Started by AndersW, May 15, 2007, 11:05:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndersW

So she likes going around naked.

Edit: added the date

Kenji

Matilda gains more cool points. |3

Fuyudenki

I was wondering what would cap the Furrae Fashion portion off.  If there's one thing I've learned about girls, it's that Dan should jump at the chance for a girl like Matilda.  Or run away.  Running away honestly sounds better to me.

nikename2

I don't know, Matilda is already an entreprenuer(I think thats how you spell it...), and she can breathe fire. Whats not to love?  :)

familyghost

Quote from: Xeksue on May 15, 2007, 11:33:23 PM
I don't know, Matilda is already an entreprenuer(I think thats how you spell it...), and she can breathe fire. Whats not to love?  :)

... Considering we know she walks around "naked" in her own opinion... 

There is everything to love.

superluser

Quote from: Fuyudenki on May 15, 2007, 11:30:10 PMIf there's one thing I've learned about girls, it's that Dan should jump at the chance for a girl like Matilda.  Or run away.  Running away honestly sounds better to me.

Agreed.  I still say Matilda has all the personality of an oak yacht.

Note for those who may be missing references: Oak Yacht is an anagram of Chakotay, whose wooden relationship with Seven of Nine ruined three other perfectly good relationships.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Fuyudenki

Voyeuristic girls freak me the **** out.  To be fair, not because of the voyeurism itself, but because that kind of thing never comes without tiny text and hidden costs.  I've concluded when you see the tiny text, it's usually best to be in a different area code.(and here in Colorado, area codes are HUGE!  Mine covers at least 3 cities.  I've only got to call long-distance if I'm calling a Denver number.)

Not to say that Matilda doesn't make a perfectly good friend.  It's always good to have rich friends.

familyghost

Quote from: superluser on May 15, 2007, 11:36:47 PM
Quote from: Fuyudenki on May 15, 2007, 11:30:10 PMIf there's one thing I've learned about girls, it's that Dan should jump at the chance for a girl like Matilda.  Or run away.  Running away honestly sounds better to me.

Note for those who may be missing references: Oak Yacht is an anagram of Chakotay, whose wooden relationship with Seven of Nine ruined three other perfectly good relationships.

OK... I'll give you Chakotay and Seven, but I think Matilida and Dan make a nice couple.  Besisdes Dan and Mab come across as more like eternal best friends with Mab having a crush on every third guy they meet.

Hawk

Ah, well, that's probably because we haven't really seen all that much of Matilda, yes?  She's been in two arcs and narrated Furrae Fashion, and never really said enough to actually get to know what she's like (or was just narrating), you know.  Talked about what she was selling and hit on Dan, talked about lunches and cubi and Jyrras and hit on Dan, and narrated.  Nothing we can really get to her from.

Amber Williams

It probably would be better if people realized Matilda is making a joke in the last panel, and isn't actually serious.

familyghost

Quote from: Amber Williams on May 15, 2007, 11:42:16 PM
It probably would be better if people realized Matilda is making a joke in the last panel, and isn't actually serious.

... Oh...

Ok that makes sense.   Of course now I have to rethink everything I've said so far...

Kenji

Oh sure, ruin the moment...

Friggin chain chomps... D:

Amber Williams

Swift-Skink

Quote from: Hawk on May 15, 2007, 11:41:19 PM

Ah, well, that's probably because we haven't really seen all that much of Matilda, yes?  She's been in two arcs and narrated Furrae Fashion, and never really said enough to actually get to know what she's like (or was just narrating), you know.  Talked about what she was selling and hit on Dan, talked about lunches and cubi and Jyrras and hit on Dan, and narrated.  Nothing we can really get to her from.

Well, we can be fairly assured that she at least has a rather outgoing personality. But I don't think that someone who is known to dance semi-naked on rooftops would have any problems with that...

Although, she does have the fairly noticible downside of not being an Amazon  :U

nikename2

Wait! She didn't really ruin it! Matilda never wears anything anyways! Its like when a Halo player realizes the word you is actually spelled with a y o u!  :U

superluser

Quote from: Amber Williams on May 15, 2007, 11:42:16 PMIt probably would be better if people realized Matilda is making a joke in the last panel, and isn't actually serious.

Bah.  There's nothing wrong with naturalists.

Except that deciding to become a naturalist may be a sign of some other problems.

Nino

Well considering that she IS naked, what's wrong about feeling naked?

As somebody who can be critical of characters, I think Matilda is a pretty good one. She is confident and flirtacious. Just because we havn't at one point seen her go emo over her problems like Jyrras or Dan or Abel or Merlitz doesn't mean she lacks depth =P

Edit: Xeksue, I implore you to check this out: http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2007/05/14

I'm all for dissing Halo (or at least the fanbase)

Swift-Skink

Quote from: Kattuccino on May 15, 2007, 11:50:52 PM
Well considering that she IS naked, what's wrong about feeling naked?

As somebody who can be critical of characters, I think Matilda is a pretty good one. She is confident and flirtacious. Just because we havn't at one point seen her go emo over her problems like Jyrras or Dan or Abel or Merlitz doesn't mean she lacks depth =P

She probably represses her feeling's, and covers with humor, but inside she's crying...

Kidding! ;)

nikename2

I have a feeling Matilda probably has nightmares of I.H.O.P.  :<

Why is she be afraid of pancakes? Only time will tell.

@Kattuccino:Hahah yea I've seen that one already. I figured it would have been the best and most easily recognized analogy to use.

Fuyudenki

Hmm yes, fair, but my last girlfriend was serious when she said stuff like that(I've yet to meet a girl who joked about it), and there was plenty of tiny text to go with the freebie, so you'll maybe excuse me by being thrown a bit off-balance by it all.  I'd also like to submit that the joke was funny.

Quote from: Ellyriun on May 15, 2007, 11:46:09 PM
Although, she does have the fairly noticible downside of not being an Amazon  :U
Not true!  Matilda has exactly twice as many breasts as your average amazon, and even a guy like me, who isn't a breast fanatic, can appreciate that. :P

superluser

Quote from: Kattuccino on May 15, 2007, 11:50:52 PMAs somebody who can be critical of characters, I think Matilda is a pretty good one. She is confident and flirtacious. Just because we havn't at one point seen her go emo over her problems like Jyrras or Dan or Abel or Merlitz doesn't mean she lacks depth =P

You don't need to be emo to have depth.

But what are her interests?  Her hobbies?  What do we know about her?  She works at the fae link object store, she is friends with Bon, and she is familiar with JyCorp on a professional basis.  Oh, and she thinks pancakes are evil.

That's about it.  I think most people would know more about a person (willingly or not) before even having lunch together.

Quote from: Fuyudenki on May 16, 2007, 12:04:41 AMNot true!  Matilda has exactly twice as many breasts as your average amazon

Urban legend!

That is all.

thegayhare

Personaly I found the fact that the phenoix was embarrassed about anyone seeing her neck

and the the insectis's total lack of understanding

Zedd

Im sure a nudist camp would love her

Kenji

Quote from: Zedd on May 16, 2007, 12:11:02 AM

I think a lot of camps would like her.

familyghost

Quote from: superluser on May 16, 2007, 12:08:21 AM
Quote from: Fuyudenki on May 16, 2007, 12:04:41 AMNot true!  Matilda has exactly twice as many breasts as your average amazon

Urban legend!

That is all.

Quick call the Mythbusters!

Zedd

Quote from: Kenji on May 16, 2007, 12:12:13 AM
Quote from: Zedd on May 16, 2007, 12:11:02 AM

I think a lot of camps would like her.

Full of leg-a-rama

Hawk

That's about it.  I think most people would know more about a person (willingly or not) before even having lunch together.

Eh, not necessarily.  Lots of matchmaking and set-ups from friends are practically blind dating.  Then there are dating services, which probably even tell you less than what we know about Matilda.  Then there's speed dating... all based off of, like, a five-minute discussion.  There are so many ways commonly used for dates that tell you nothing about a person.

Fuyudenki

Urban legend!

That is all.

Well, Hahwru's a confirmed Amazon, and she's got bandages and flatness where her right breast should be.  On the other hand, we've seen amazons with both twins intact, so maybe different tribes do things different ways.

Quote from: thegayhare on May 16, 2007, 12:10:39 AM
Personaly I found the fact that the phenoix was embarrassed about anyone seeing her neck

and the the insectis's total lack of understanding
what?  You find them what?  Or did you just find them?

superluser

Quote from: Fuyudenki on May 16, 2007, 12:16:20 AMwhat?  You find them what?  Or did you just find them?

Yeah, TGH.  I'm actually really curious about what you think, because you usually have interesting opinions.

thegayhare

bah that'll teach m to post while doing laundry
*Sighs*
There is something sinfull about a faux fur blanket straight from the dryer

What I ment to say Is I found it interesting that pheniox's modesty was centred around bare throats,  but it does make sense if you think about birds and how they atract mates or what goes on in avian mating.  I wonder if swan based mythos would feel that way about there feet.

And the fact that the insectus compleatly misunderstood the concept of clothing was fairly interesting as well since as a speices with an exoskeleton the Idea that you would need some sort of protective covering would seem so very alien.

I wonder if a young, hip and trendy Insectus who hangs out with beings enough to understand the decorative aspects of fashion might not go in for plating there oxoskeleton with metals like gold or silver,  or studding themselves with gems