Mystiqe

Tapewolf

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Mystiqe

James StarRunner

Tapewolf

Quote from: James StarRunner on July 16, 2008, 11:40:05 AM
I agree, thumbs up.

Thanks.  On reflection, there's a bit too much room reverb in Merbel's voice (it was recorded in 2006) so I might redo it this evening.
I'll also see about putting the Dan/Fi bit from Queen Mab together.

Tapewolf

Right, here is the whole of Dark Pegasus' current role, from 916-925.  I've had to sub for Dan and Hannah, though I have tried to give them both distinct voices.  I couldn't do Anna at all.

http://dmfa.it-he.org/dmfa/dp916b.wav.mp3

There is a score in the works, but I haven't completed it yet.

This takes us to about 5 minutes.  There are several ways each part could have been read - suggestions for improvements or alternative reading would be appreciated.

GabrielsThoughts

hmm...I dunnno' after a while Merlitz, Dark Pegasus and several others all sound the same to me.  :mwaha

in all seriousness you need more volunteers, and you need to be less picky. I can do a decent Southern and Hispanic accent, as well as American Standard.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Tapewolf

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on July 27, 2008, 01:58:45 AM
hmm...I dunnno' after a while Merlitz, Dark Pegasus and several others all sound the same to me.  :mwaha
Usually I can tell that it's the same person off-bat, probably because I get hear the voices so much when editing.  However, I'm happy that DP and Merlitz are far enough apart, if only because of the processing.  However, my raw voices - like Dan and Hannah in this - tend to drift back to Merlitz.

Quotein all seriousness you need more volunteers, and you need to be less picky. I can do a decent Southern and Hispanic accent, as well as American Standard.
I'm not looking to replace DP, because I'm insistent on using the same voices when we can, for consistency.
I have actually had a few people whinge over the quality of the voice acting in the WfH videos and so forth, so being 'less picky' is probably not wise if we want to retain some semblance of QC.
In any case, I try to put voice nominations to a vote because it can be pretty heartbreaking to have to decide.

Finally, we usually have a surfeit of male VA's - Hannah, for instance, is supposed to be female.  That said, we do have a few unfilled roles.  The red snake mythos in 878 and 879, for example.  Stiletto needs a voice too, though since he's a cameo it's only fair that his player gets first dibs.

Lena

Is there any you would like me to try and voice? I can do a few different accents, and I'd like to be helpful.
I did manage to do some of the older Kria strips too, I'm just not sure anymore which you want. Just drop me a line if you ever need them.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Lena on July 27, 2008, 03:47:07 PM
Is there any you would like me to try and voice? I can do a few different accents, and I'd like to be helpful.
I did manage to do some of the older Kria strips too, I'm just not sure anymore which you want. Just drop me a line if you ever need them.
Hannah seems to have most of the lines.  Would you like to try her out?

Lena

Sure thing, I'll give her a try as soon as I can. This will be fun!  :mowhappy Is there anything special you'd like me to try, other than being perky?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Lena on July 28, 2008, 12:53:09 PM
Sure thing, I'll give her a try as soon as I can. This will be fun!  :mowhappy Is there anything special you'd like me to try, other than being perky?

Not that I can think of offhand, I'm afraid.

Mystiqe

lol, that was pretty good

Im also up for voicing extra roles, if need be

Tapewolf

Quote from: Mystiqe on July 29, 2008, 06:13:43 AM
lol, that was pretty good
Cool.  Right now, I need Anna (Pod-puppy).

Jairus

I really am tempted to volunteer, but I don't know if you need any more guys. I'd need a better mic than what my laptop has built into it... then again, I could probably borrow one from my dad or buy one myself.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Tapewolf

Quote from: Jairus on July 29, 2008, 11:30:31 AM
I really am tempted to volunteer, but I don't know if you need any more guys. I'd need a better mic than what my laptop has built into it... then again, I could probably borrow one from my dad or buy one myself.
Actually, we need the demon guy that Shanna and Hannah took out.

Jairus

Quote from: Tapewolf on July 29, 2008, 11:32:18 AM
Quote from: Jairus on July 29, 2008, 11:30:31 AM
Actually, we need the demon guy that Shanna and Hannah took out.

You mean the one in #909? Sure, let me get a mic and send you an audition recording. I could have it off within a few days.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Jairus on July 29, 2008, 11:38:37 AM
You mean the one in #909? Sure, let me get a mic and send you an audition recording. I could have it off within a few days.
Yeah, that's the one.  Some 'mmphh!' sounds might be helpful as well...

**EDIT**
And please, do not use the noise reduction filter in Audacity.  I swear, I'm going to bribe the dev team to relabel it 'Please castrate me' or something.

Jairus

Quote from: Tapewolf on July 29, 2008, 11:41:48 AM
Yeah, that's the one.  Some 'mmphh!' sounds might be helpful as well...

What kind of voice do you want? I'm guessing not heroically overblown or trailer announcer, yet also not maniacal evil.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Jairus on July 29, 2008, 11:44:54 AM
What kind of voice do you want? I'm guessing not heroically overblown or trailer announcer, yet also not maniacal evil.

Just a regular employee, I'd say.  Give it a try with your normal voice, and we'll see if it needs any changes.

Jairus

Quote from: Tapewolf on July 29, 2008, 11:47:25 AM
Quote from: Jairus on July 29, 2008, 11:44:54 AM

Just a regular employee, I'd say.  Give it a try with your normal voice, and we'll see if it needs any changes.

Sure. I'll see what I can do.

Gabi

~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Tapewolf

Quote from: Gabi on July 29, 2008, 12:06:08 PM
Should I record any more strips?
IIRC we're okay for Rose at the moment, thanks.  Though I think we're still missing the blue phoenix in 893, if you're interested.

Quote from: Mystiqe on July 29, 2008, 06:13:43 AM

Actually, Mystiqe... you're doing most of the roles that Marin was doing... are you okay to tackle Aliyka as well?

fesworks

If you are ever needing any other male voices, I'm capable of recording myself, if interested. I run a podcast, so you can kinda hear my normal voice on The Webcomic Beacon.

I have not been to this message board in a looooong time, so I need to look for the downloads and catch up on this whole project.

Lena

Hey, um...quick question. How should I do the middle panel of 910? (This one here.) Try and say it fast, try and do it slow so we can edit it to be that quick and/or dopplered, or what? Just wanted to check.  :mowsmile

Tapewolf

Quote from: Lena on July 29, 2008, 06:36:05 PM
Hey, um...quick question. How should I do the middle panel of 910? (This one here.) Try and say it fast, try and do it slow so we can edit it to be that quick and/or dopplered, or what? Just wanted to check.  :mowsmile
I wasn't thinking of doppler shift.  Interesting idea.  Anyway, I'd do it both fast and slow.  That way I can play around with the normal-speed version and see how it responds to time-stretching.

Lena

Okay...here's the lines I recorded for Hannah. There's a couple in the 910 file - fast, slow, and normal. If there's anything you want me to redo or try something else with, just say the word. Hope you like!

882-887,904-907,912-913,
920-922910

Fragmaster01

llearch n'n'daCorna

Specifically: "The account sharing the above link cannot link to files greater than 1MB."

Email, perhaps? To either me or TW, either one of us can then host it for general access...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

stiletto

I sent Tapewolf a PM a little while back about doing Graz, I thought you were going to PM me back when we got to the part!  :3

Yes, I would like to do his voice, as I've always had one in mind for him.