Big whoop: Sony makes another idiotic mistake and then attempts to cover up.

Started by Aridas, April 29, 2007, 05:56:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Netami

As are plenty of people, but that doesn't mean you have to be a dick about it. Religious indignation knows no bounds! Once you get some people started about what they believe in, they are not going to stop until you either concede (not going to happen) or someone brings down the BAN HAMMAR! Not saying that this cute little fellow is the type of person to foam at the mouth, but keep it in mind.

No matter what you believe in, we're all a part of the same forum family! We are all petals falling into the wind of change!

OOOKAMA WAY!

crimson_wolf

i can't wait for this planet to just die...i really cant...and honestly i dought alot of things they say in the bible i really do so if i sounded stupid...sorry

oh and just so you know i never really went to any church my family pretty muched stalked me holding a bible ripping off whatever quote they could find to try to make me go with them so yea...it never happened and probobly never will...

no ones being a dick we all are entitled to an opinion...mine was just bad...this isnt the first time this has happened but im slowly learning to keep out of things that i would probobly respond dumbly to...this was one of them...and i didnt listen...

superluser

Ah!  I have found the reference!

Ezekiel 28:13, which reads:

You were in Eden, the garden of God; every precious stone was your covering, carnelian, chrysolite, and moonstone, beryl, onyx, and jasper, sapphire, turquoise, and emerald; and worked in gold were your settings and your engravings.

It's so obvious, why didn't I see it before?

P.S. Lucifer means ``light bringer.''  Satan (which isn't an exclusive term for the devil--see the book of Job, where God and ``a satan'' take bets on whether Job will betray God) means `adversary.'

Also: The Angel of Music is Lon Chaney.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Netami

Right! Thank you. People tie that to rock music or anything else media related. It's typical procedure, so I trust we don't have to sit and talk about legitimacy.   D:

crimson_wolf

erm...Wasn't this topic about sony's goat sacrifice thing i really think we should go back to that now...killing animals is bad yes...very very bad...and eating them raw is barbaric they should be punished.

bill

Alondro

Eating animals raw is a good way to get parasite infections!   D:  *pulls a 3-meter-long tapeworm from somewhere unmentionable!*  See?!   :yuck
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Slavkei

By the way, according to the article I read, there wasn'ta ctually food being taken out of the carcass. The soup was served in seperate containers, and the carcass was returned to the butcher shop it was borrowed from after the event.

Valynth

Quote from: Alondro on May 04, 2007, 10:22:27 AM
Eating animals raw is a good way to get parasite infections!   D:  *pulls a 3-meter-long tapeworm from somewhere unmentionable!*  See?!   :yuck

Actually, there are several animals humans can eat raw and not become infected with parasites simply because most parasite that infect the animal will either be destroyed in the human body or passed harmlessly through.  Seriously, tapeworms aren't the only parasites in existance and they don't infect every animal.  Plus you could just avoid eating the meat around the intestines.

Also, if the goat came form a butcher shop then its mode of death should be "humane," though to be honest death is death is death.  It happens, we profited from it, move along.
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Aridas

Quote from: Slavkei on May 04, 2007, 11:46:01 PM
By the way, according to the article I read, there wasn'ta ctually food being taken out of the carcass. The soup was served in seperate containers, and the carcass was returned to the butcher shop it was borrowed from after the event.
What does soup have to do with what they put inside that corpse?

lucas marcone

i belive what he is saying is that they put soup inside it and playtended that it was organs and offal and such

Alan Garou

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 30, 2007, 03:54:14 AM
Quote from: Valynth on April 30, 2007, 12:02:09 AM
FINALLY!  I'm not the only one that sees the self-perpetuating wheel of stupidy!

You never were. I just can't see the point in providing them with attention. Either party.
PETA keeps putting up tasteless, disturbing stickers in my local GoodWill. One of them shows an animal's skinned, bloody corpse, with the phrase "Fur: No skin off your back." Another one has a picture of a rabbit with a shaved leg with a patch on it claiming that it is the subject of inhumane experiments. Another shows a caged chimp (Obviously out of context) with a poem about it dying alone and in pain. They covered the soap dispenser with a fake warning sticker that reads "Warning: Animals Suffered to Make this Product." And they're putting these things in the children's section! Not only that, they put them on books so that if you try to take them off you rip the pages! WTF is wrong with these people? The stickers serve no purpose other than making people nauseous.

Aridas

I have an idea... Let's use these PETA members for testing! then we kill two birds with one stone, except without killing the birds, just potentially a bunch of stupid people!

lucas marcone

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on May 05, 2007, 10:53:26 AM
Umm, the article says it WAS offal.
the article was clearly biased and therefore NOT a reliable source. once you pick a side you will sometimes bend the truth in your favor such as

i see an an owner hitting its dog in a corrective manner to keep it from making number 2 on some mans lawn. now pretend i am a peta member. i an outraged by this act and therefore wish to write about it. insted of writeing
"today a man hit his dog in a corrective manner to keep it from makeing number two on a man's lawn"
i write
"OMG i saw this man rite? and he liek hit his dog FOR NO REASON! and like it makes me nmad n stuffs!
now do you see how the media can bend a story till you hear what they want you to?

bill

Quote from: lucas marcone on May 05, 2007, 10:09:04 PM
the article was clearly biased and therefore NOT a reliable source. once you pick a side you will sometimes bend the truth in your favor such as

i see an an owner hitting its dog in a corrective manner to keep it from making number 2 on some mans lawn. now pretend i am a peta member. i an outraged by this act and therefore wish to write about it. insted of writeing
"today a man hit his dog in a corrective manner to keep it from makeing number two on a man's lawn"
i write
"OMG i saw this man rite? and he liek hit his dog FOR NO REASON! and like it makes me nmad n stuffs!
now do you see how the media can bend a story till you hear what they want you to?
Dude, I highly doubt that the London Standard has anything to gain from hurting Sony.

Aridas

Quote from: lucas marcone on May 05, 2007, 10:09:04 PM

i write
And that makes YOU a reliable source for all the truth and righteousness? Get lost.

lucas marcone

i'm just saying some people will bend the truth like it or not.

bill

Quote from: lucas marcone on May 07, 2007, 06:16:42 AM
i'm just saying some people will bend the truth like it or not. i'm thriugh with this witch hunt i'm out of here.
So, that means that all newspapers are wrong? Or just the ones negitive about Sony?

lucas marcone

not wrong, misleading.  newspapers make money by people buying it right? they use shock to do so. are you going to buy a news paper that says everythings fine nothing to report or HURRICANE IN THE MID WEST 900000 killed?
in the same way are you going to buy a paper that says: "sony bought a dead goat from a butcher shop filled it with soup and pretended to eat out of it as if in a greek party promoteing god of war 2 ot are you going to buy: Slaughter: Horror at Sony's depraved promotion stunt with decapitated goat(copypasted)

Amber Williams

I think Lucas is trying to say that the magazine, like many things in the press, might be pushing a particular point of view(which may be biased) in the desire to shock-n-awe thus sell more copies.   And honestly, it does seem a bit "oh em gee! TEH HORROR!" and avoiding many potential questions like where did the goat come from, was it killed humanely, etc....but rather focused on a spectator point of view.

In this case, I could see a need for multiple sources and a more legal-boring version that focuses more on the hard facts rather than the emotional pull.

lucas marcone

Alondro

Quote from: lucas marcone on May 07, 2007, 06:08:31 PM
that is exactly what im trying to say thanks amber.

*Charles PETAs!*  LIES!!!  You bit the goat's head off yourself, didn't you! 

*newspaper article, 2 minutes later*  Forumite Lucas Marcone accused of biting goat head!  PETA says it's true, so it must be!  YOU WILL BELIEVE!!!

;)
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif