fur. :shifty

Faerie Alex

Zina

Damaris

brilliant, I tell you.  You have revolutionized the speculation process.  I think you are definitely right.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

rt

:boggle I for one second jy's and lorenda's blank stare after reeding this comming

:boggle and a second one for the whole warp-aci-nutmeg-pie chart posts above