Ask the All Purpose Fox - The Next Generation!

Started by Azlan, May 12, 2007, 10:34:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill

Roureem Egas

Quote from: KarlOmega1 on June 20, 2007, 05:42:25 PM
What you you think of a person that writes a Sonic the hedgehog fanfic in a way that the one narrating the story is the same as the main character (AKA Sonic)?

It depends on their skills in writing from a first-person point of view. From what I've seen around the net (namely fanfiction.net <.<), the writing tends to suck, the story sucks, or is otherwise generally hard to read.

Quote from: BillBuckner on June 20, 2007, 06:43:40 PM
Who died and made Kenji an APF?

The queen, of course! :3

Kenji

Quote from: BillBuckner on June 20, 2007, 06:43:40 PM
Who died and made Kenji an APF?

No one died, but it was ordained by the foxes that be.

ShadesFox

Kenji has been an APF for a while, before he was known as Kenji in fact.  ((Azie, you may wish to fix that)).

And don't be so modest.  There was someone who died.  Poor Jimmy, got shot.  I held him in his arms as he died.  Big mistake.  Those TV shows where the main character gets a soliloquy that lasts forever as he dies?  Doesn't happen.  Usually they just convulse while puking everywhere, amongst other bodily functions.
The All Purpose Fox

Castle Pokemetroid

How long could you survive with eating only mushrooms?

Is there anyway ta get me to stop thinking about mushrooms? I've been thinking about them for like the last two weeks or somethin'.

Kenji

Quote from: Castle Pokemetroid on June 21, 2007, 07:39:37 PM
How long could you survive with eating only mushrooms?

Is there anyway ta get me to stop thinking about mushrooms? I've been thinking about them for like the last two weeks or somethin'.

Let's see... judging by Mario... about 22 years.

Go... eat one.

The Lurking Dragon

Why must the internet be full of pointless drama that makes people avoid parts of it?
"You can't see me or hear me unless I want you to."
The Lurking Dragon

Roureem Egas

Quote from: The Lurking Dragon on June 22, 2007, 12:14:01 AM
Why must the internet be full of pointless drama that makes people avoid parts of it?

To compete with Chinese soaps and other dramas. I'm serious.  :O

ShadesFox

Quote from: The Lurking Dragon on June 22, 2007, 12:14:01 AM

Because there are not nearly enough artillery pieces in the hands of the people.  If you can shell people from the distance, everyone would be a lot more polite. 
The All Purpose Fox

Azlan

Quote from: ShadesFox on June 20, 2007, 10:26:51 PM
Kenji has been an APF for a while, before he was known as Kenji in fact.  ((Azie, you may wish to fix that)).

Handled.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Kenji

Quote from: Azlan on June 22, 2007, 07:22:20 PM
Quote from: ShadesFox on June 20, 2007, 10:26:51 PM

Handled.

True.

Azlan

"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

e_voyager

I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Kenji

Quote from: e_voyager on June 23, 2007, 02:10:04 AM
how old is too old to post in a thread?

Seems to be a week of dead silence. However, some topics seem to forgive, such as art threads, but mainly only if the reviver is the creator.
Those and RP threads. If an rp thread is inactive for a bit, the creator has the right to get it going again. (If only.. )
Ahem. I can't quite recall the rules on "I haven't been around for a while, so I missed it", but I think the mods are kinda leniant with that, as long as the post is... well.. not dumb.

Gabi

~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Zedd

Is wrong to play opera music while blending hotdogs?
I see and hear weird 70's music after eating this brownie...should i go to rehab?

e_voyager

i'm sorry it seems that i forgot that forum questions are no nos. still at the time i was thinking more about the social aspect of it. still now that i've been made aware or remade aware of it i have a new question.

May i be forgive for my mortal forgetfulness?
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Kenji

Cogidubnus

Castle Pokemetroid

How long can a mushroom burn?

I don't want to double post so, I will continue this one.

This is my new version of the one below.

What do you think of it/how do you think I can improve (Yes, I know I'm missing one or two sprites) and do you think you can make a clear back for it?  :)

Eowyn

What Eowyn types- ffffffshhhhyy?? wwwrrrrruuuuuu?????
What Eowyn says- Fishy? where are you?
What Eowyn means- Why aren't any of you fish? I like fish and cannot find any here. Also, where is the fish cat toy cause I cant find it anywhere

Brunhidden

Quote from: Cogidubnus on June 23, 2007, 10:13:59 PM
How much Wagner is too much Wagner?

Wagner's masterpiece "Ring de Nibelung" lasts a full 21 hours, but i would assume that without intermissions any listeners would go insane somewhere around hour 15. In his life i believe Wagner produced a total of about 70 hours of original music, so that should be enough to drive anyone mad. On the other hand a town has been playing "as slow as possible" for the past several years, the gigantic organ they're playing it on has two backup generators and its easier to add or remove pipes to change notes rather then press keys.

yes i know im not a fox and thus am not qualified to answer questions... but you have no idea what i actually am so its kinda hard to say no for sure.

QuoteThis is the song that never ends, it just goes on and on my friend. some people, started singin, not knowin what it was....
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Gabi

As much as it takes you to find it annoying.

Quote from: Castle Pokemetroid on June 24, 2007, 03:33:01 AM
How long can a mushroom burn?

I don't want to double post so, I will continue this one.

This is my new version of the one below.

What do you think of it/how do you think I can improve (Yes, I know I'm missing one or two sprites) and do you think you can make a clear back for it?  :)
It depends on the mushroom, how dry it is and why it's burning.
It looks good. A few pixels seem to be missing from the border of the hair when he moves forward, you could try adding them. And the background looks clear to me.

Quote from: Eowyn on June 26, 2007, 01:22:18 PM
What Eowyn types- ffffffshhhhyy?? wwwrrrrruuuuuu?????
What Eowyn says- Fishy? where are you?
What Eowyn means- Why aren't any of you fish? I like fish and cannot find any here. Also, where is the fish cat toy cause I cant find it anywhere
Fish! We wouldn't be foxes if we were fish. And the toy must be where the cat left it.

Quote from: Brunhidden da Muse on June 26, 2007, 01:28:39 PM

Wagner's masterpiece "Ring de Nibelung" lasts a full 21 hours, but i would assume that without intermissions any listeners would go insane somewhere around hour 15. In his life i believe Wagner produced a total of about 70 hours of original music, so that should be enough to drive anyone mad. On the other hand a town has been playing "as slow as possible" for the past several years, the gigantic organ they're playing it on has two backup generators and its easier to add or remove pipes to change notes rather then press keys.

yes i know im not a fox and thus am not qualified to answer questions... but you have no idea what i actually am so its kinda hard to say no for sure.

QuoteThis is the song that never ends, it just goes on and on my friend. some people, started singin, not knowin what it was....
*Ties Brunhidden to a chair.* Sit there and wait for your punishment. If no one comes... well, you'll just have to stay there.

Miaka

Why do I want to ask the APFs questions, when I have no questions to ask?

..wait a sec.

Kenji

Quote from: Miaka on June 27, 2007, 11:52:30 AM
Why do I want to ask the APFs questions, when I have no questions to ask?

..wait a sec.

Because you like us.  :love3

Zedd

Gabi

e_voyager

Gabi

Yes, considering I'm a teacher, and a supermod at TPM, both of which require me to enforce several rules. But I do my best to be kind while I enforce them (which I guess is why I got nominated for "Kind", "Kind order" and "Strictest" at the Unown Awards on TPM, but I ended up winning only the "Kind" one which was my favorite of the tree).

Hey, the text between the parentheses was longer than the main text!

Kenji