[DMFA Radio] - Radio Series Project - RoDP work-in-progress Jun 2013

Started by Tapewolf, May 13, 2007, 05:58:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

llearch n'n'daCorna

I plan to make a go of it, but it'll need a little time, as I'm stuck with work at the moment.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 11, 2008, 06:28:49 PM
I plan to make a go of it, but it'll need a little time, as I'm stuck with work at the moment.
Take your time - it'll probably take a few weeks to run the poll anyway, so I'll probably voice him myself until we've got it settled.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Teekay Aria

:<  So...  I thought everything was good.  And then the spyware came and I had to wipe my hardrive.  Everything is finally back up and running except for one thing:  Audacity.  Does anyone have a copy or something similar?

Lena

Well, I've never tried voice acting before, but it seems like a lot of fun. If you still need female voices, I'd like to give it a try.
I gave an attempt at Kria and Nutmeg, just for the heck of it.
Kria in strips 343 and 344
http://www.freewebs.com/dweia/Kria%20Normal%20Voice%20343%2D344.wav
Kria's lines in 765 - 768
http://www.freewebs.com/dweia/Kria%20Normal%20Voice%20756%2D758.wav
and Nutmeg's lines in 789 - 790
http://www.freewebs.com/dweia/Nutmeg%20Attempt%20Strips%20789%20%2D%20790.wav
They were fun to do, even if I did get some weird looks.  :mowsmile

Tapewolf

Quote from: Lena on April 12, 2008, 11:52:41 AM
Well, I've never tried voice acting before, but it seems like a lot of fun. If you still need female voices, I'd like to give it a try.

I'll check those out in more detail - I'm listening to the first one at the moment.
We are sorted for Nutmeg, Keaton has done a pretty good job on her, IMHO and James' fiancé fits Lorenda well.
We are looking for voices for Kria, Rose and if possible an Aary who sounds at least something like our previous actress.  Actually, if you had a higher, more whiny voice and more twang to it you might just be able to pull off Aary - but you'd get some weird looks with that too  >:3

http://dmfa.it-he.org/dmfa/saia_496-2.wav.mp3 - Seraline as Aary

Whatever the role, one thing you might want to bear in mind is the microphone is popping on occasion.  This happens on 'P' sounds and suchlike.  If you speak across it rather than into it, this goes away.  There are other fixes and I can sometimes reduce it slightly in the editor, but avoidance is usually best.

I see what you mean about the looks you got when doing Nutmeg...

Lena

Weird looks are about par for the course around here. I'd get them for doing the 'creepy' voice too...after they finished freaking out.  :mowtongue (creepy voice = that girl on the old 'scariest places on earth' episodes). I'll give Aary a try later on. Kria I did in my normal voice since I wasn't quite sure what to do with her...but doing weird voices is fun. I'll see what I can do about the popping you heard, although I have to admit that I'm kinda relieved there weren't any major issues with the recordings. I was a bit worried about that since I hadn't tried it before.

Tezkat

The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

Fragmaster01

I must say Tezkat, I love your Albanion. That was awesome.

GabrielsThoughts

you know you could always fiddle with the voice tracks, speed them up, slow them down, or whatever. But, I think Tez was better.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Lena

Fear the power of my boredom! :mwaha Yeah, I went ahead and tried to do Aaryanna. Any hints on how I could get closer?
http://www.freewebs.com/dweia/Aary%20Attempt%201.wav
http://www.freewebs.com/dweia/Aary%20Attempt%202.wav
I'd love to do more of Kria's stuff, but Aary is fun too.  :giggle

Sunblink

Oh my god, I finally got my lines up. I'm so sorry about the wait, Tapewolf. I suck. :< Fortunately, we got a new, quiet fishtank so I don't have to worry about the noise in the background while I'm recording, so that reduces any hassle.

"I must say this place is very charming!"

"If you had time, I was hoping to get a few pictures of you doing fire magic by the lake?"

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Tapewolf

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on April 15, 2008, 03:49:50 PM
Oh my god, I finally got my lines up. I'm so sorry about the wait, Tapewolf. I suck. :< Fortunately, we got a new, quiet fishtank so I don't have to worry about the noise in the background while I'm recording, so that reduces any hassle.

Thanks.  The first one's good.  For the second one she sounds a little bored - it would be better if she was more bubbly and happy. 

Quote from: Lena on April 13, 2008, 08:55:38 PM
Fear the power of my boredom! :mwaha Yeah, I went ahead and tried to do Aaryanna. Any hints on how I could get closer?  I'd love to do more of Kria's stuff, but Aary is fun too.  :giggle

Without the accent it doesn't quite work, IMHO - ideally we really need some kind of a match for Seraline because she starred in Disasters.  I thought I could hear a trace of it in the earlier recordings which is why I asked.

In any case, it sounds like you're really gunning for Kria.  For her, it would be nice to have Abel 66-70 (and also 22-26).  That's not vital right now, since Abel's Story is a bit fragmented in terms of production, but it would be handy to have in the long run.  The entirety of 756-777 is a higher priority.

For 761, it would be nice if each of the options was prefixed, e.g. "A, Kill things.  B, kill things.  C, kill things..." ('Shopping' would be 'L').
Among other things I'll probably do a bit of cut-and-paste with that so don't worry if you flub some of the 'Kill Things' bits.

AmigaDragon

"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Lena

:animesweat Guess I wasn't very subtle about wanting to play Kria, was I? I'll admit it, though, she's one of my favorite characters. I'll get started on those lines for you as soon as I can. Sorry about the Aary trial, I just couldn't seem to get much closer to Seraline's voice.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Lena on April 16, 2008, 03:26:34 PM
:animesweat Guess I wasn't very subtle about wanting to play Kria, was I? I'll admit it, though, she's one of my favorite characters. I'll get started on those lines for you as soon as I can.

Heh, not a problem.  Now - here is Nutmeg and Mab:
http://dmfa.it-he.org/dmfa/queenmab3-1.wav.mp3

Nutmeg courtesy of Keaton.  The recordings are somewhat lo-fi but I do like the voicing.

Tezkat

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 15, 2008, 04:58:40 PM
For 761, it would be nice if each of the options was prefixed, e.g. "A, Kill things.  B, kill things.  C, kill things..." ('Shopping' would be 'L').
Among other things I'll probably do a bit of cut-and-paste with that so don't worry if you flub some of the 'Kill Things' bits.

Hmm... I'm not sure that's the best way to translate the joke. One can process the visual gag instantly, but a 12+ item menu would probably be too long and boring to be funny. Maybe it would work better to change it so that it sounds like she's mulling over options and just can't think of anything other than death and destruction.

For example:

Hrmmm... the daughter is upset. I must respond to this accordingly...

"You seem upset. Let's go kill things." No, that wouldn't work. Let's see... kill things... kill things... kill things... ah, shopping!

"You seem upset. Let's go shopping."

It's a slightly different joke that way, but the spirit remains the same.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Tezkat on April 17, 2008, 02:11:43 PM
Hmm... I'm not sure that's the best way to translate the joke. One can process the visual gag instantly, but a 12+ item menu would probably be too long and boring to be funny.

Two words: jog shuttle.

Oh, by the way, if you get the chance we need Jyrras' lines for that arc.  I'll have to double-check on the Linux box but IIRC we only have the section around the 'Albanion's Curse' part at present.

Tezkat

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 17, 2008, 02:18:57 PM
Oh, by the way, if you get the chance we need Jyrras' lines for that arc.  I'll have to double-check on the Linux box but IIRC we only have the section around the 'Albanion's Curse' part at present.

That's all I've posted so far. I started on the first few strips of the arc before I left, but I haven't posted them yet. I'll work on that when I get back next week.

Should I bother doing more Albanion for that section?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Tezkat on April 17, 2008, 02:28:46 PM
That's all I've posted so far. I started on the first few strips of the arc before I left, but I haven't posted them yet. I'll work on that when I get back next week.
Should I bother doing more Albanion for that section?

Up to you, really.  IIRC yours is currently the most complete, and I was intending to use it for the test runs, but who ends up doing the final one is probably going up to a vote.

Lena

Well, I finally have the lines for strips 756 - 777. I ended up doing about five takes and editing the lines I liked best into the whole. If there's anything you'd like me to change or redo, just let me know.
Sorry about it being on megaupload. The webserver I was using decided out of nowhere that it wouldn't allow uploads of anything larger than 76 KB. Since it was going on megaupload, I put it all in one file to make it easier.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TSVTW8KO

James StarRunner

Tapewolf

Quote from: James StarRunner on April 26, 2008, 03:49:38 PM
House empty. Taking advantage of it. Recording more.

Nice work, James.  Is there any word on the Lorenda recordings, by the way?  We'll need the ones for the Light Lunch arc, now that Lena has come up with the Kria ones (which - playing a few at random - are superb, if slightly noisy.  Should be fixable).

Anyway, I'll try and put these to use when I can - I'm just embarking on a major systems upgrade though, so fingers crossed.  In the worst case - if it all goes wrong or there isn't a 64-bit version of some vital package - I should be able to boot back to the original system, but I'm hoping that won't be necessary.

Gabi

Did you ever get my e-mail? It's been a week since I sent it and I've got no response.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Tapewolf

Quote from: Gabi on April 26, 2008, 04:48:10 PM
Did you ever get my e-mail? It's been a week since I sent it and I've got no response.

No, I didn't, I'm afraid.  I get 400-1000 items of junk a day, and it's quite likely my automation trashed it.  It helps if it's very clearly labelled 'DMFA' or something.  I'll PM you with an alternate address to try, and I'll add you to my whitelists when I can.

Gabi

Alright, please check for a message by Gliynn Starseed. I've sent it to the address you've just given me.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Tapewolf

Quote from: Gabi on April 26, 2008, 06:42:04 PM
Alright, please check for a message by Gliynn Starseed. I've sent it to the address you've just given me.

Yes, that came through OK.  I've put a copy here for people to listen to:
http://dmfa.it-he.org/dmfa/Rose820.mp3

...the voicing is a bit fast, and the recording is very quiet.  Possibly because of this there is a lot of noise.  I like the rendition, though.

James StarRunner

Hehehe... I like that rendition too Gabi! To help eliminate the 'noise', the easiest thing to do is to record closer to the mic, speak up, and turn the recording volume down if needed (in case of clipping).

As for Lorenda Lines, we've been going from the beginning. I think she said she got past comic #200, but she's going to focus on the Lunch arc next.

Mystiqe

Hey guys! im sorry i havent made an appearance lately >:

and to tapewolf.

I really really wanna do this, i mean, voiceacting is the thing i wanna fall back on if art doesnt do well, but right now, i cannot do this, and it makes me really really depressed. see, i havent gotten lines, because i need people to persistantly remind me to do things, else i procrastinate, and lately, i caught a nasty cold, and my throat is really sore, like, just sitting here, breathing hurts. HOWEVER lipton noodle soup seems to soothe that, so thats good.

and another howevertype anyways. if you wanna keep me, and are willing to wait for my recovery, i'll gladly give my msn to someone who can nag me to do my recordings ^^;;

on a better note, i recently got my report card, and im getting A's! ^^ aside from welding, C in that. you guys proud of me? :3

Tapewolf

Quote from: Mystiqe on April 30, 2008, 03:32:06 AM
see, i havent gotten lines, because i need people to persistantly remind me to do things, else i procrastinate, and lately, i caught a nasty cold, and my throat is really sore, like, just sitting here, breathing hurts. HOWEVER lipton noodle soup seems to soothe that, so thats good.

Ouch.  I know what feeling.  I've actually recorded at least one song by taking Tunes or something similar - though I don't recommend it  >:3

Anyway, we do need a voice for Fi and I like yours.  If you need to be prodded, that's fine - as a rule I normally just leave people to their own thing (which sometimes leads them to forget...)  The only snag is that I'm not on MSN, and will not be until and unless it (A) works on Linux / MacOS, (B) doesn't need a MS Passport account.

Quoteon a better note, i recently got my report card, and im getting A's! ^^ aside from welding, C in that. you guys proud of me? :3
Indeed.  I wasn't even taught welding...