Person Above You (P.A.Y.) (slice 4)

Started by vulpesweasel, August 31, 2006, 04:43:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Think Tank

e_voyager is good at stating the obvious.

Rowne

Think Tank's a bit of an unknown, so I'm not entirely sure what to say about him.

Still, he does have a brain in a jar as his avatar and that distinctly reminds me of Mother-Brain and Metroid, mixed up with the 'vania' in his sig, one might surmise that he's a Metroidvania supporter, in which case he's provided with automatic cookies and good will.

e_voyager

Rowne's analytical mind strikes again leaving others in awe
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

llearch n'n'daCorna

e_voyager scares everyone with his perception again. :-)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Vidar

Learchy needs a flea-dip, and he should vacuum the house more often in order to get rid of his monkey-fleas.
\^.^/ \O.O/ \¬.¬/ \O.^/ \o.o/ \-.-/' \O.o/ \0.0/ \>.</

Aisha deCabre

The animated moogle-mow in Vidar's sig is hypnotizing...  :mowdizzy
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Aisha asked a question of me, and I can't remember what it was...

e_voyager

llearch  needs a pda... maybe i could install one in his arm if he'll let me.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Rowne

I'd say that e_voyager never runs out of things to say in this thread.  He's frequently unique and I respect that.

Considering all the raw data of this thread, I'd love to gather it all up and feed it, bit by bit, into a newly born MegaHAL.  That'd be a worthwhile effort, wouldn't it?

I could use it to kick out new P.A.Y. stuff so I wouldn't have to be original.  That'd help.

bill

Rowne is back in buisness, it seems.

Rowne

Bill continues to accumulate a postcount that's almost as big as mine!  Oh yes, soon he shall have leet posts.

...wait, what?  When did that happen?

----

Aww, it's gone again.

For a moment, I had:

And it was grand.

And I see why.  1337 posts, heh.

bill

Rowne had, but it was taken away. Blessed be the name of Clockwork.

Rowne

And hallowed be Mab's name.

Bill too, shall soon appreciate the fleeting glory that is the leetcount.

xHaZxMaTx

bill

Haz has a gangsta cookie. STRATE BALLIN, YO.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Bill missed a chance to comment on Haz's apparently inability to set his vcr clock.

Perhaps Haz is a woman? We shall never know, now...

... Genesis and Tool? What th hell are you smoking, Bill? :-)

bill

LnndC underestimates a well-diversified music collection. Note that well-diversified can exclude rap without penalty.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Bill underestimates my own collection of music.

My point was, however, that while diveristy is all well and good, one should be careful about what music one puts next to other music, for listening pleasure. Just as a basic point, KMFDM tends to record their tracks louder than, say, Simon and Garfunkel, so shifting from teh peaceful strains of Sounds Of Silence into Bullets, Bombs And Bigotry may cause permanent damage to one's eardrums... :-)

Rowne

Llearch frequently reminds me of Schrödinger's Box.  This is slightly disturbing but it's largely good, having quantum physics and Scientific theory rattling around in one's head that often can only be a good thing.

Except that in Llearch's case, it isn't a kitty that's being tested, it's a simian.

So I'm almost tempted to rename the whole thing to Llearch's Monkey, in honour of that.

Boog

Rowne brought up quantum physics in front of a mainly DMFA forumer audience. That takes skill *claps*

Rowne

Boogey's post side-text claims he's a creep but he's a nice old chap, really.  Don't worry, I realize you're the BoogeyCorp representative here, your secret is safe with me.

As for the joys of jolly old Schrö, I'd actually presented that particular theory before, albeit in a very obfuscated way.  I honestly didn't expect anyone to get it.  Llearch did.

bill

Rowne just said "obfuscated". That was on a vocab quiz I took today. And they say nobody uses those words...

Rowne

Bill is well aware then that much of the English language has been abrogated in favour of ease of use.

Shame really, it's fun having a good literary base of singularly whimsical words that aren't wholly dialectic to lingual standards.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Rowne probably deserves a thoroughgoing jugulation, decollation, and defenestration, more or less in that order, for the preceding sentence. Of course, widestanding applause would follow, without doubt.

One might spend many pleasant hours pondering such a achievement, while macerating in the bathroom.... :-)

e_voyager

llearch is a consist member of this thread appearing on more pages then even myself

Leafar

ev is awesome...and cool...he has a HUGE amount of posts... :S

bill

Rowne

Bill is as astonished as I am!

Admittedly, one can't see it under the mask but I'm certain he is.

Llearch: You have this amazing ability to make me laugh and cringe at the same time.

Macerating?  Macerating?!  Ew.  Decomposing old zombie in the bathroom, that's worse than not good, it's ungood.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Rowne hasn't studied his dictionary enough.

... either that or I've used the wrong word, but I'm pretty sure I got it right.

*checks* yup. not the primary meaning, but there is one there that fits.

3. To soften by steeping in a liquid, with or without heat;
        to wear away or separate the parts of by steeping; as, to
        macerate animal or vegetable fiber.
        [1913 Webster]

Leafar