I'm listening to ELP's version of 'Pictures At An Exhibition' by Mussorgsky

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

think?

np: Paul Simon - Paul Simon Anthology - Late In The Evening
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Sunblink

Bah. I went through some of my older CDs and found old songs I used to love, and still love deep in the pit of my heart.

"And One," by Linkin Park.

omg forgive me, music gods, for I have sinned.  :cry

~Keaton the Black Jackal

xHaZxMaTx

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 10, 2007, 05:29:46 AM
Quote from: xHaZxMaTx on October 10, 2007, 01:37:47 AM
The Postal Service - Give Up

I think ours has:  http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7037052.stm

I lawl'd.

Also, I was listening to that album all night while I was sleeping, and I had some pretty interesting dreams.

And I'm still listening to it. :P

Angel

The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

xHaZxMaTx

superluser

Radiohead - In Rainbows - 15 Step

Anybody else pay for this?  I've been meaning to get into Radiohead, and I'd like to know what I should expect--also, W.A.S.T.E.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

xHaZxMaTx

Quote from: superluser on October 12, 2007, 12:27:54 AM
Radiohead - In Rainbows - 15 Step

Anybody else pay for this?  I've been meaning to get into Radiohead, and I'd like to know what I should expect

Aww, I didn't know you had to pay for the CD.  But it comes with all that other sweet stuff, so it's probably worth it.  I suppose I could download it, but even from the site, it's only at 160 kbps. :/

Radiohead - My Iron Lung EP - The Trickster

-EDIT-
Ooh, 15 Step is nifty. :)

Sienna Maiu - M T

Tapewolf

Quote from: superluser on October 12, 2007, 12:27:54 AM
Anybody else pay for this?  I've been meaning to get into Radiohead, and I'd like to know what I should expect--also, W.A.S.T.E.

I would also like to know what the new thing is like, but I'm caught between not wanting to download it for nothing, and not wanting to pay them if it's as bad as 'Kid A' (at which point I stopped listening to them).  I may ask my brother if he's still into them.

Basically, from my narrow perspective, they released 'Pablo Honey' which had a couple of good tracks on it (e.g. "You").  Then they released 'The Bends' which had even more good tracks on it ("Street Spirit", "Planet Telex" etc).  Then they released 'OK Computer' which was fantastic - especially for people who are/were into prog-rock ("Lucky" is probably my favourite track).
After that they released 'Kid A' which was totally different and a massive step backwards in my opinion.  After that I gave up on them  :B

'The Score' - Emerson, Lake and Powell

Sunblink

"Icky Thump," by the White Stripes

Yeah. They're awesome. Kudos to my family for putting up with me wailing the lyrics when the music video appeared on TV.

... Well Americans: What, nothing better to do...

~Keaton the Black Jackal

xHaZxMaTx

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 12, 2007, 09:19:05 AM
I would also like to know what the new thing is like, but I'm caught between not wanting to download it for nothing, and not wanting to pay them if it's as bad as 'Kid A' (at which point I stopped listening to them).  I may ask my brother if he's still into them.

Basically, from my narrow perspective, they released 'Pablo Honey' which had a couple of good tracks on it (e.g. "You").  Then they released 'The Bends' which had even more good tracks on it ("Street Spirit", "Planet Telex" etc).  Then they released 'OK Computer' which was fantastic - especially for people who are/were into prog-rock ("Lucky" is probably my favourite track).
After that they released 'Kid A' which was totally different and a massive step backwards in my opinion.  After that I gave up on them  :B

If anything, you could download the album for free and use it as a 'test drive'.  Knowing you, you probably wouldn't care for the bitrate, anyway.  If you do like it, you could shell out for the discbox, or wait until it's released in stores (if it will be).

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on October 12, 2007, 12:14:31 PM
"Icky Thump," by the White Stripes

Yeah. They're awesome. Kudos to my family for putting up with me wailing the lyrics when the music video appeared on TV.

... Well Americans: What, nothing better to do...

~Keaton the Black Jackal

I had a dream, last night, I was at my old high school visiting my Drafting & Design teacher, and in the dream, I was listening to Icky Thump on my laptop. :U  I don't know why, either.  At first I thought (in the dream) that it was because it was playing on my computer.  Then I remembered I was listening to In Rainbows on repeat all night.

Radiohead - In Rainbows - Jigsaw Falling Into Place

techmaster-glitch

bill

The Moody Blues - Days of Future Passed - The Afternoon: Forever Afternoon (Tuesday?)

Kasarn

Angus & Julia Stone - Triple J: Like a Version, Volume 3 - Tubthumping

xHaZxMaTx

I started listening to Johnny Greenwood - Body Song last night, before I went to bed.  That was a bad idea. :mowdizzy  I had some pretty crazy dreams.

Sienna Maiu - M T

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Sienna Maiu - M T on October 18, 2007, 03:14:41 PM
Mean Kitty Song
smpfilms
That song has just too much win in it, it's awsomeness is unmatched :3

bill

Peter Gabriel - Peter Gabriel (III) - Family Snapshot

Kasarn

Omega

xHaZxMaTx

RushFox

Threshold- Part Of The Chaos (Extinct Instinct)

This album was hard as hell to get a hold of. I always liked this Damien Wilson's singing on there, and I heard rumors that he's coming back for the next album, since the last guy left almost halfway through the "Dead Reckoning" tour. It'll be interesting to hear him again, for sure.

Tapewolf

Quote from: RushFox on October 24, 2007, 10:22:53 AM
Threshold- Part Of The Chaos (Extinct Instinct)

This album was hard as hell to get a hold of. I always liked this Damien Wilson's singing on there, and I heard rumors that he's coming back for the next album, since the last guy left almost halfway through the "Dead Reckoning" tour. It'll be interesting to hear him again, for sure.

Yeah, those guys seem to have a bit of a problem keeping the vocalists.

Fly on a windshield / Lamb Lies Down On Broadway / Genesis
...I absolutely love the guitar solo on this... how they heck did he get that weird guitar sound?

xHaZxMaTx

Hootie & The Blowfish - Cracked Rear View - Only Wanna Be With You

llearch n'n'daCorna

Midnight Oil - Diesel And Dust - Arctic World

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 29, 2007, 10:05:31 AM
Midnight Oil - Diesel And Dust - Arctic World

I preferred 'Blue Sky Mining' :P

I'm listening to 'The Score' off 'Emerson, Lake and Powell'.  But I think I'll have to listen to some Midnight Oil afterwards.

llearch n'n'daCorna

I'm personally fond of "White Skin, Black Heart", off Redneck Wonderland, but that's a whole different story. Besides, I wasn't listening to that when I posted... ;-]

Massive Attack - Mezzanine - Inertia Creeps.