[DMFA Radio] - Radio Series Project - RoDP work-in-progress Jun 2013

Started by Tapewolf, May 13, 2007, 05:58:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Quote from: stiletto on July 30, 2008, 12:10:37 AM
I sent Tapewolf a PM a little while back about doing Graz, I thought you were going to PM me back when we got to the part!  :3
Yes, I was 90% sure we'd agreed something like that.  I was intending to PM you a few days ago actually, but I've had a lot on my plate.  Anyway, it's about time we need his voice, so go for it.

We'll also need someone to do his blue feline companion.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Lena

Meep! :animesweat Sorry about that. I'll try and email the strips to one of you. Crazy internet hates me sometimes, I swear...

Tapewolf

Quote from: Lena on July 30, 2008, 11:51:47 AM
Meep! :animesweat Sorry about that. I'll try and email the strips to one of you. Crazy internet hates me sometimes, I swear...

I've got the Hannah recordings.  I'll be away for the next few days, but I should have them integrated by Sunday.

Jairus

And I just got my recording for that demon shot off to you, Tapewolf. Hope it works!
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Tapewolf

Quote from: Jairus on July 30, 2008, 09:03:19 PM
And I just got my recording for that demon shot off to you, Tapewolf. Hope it works!

Yes, I did.  It sounds brilliant.  I'll need Anna and Shanna before I can use it, though.

Jairus

In all likelihood, I'll be around for a while. Call me up if you need me to do something else.

Jer-oh-me

Arg, I wish I had a mic! I'd love to contribute to this but I'm crippled by my lack of one.

Gabi

What happened to the post in which I asked whether I should record any more strips?
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Tapewolf

Quote from: Gabi on July 30, 2008, 10:09:19 PM
What happened to the post in which I asked whether I should record any more strips?

Do you mean this one, or something else?

Mystiqe

Quote from: Tapewolf on July 29, 2008, 12:11:25 PM
Quote from: Gabi on July 29, 2008, 12:06:08 PM
Should I record any more strips?
IIRC we're okay for Rose at the moment, thanks.  Though I think we're still missing the blue phoenix in 893, if you're interested.

Quote from: Mystiqe on July 29, 2008, 06:13:43 AM
Im also up for voicing extra roles, if need be

Actually, Mystiqe... you're doing most of the roles that Marin was doing... are you okay to tackle Aliyka as well?

I can tackle that

Tapewolf

Mystiqe

Quote from: Tapewolf on July 31, 2008, 07:36:42 AM
Cool.  Any chance you can get it done in time for Sunday?

Are you wanting all of her lines?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Mystiqe on July 31, 2008, 07:40:00 AM
Quote from: Tapewolf on July 31, 2008, 07:36:42 AM
Cool.  Any chance you can get it done in time for Sunday?

Are you wanting all of her lines?

All of them for the current arc.  I'm looking at doing that as this year's big production.

Mystiqe

Alrighty. I'll try and get em done maybe tomorra :3

Gabi

Ah, thanks! I don't know why I couldn't find it.

Is that a phoenix? I thought she was a gryphon. Ok, check your e-mail.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Tapewolf

Quote from: Gabi on August 01, 2008, 09:08:19 PM
Is that a phoenix? I thought she was a gryphon. Ok, check your e-mail.
It's not clear which, but thanks for the voicing.

Now, here's yesterday's recording:
http://dmfa.it-he.org/dmfa/dp916-v3a.wav.mp3

...Hannah is now played by Lena.  There is a score which wanders between being too loud and too quiet.  It also has Icarus' outtake at the end.

Lena

It sounds pretty good to me, for the most part - I like Icarus' outtake a bunch. I was just wondering, though, if you would like me to change the pitch on Hannah's lines (like I did on the earlier lines I did while playing around) to make them that much more different from Kria's? If it would be too much extra work for you to splice in new ones I won't but I just thought of it and wanted to offer.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Lena on August 09, 2008, 02:47:44 PM
I was just wondering, though, if you would like me to change the pitch on Hannah's lines (like I did on the earlier lines I did while playing around) to make them that much more different from Kria's? If it would be too much extra work for you to splice in new ones I won't but I just thought of it and wanted to offer.

That would be nice to have, actually.
Also, your lines did have a fair amount of popping on them, so if you do rework them, see if you can talk across the microphone instead of directly into it.  This should reduce the thumping effect you get with 'P's and similar sounds.

Lena

Sure thing! I'll try and get those done for you as soon as it's quiet enough around here to record. I'll try and prevent popping this time, didn't realize it happened last time.  :animesweat

Mystiqe

ahhh Tapewolf, I'm SOOOO sorry for not getting the recordings done. I kinda had to help move my crap upstairs, and then came time to come down south for a few weeks... arg. But anyways. I can be back not this Saturday, but the next one, and I'll get the recordings done asap.

sorry for leaving unannounced~

hugs, Mysti~ <3

Tapewolf

Okay, thanks.  We'll also need Fi for the un-flashback as well ("He shot you!  Did you survive?"), so add that to your list..

Lena

I've emailed you those edited strips of Hannah, Tapewolf. I hope they work better than the last set did. If there's anything you want me to change or anything else you want me to try, just say the word. :mowmeep

Tapewolf

Quote from: Lena on August 19, 2008, 08:31:30 PM
I've emailed you those edited strips of Hannah, Tapewolf. I hope they work better than the last set did. If there's anything you want me to change or anything else you want me to try, just say the word. :mowmeep

Yes, thanks.  I'm going to merge them in tonight, with luck.

Just as a general call, we're still looking for a Shanna and an Anna...

**EDIT**
Those recordings were actually not as good as the originals, I'm afraid.  In some ways I prefer the performance, but whereas the first set were loud and clear, these were quiet and full of background noise.  I wasn't able to recover them.

Also, I seem to have lost the most recent version of the project file.  I've now got it back to where it was a fortnight ago (though with the Hannah samples cleaned up).  That has delayed things.

I'll be looking at doing the scene where Dan find's Hannah strung up next, but unless I want another late night, it'll probably have to be done tomorrow.

Lena

I'll see if I can fix them for you. Seems like something doesn't want me doing Hannah, doesn't it.:mowdizzy I'm naturally quiet, so that's probably what happened. Third time should be the charm! Good thing we aren't doing this professionally or on a deadline, considering how many times the screw-up fairy has visited me lately. Not sure when I'll get them done, but I'll be sure to check them over better this time before I send them.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Lena on August 22, 2008, 04:28:50 PM
Good thing we aren't doing this professionally or on a deadline, considering how many times the screw-up fairy has visited me lately. Not sure when I'll get them done, but I'll be sure to check them over better this time before I send them.
Use headphones, if you have a pair.  It tends to bring out the defects.
As for deadlines, I'll be a bit pissed if we don't get it done and mixed this year, but apart from that I'm relatively easy.  A lot depends on James anyway, and he's busy getting married  :3

James StarRunner

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 22, 2008, 05:22:09 PM
Quote from: Lena on August 22, 2008, 04:28:50 PM
Good thing we aren't doing this professionally or on a deadline, considering how many times the screw-up fairy has visited me lately. Not sure when I'll get them done, but I'll be sure to check them over better this time before I send them.
Use headphones, if you have a pair.  It tends to bring out the defects.
As for deadlines, I'll be a bit pissed if we don't get it done and mixed this year, but apart from that I'm relatively easy.  A lot depends on James anyway, and he's busy getting married  :3
Yep, very busy getting married. ;)

We're having some issues with internet right now for some reason. We have it, but it won't connect. Getting the office/studio set up so I'll be able to record again soon. Luckily I have most of the comics already on my hard drive. Not sure when we'll figure this internet problem out, but hopefully we'll have some lines come next update.

Tapewolf

Quote from: James StarRunner on August 24, 2008, 06:15:34 PM
We're having some issues with internet right now for some reason. We have it, but it won't connect. Getting the office/studio set up so I'll be able to record again soon. Luckily I have most of the comics already on my hard drive. Not sure when we'll figure this internet problem out, but hopefully we'll have some lines come next update.
Cool.  I've had to voice Dan myself (and Fi, damn it) and I never feel happy doing that.  I'll try and sort out the current set, which I have recorded but not yet mixed  :rolleyes

Jairus

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 24, 2008, 06:38:13 PM
Quote from: James StarRunner on August 24, 2008, 06:15:34 PM
Cool.  I've had to voice Dan myself (and Fi, damn it) and I never feel happy doing that.  I'll try and sort out the current set, which I have recorded but not yet mixed  :rolleyes

I'd offer to help with that, but I don't think I can do Dan's voice. As for Fi... I'd have to listen to it a little more to see if I could get close. Probably not.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Jairus on August 24, 2008, 07:20:04 PM
I'd offer to help with that, but I don't think I can do Dan's voice. As for Fi... I'd have to listen to it a little more to see if I could get close. Probably not.

Our original warp-aci was Marin, featured here:
http://dmfa.it-he.org/dmfa/warp-424b.mp3

Mystiqe has replaced her, but she's been off for a while.  She should be back about now, actually.
Nonetheless, if your voice will reach that kind of register, feel free to give it a go in the meantime.
I'll add the echo myself.

This is the strip I was struggling with:  http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_902.php

We do need Shanna and Anna as well.  Not that I'm suggesting it for you, but if anyone happens to know of a female VA for the part that would be dead handy...