05/03/07 Abel's Story [85] There it is

Started by AndersW, May 03, 2007, 08:31:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

multani82

Quote from: Xeksue on May 03, 2007, 07:45:32 PM
You mean like Spy vs. Spy? But with Cubis?  >:3
oh wouldn't that just be fun hehehee. Aniz laughing and all of a sudden he gets hit with a dagger in the back by Cid.

Netami

Quote from: HeroZero on May 03, 2007, 07:41:35 PM
Double post. Can someone nuke this post?

Stand back, please.

Very far back.

Distracting

Quote from: Netami on May 03, 2007, 07:51:01 PM

Stand back, please.

Very far back.

If I stand near it's crater, will I get superpowers?

I just realized something; how is it that Aniz's clan marking is on his forearm while Abel's is on his back? It's most likely random, isn't it?

multani82

Quote from: HeroZero on May 03, 2007, 07:56:25 PM
Quote from: Netami on May 03, 2007, 07:51:01 PM

Stand back, please.

Very far back.

If I stand near it's crater, will I get superpowers?

I just realized something; how is it that Aniz's clan marking is on his forearm while Abel's is on his back? It's most likely random, isn't it?
yeah the markings origin is random.

Netami

Man, you will be able to turn into dust at a very quick rate!  :hug

Stygian

Quote from: Netami on May 03, 2007, 08:00:24 PM
Man, you will be able to turn into dust at a very quick rate!  :hug

Hm. This is extending into a horrible drag of obviousness and offtopicness. I wonder where Haz is? There's something that hasn't been done for a while.

superluser

Quote from: multani82 on May 03, 2007, 07:59:28 PMyeah the markings origin is random.

I don't know about *random*.  Maybe it's determined by some other gene carried by both beings and creatures.  Achilles was invulnerable everywhere but his heel, because that's where his mother held him when he was dipped into the Styx.  Maybe it works like that, like the first patch of fur that gets completely dry after birth, or something.  Maybe it grows where your magic comes from, and depending on what type of magic you use, it could grow in different places.

I don't think we know if it's random.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Aurawyn

Quote from: Rafe on May 03, 2007, 07:05:44 PM
Quote from: techmaster-glitch on May 03, 2007, 02:43:21 PM
Abel detests people who shapeshift to assume someone else's identity because of how Aniz has been playing Cid for the past 20+ years.
We don't know how many years it's been since Aniz killed Cid.  Abel may very well have been concieved when Cid was still alive.  Aniz may stalked her and impersonated Cid before his death.  I'm sure sleeping with May while Cid was still alive wouldn't have been beyond him.

I am speculating that Aniz fathered Able and left him to Cid and May, but came though Zinvth some time later, spotted May/Cid/Able  Thought  "Hey this could me fun!"  Tracked down/Killed Cid and took his place Then... Tho..

If "Cid" was really Aniz for the 20+ years of Able's life, that would explain why he so easily accepted moving to Zinvth to begin with...

candide

Quote from: NoAI on May 03, 2007, 01:32:21 PMAniz doesn't care about May, he cares about his son.
...which would explain why he stayed around for 24 years, pretending to be Cid Rewanz.

Quote from: NoAI on May 03, 2007, 01:32:21 PMHe needs to reveals himself now because of Abel needing the guidance of an elder Cubi.
Again, that makes perfect sense.

I'm going to take back my, "Waiting around 24 years to eat May," prediction.  I'm now wondering if Aniz even cares that May is there anymore.  His main motivation, at this point, is helping his son.  Hurting his son's mother and friend isn't exactly conducive to that now, is it? :mowtongue

superluser

Quote from: candide on May 03, 2007, 09:15:28 PM
Quote from: NoAI on May 03, 2007, 01:32:21 PMAniz doesn't care about May, he cares about his son.
...which would explain why he stayed around for 24 years, pretending to be Cid Rewanz.

No, it doesn't.  If I were Aniz, I'd kill May on the day that my son was born with wings, and trot him off to start his training.

Aurawyn

Quote from: superluser on May 03, 2007, 09:31:52 PM
Quote from: candide on May 03, 2007, 09:15:28 PM

No, it doesn't.  If I were Aniz, I'd kill May on the day that my son was born with wings, and trot him off to start his training.

Hate to say it but me too..

However..given that I am female, I could kill the father off as soon as I got pregnant
:bat

Fuyudenki

The vague possibility just occurred to me while looking at the comic again just now, that perhaps Aniz just whacked May to hold her long enough for him to remove his costume impliments.

No, on second thought, that doesn't make much sense, does it?  Wing tentacles, and everything... though it's probably easier to deal with a crowd who's in shock because you just hit one of them than a crowd who thinks you're some sort of monster because you're going Great Cthulu all over them.

Narethlian

Quote from: Xeksue on May 03, 2007, 01:09:11 PM
Heh, it kinda looks like Abel is finally coming out of shock. It looks like hes kind of angry from what I can see. I don't blame him, if someone broke my mother's nose right infront of me I don't care who they are I'd tear them apart. You just don't do that.  :nono

I wouldn't need to act if someone tried to break my mom's nose. She'd rip out their spleen and shove it so far up their posterior that it would come out their ears... and that's just what she'd do for starters.

Me, I'd be laughing at the poor unlucky bastard my mom's taking apart.

-Nar

NoAI

Quote from: superluser on May 03, 2007, 06:53:44 PM
Quote from: NoAI on May 03, 2007, 01:32:21 PMAs for May's fate... I think that depends on what Cid's fate was, partially. Aniz doesn't care about May, he cares about his son. He needs to reveals himself now because of Abel needing the guidance of an elder Cubi. He can do that with or without May, a decision that will ultimately be left up to May's reaction to his offer when he makes it.
I'll ask it again: *Why* didn't he do that immediately after Abel was born with wings?

Quick Answer: Have you tried being a single father?

Long Answer: May, as seen, is an emotional person. She is very prone to over reacting on certain issues. There is a strong chance if Aniz bothered to ask as soon as Abel was born, May would have said no. Aniz didn't want to chance this, so he posed as Cid for a few years instead. Now that Abel is all grown up and in the crisis point of discovering he's a cubi, this is the perfect time to reveal who he is to Able, and therefore the perfect time to give May her choice.

Remember, Abel/Aniz's clan is so small it's not even considered a proper clan. While we won't know for sure until he reveals it, it's possible that having a son is a very important thing to Aniz. Probably not in a redeeming sort of way, but still...

nikename2

Quote from: Narethlian on May 03, 2007, 11:17:01 PM
Me, I'd be laughing at the poor unlucky bastard my mom's taking apart.

-Nar

Heh, let me put it this way. For me it'd be a race of who could get a hold of them/him first. Heck even the threat of malicious action would probably send me over the edge.

techmaster-glitch

On account of Aniz' actions ever since he walked in the door (i.e., implying May cheated on him, faking a heart attack, and now all of THIS) I think I can summarize the current state of every DMFA reader in one smiley:

:confused  CONFUSED.

We will have to wait for more comics that will explain his motives, cuz right now he's making no sense whatsoever.

superluser

Quote from: NoAI on May 03, 2007, 11:21:26 PM
Quote from: superluser on May 03, 2007, 06:53:44 PMI'll ask it again: *Why* didn't he do that immediately after Abel was born with wings?
Quick Answer: Have you tried being a single father?

Long Answer: May, as seen, is an emotional person. She is very prone to over reacting on certain issues. There is a strong chance if Aniz bothered to ask as soon as Abel was born, May would have said no. Aniz didn't want to chance this, so he posed as Cid for a few years instead. Now that Abel is all grown up and in the crisis point of discovering he's a cubi, this is the perfect time to reveal who he is to Able, and therefore the perfect time to give May her choice.

Remember, Abel/Aniz's clan is so small it's not even considered a proper clan. While we won't know for sure until he reveals it, it's possible that having a son is a very important thing to Aniz. Probably not in a redeeming sort of way, but still...

May is not going to let Aniz take Abel away--at least not while she still breathes.  As for raising Abel, unless he's trying to work outside of SAIA for some reason, he could probably ask one of them for help, and they'd probably help him.  He also had Zinvth, who would help him.  He might have to leave May alive to garner any sympathy, but they'd probably help him out.

Doraion

No wonder he could hide it. he probably bought long sleeved clothes and stuff like that to hide it...man I hte that guy....grr ok will someone tell me how to get permission for out of character rping?!  T_T  I can't stand not having my other sides out like usual.

Tapewolf

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on May 04, 2007, 12:20:33 AM
On account of Aniz' actions ever since he walked in the door (i.e., implying May cheated on him, faking a heart attack, and now all of THIS) I think I can summarize the current state of every DMFA reader in one smiley:
CONFUSED.

Judging from the Dark Doctor's lines when he's giving Dan his results, it would seem that 'Cubi often have several primary emotions - some inherited as a clan trait (pain for Dan) and others which are unique to the individual (for Dan, justice etc).

We don't know if Abel's affinity for confusion is inherited or individual.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

MT Hazard

The idea stuck me a while back that the cubi may be a purposely created (or controlled) race why else would they have a mark that stopped them from completely hiding their identity? Its a purpose built weakness I tell you.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

multani82

Quote from: MT Hazard on May 04, 2007, 04:42:00 AM
The idea stuck me a while back that the cubi may be a purposely created (or controlled) race why else would they have a mark that stopped them from completely hiding their identity? Its a purpose built weakness I tell you.
well they should have a weakness. We're talking about a race of creatures here that have the ability to use both light magic and dark magic, can live potentially longer than a demon or angel, and have FABULOUS fashion statments  :3.

Angel

And now, a clip of my spoken reaction:

"*GASP!* OH, that B******'s gonna die! .... But he is hot."

Seriously, I wanna slaughter Aniz right now. And glomp him. At the same time.
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

rabid_fox

Oh dear.

Angel

The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Zedd

Quote from: Black_angel on May 04, 2007, 01:27:05 PM
Quote from: rabid_fox on May 04, 2007, 01:25:14 PM

Slaughaglomp.

XD It's the ultimate love-hate relationship.

You should hear my storys then,you see my chars nobble history is a crazy one

Ted Schiller

Quote from: Doraion on May 04, 2007, 04:09:16 AM
(snip) grr ok will someone tell me how to get permission for out of character rping?!  T_T  I can't stand not having my other sides out like usual.

Unless there is something about "out of character role playing" that I don't understand, which is probably so, ^_^; there is always the Haunted Ballroom.

With regards,
Ted

Netami

I believe you either RP there or no where on these forums. Speculation of course, but when they made the move to this forum, the native inhabitants didn't like the idea of furries just yiffing it up all the time with their strange emotes. The only exception is Charles because he's been doing it the longest and we just sort of tune it out. Many other exceptions apply, generally having to do with how long you've been around and how little an annoyance your RP emote is.

Just... don't, really. Use emoticons!  :U

Damaris

PM the admins.  State your case.  We'll discuss and let you know.  I would suggest not PMing Amber though, as sometimes she forgets to let us know about things.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Damaris on May 04, 2007, 05:29:39 PM
PM the admins.  State your case.  We'll discuss and let you know.  I would suggest not PMing Amber though, as sometimes she forgets to let us know about things.

This is probably less to do with her forgetting, and more to do with her being busy making the comic...

... Some of us have no lives, but Amber isn't one of them. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 04, 2007, 04:22:05 AM
Judging from the Dark Doctor's lines when he's giving Dan his results, it would seem that 'Cubi often have several primary emotions - some inherited as a clan trait (pain for Dan) and others which are unique to the individual (for Dan, justice etc).

We don't know if Abel's affinity for confusion is inherited or individual.

Uh, I wasn't actually talking about that, I was just saying that thus far, Aniz' actions have made no sense to US whatsoever, and until Amber gets to the part where she has a good explanation for his motivation, (unless Aniz really IS just a criminally insane asshole) WE are all confused. Though that is a good point, Aniz might feed off of confusion like Abel, or he might not. If he does, then the characters must be many times more confused than we are, because they are the ones that all this is happening to.