04/28/07 Abel's Story [84] Wow

Started by AndersW, April 28, 2007, 12:04:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manawolf

Still had to do it once the traditional style to get Abel, you know.  That's just how anthromorphic reproduction works.

techmaster-glitch

no, Cubi CAN'T moph like the Malgruym, otherwise Abel wouldn't have needed to get his wing magically sewed back on by RJ. And no, I have never heard of a freaking glory hole, whatever the hell that is. (and don't even try to blame me for that, I am always so annoyed whenever someone accuses me of not knowing something, but if no one has ever told me before, then how the hell is it my fault?)

Quote from: Manawolf on April 30, 2007, 12:17:50 AM
Still had to do it once the traditional style to get Abel, you know.  That's just how anthromorphic reproduction works.
is that in response to Netami, or me? If me, what the hell is that supposed to mean?

Netami

He means they had to have sex for a child to be born. That's how animals work, you need to have sex. SEX!

And again, that scene was probably for comedic effect. Why would you base a theory on one little section of a joke strip instead of waiting to hear it from the horse's mouth! What cubi can and cannot do as far as transformations go is a question that should be answered only by the creator of the race. Or the donation bar.  :rolleyes

Fuyudenki

[edit]Apparently, if I'm not an admin, I can't warn people that talking about off-topic material in a thread might be a bad idea.  My bad.[/edit]

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Netami on April 30, 2007, 12:24:37 AM
He means they had to have sex for a child to be born. That's how animals work, you need to have sex. SEX!
Ok, i know THAT, jesus, i meant, what does it have to do with not seeing the mark at some point?

Quote from: Netami on April 30, 2007, 12:24:37 AM
And again, that scene was probably for comedic effect. Why would you base a theory on one little section of a joke strip instead of waiting to hear it from the horse's mouth!
I doubt that was a jokestrip, because RJ was busy healing him for TWO strips. If Cubi realy are ubermorphers, why would they even have a medical ward, let alone medics??

Netami

Quote from: Fuyudenki on April 30, 2007, 12:29:32 AM
you're better off not knowing.  Barring that, if we take this conversational line any further, we're going to get banned, so let's just stuff all the sex-related commentary in a very deep, dark corner, and forget about it.

Sex is a natural act, and we're discussing the idea of it's outcome, not the dirty little details. Shove a brick in it, you're not an admin! Regardless of what theories you have about how long Cid has been Aniz or if Cid ever was really a real person, the fact is that he had to fornicate with May at one point or another!

And glitch, you'd be surprised how often serious strips are to be taken lightly and how many joke strips are completely serious. And what does sex have to do with seeing the mark? I dunno. Maybe it's on the bottom of a foot, sheesh. I was just interjecting how certain cultures function  :ipod

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Netami on April 30, 2007, 12:33:09 AM
...how often serious strips are to be taken lightly and how many joke strips are completely serious.
two oxymorons, and neither of them make sense.

Netami

techmaster-glitch

Oh come on. I know alot of things here are done for jokes, but aside from the "what makes a comic great" arc which was officially declared non-canon, how many times has Amber pulled a conflicting joke? On the first pages of this very freaking thread someone with firsthand experience described just how much of a detail-freak the real Amber really is.

Netami

Yeah, and at the same time she often deals with serious subjects in a joking manner while other times making serious statements when it's just fluff and sunshine. Even if she was inserting some real-life physics into the joke that was Abel getting the tar beaten out of him during the end of the SAIA arc, it seems like a very small amount of proof to base your conclusions on.

techmaster-glitch

Exactly, she put a joking spin on pretty much everything, even serious subjects, but they are still serious-and true "Oh come on! They're breaking up! It's not funny!" And like I've already said, if cubi really could ubermorph, they wouldn't be as popular adventurer fodder as they are, and I REEEAAALLY doubt the average adventuring party would take them like this:

http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_708.php

Netami

That's a dangerous maxim to live by, but I'll let you continue to think that way because I respect you.  :hug

Manawolf

YOu must hate a lot of comedians if you believe that.

techmaster-glitch

Who, me? I like comedians. Used to be one myself.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Fuyudenki on April 30, 2007, 12:29:32 AM
[edit]Apparently, if I'm not an admin, I can't warn people that talking about off-topic material in a thread might be a bad idea.  My bad.[/edit]

Actually, you can, provided you're suggesting, not telling.

Telling people what to do should be left for admins or offensive morons. Try not to be either, and you'll likely be ok :-]

As far as the regeneration of lost limbs goes, I believe I've seen something somewhere that Cubi have "fairly good regeneration capabilities", so if they lost a limb, it would, eventually, grow back. However, I can't recall off the top of my head where that might be, and, since it might well be non-canon, that leaves us with no further satisfaction than we had before I started talking.

... -I- feel better, though. :-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

superluser

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 30, 2007, 04:18:11 AMActually, you can, provided you're suggesting, not telling.

Telling people what to do should be left for admins or offensive morons. Try not to be either, and you'll likely be ok :-]

I suggest things occasionally (though I make it clear that I'm not a mod).  In fact, I would have typically phrased my comment to Zedd slightly differently (something like, ``I'm no mod, but that doesn't look like RPing'').

But there are a lot of newbies, and I could see that this was going to get very confusing, very quickly.

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 30, 2007, 04:18:11 AMAs far as the regeneration of lost limbs goes, I believe I've seen something somewhere that Cubi have "fairly good regeneration capabilities", so if they lost a limb, it would, eventually, grow back. However, I can't recall off the top of my head where that might be, and, since it might well be non-canon, that leaves us with no further satisfaction than we had before I started talking.

Your search-fu is weak.  (This one might be even better)

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: superluser on April 30, 2007, 08:23:09 AM
But there are a lot of newbies, and I could see that this was going to get very confusing, very quickly.

Indeed. Which is one of the reasons I was so happy to see Damaris step in and clear things up. :-]

Quote from: superluser on April 30, 2007, 08:23:09 AM
Your search-fu is weak.  (This one might be even better)

I didn't search, being a bit pushed for time at the time. If I had, I would have run across this... :-P

Thanks for saving me the effort, though...

Fuyudenki

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 30, 2007, 04:18:11 AM

Actually, you can, provided you're suggesting, not telling.

This is true, my original post was entirely too forceful.

That said, I suspect the response would have been the same, but that conversational train is off-topic AND done with, so I will refrain from my philosophical response to it.

Aleolus

Ok, who saw that coming?  I sure didn't.

multani82

Quote from: Aleolus on April 30, 2007, 11:08:43 AM
Ok, who saw that coming?  I sure didn't.
Im sure NOONE saw that one comming....wait..we're still talking about the comic right?  :erk

Angel

..................... :erk
..................................... :O
(tries several times to form some sort of word, but keeps stuttering and looking confused) B....s........g...a......n..... :mowdizzy

The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Raire

Quote from: Black_angel on April 30, 2007, 12:39:59 PM
..................... :erk
..................................... :O
(tries several times to form some sort of word, but keeps stuttering and looking confused) B....s........g...a......n..... :mowdizzy

I know.

You're kind of late if you just read the comic though XD We have twelve pages, and tempers are running high.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Raire on April 30, 2007, 01:35:01 PM
You're kind of late if you just read the comic though XD We have twelve pages, and tempers are running high.

Oh, I think it's almost entirely indisputable that the administrators have managed to pour the forum-wise equivalent of a few barrels of icy cold water down the necks of the various instigators of the elevated temperatures and pulse rates. At least, one would hope that we've managed to cool the running battle down a bit :-]

Raire

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 30, 2007, 01:49:31 PM
Oh, I think it's almost entirely indisputable that the administrators have managed to pour the forum-wise equivalent of a few barrels of icy cold water down the necks of the various instigators of the elevated temperatures and pulse rates. At least, one would hope that we've managed to cool the running battle down a bit :-]
Thankfully (and fortunately for them) they haven't received the icy chill of doom that freezes instigators in their paces that Amber can be.

But then, that is what admins do. Bottle explosions. No wait, that sounds like a lame merchandising logo, next thing we know we'd have a campaign along the lines of "admins selling the bottled explosion! Release at home and take cover!" or something.

... Oops, I wandered off topic again.

Tapewolf

Regarding Superluser's "evil May" theory, here's a few points that occurred to me.

If she was also a succubus it would explain Abel's bat-wings, since Aniz appears to be entirely feathered.
It's also quite interesting that someone tries to kill Abel mere days after his mother notices his clan-mark (using the theory that May is Kria's instructor and the whole thing was a hit), but it leaves the question of why she would want to kill her son... unless of course she's realised that it's Aniz' clanmark and not hers.
Of course if this is the case, it means she's a damn good actress when she was helping Hennya, and when Abel returns.  I'm not sure her thinking "Shit!  The little bastard survived!" quite accounts for her panic...

Either way, Abel's going to be left in an undefined mental state - discovering that both his parents were evil monsters in disguise would also account for his shapeshifting hangup.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Netami

Quote from: Raire on April 30, 2007, 01:54:55 PM
Thankfully (and fortunately for them) they haven't received the icy chill of doom that freezes instigators in their paces that Amber can be.

But then, that is what admins do. Bottle explosions. No wait, that sounds like a lame merchandising logo, next thing we know we'd have a campaign along the lines of "admins selling the bottled explosion! Release at home and take cover!" or something.

... Oops, I wandered off topic again.

I didn't see anything meriting icy cold water, you guys are wimps! But I sure could go for some right about now... *gra-- Oh wait, I can't RP mundane actions because it is pointless and annoying! Perhaps I could... emoticon my way to victory... 

:cheers

Behold! Beer!

EDIT: Ugh, off-topic there. Umm.. ABEL'S DAD IS HOT.

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 30, 2007, 02:01:43 PM
Regarding Superluser's "evil May" theory, here's a few points that occurred to me.

If she was also a succubus it would explain Abel's bat-wings, since Aniz appears to be entirely feathered.
It's also quite interesting that someone tries to kill Abel mere days after his mother notices his clan-mark (using the theory that May is Kria's instructor and the whole thing was a hit), but it leaves the question of why she would want to kill her son... unless of course she's realised that it's Aniz' clanmark and not hers.
Of course if this is the case, it means she's a damn good actress when she was helping Hennya, and when Abel returns.  I'm not sure her thinking "Shit!  The little bastard survived!" quite accounts for her panic...

Either way, Abel's going to be left in an undefined mental state - discovering that both his parents were evil monsters in disguise would also account for his shapeshifting hangup.

The only problem with May being a Succubus is, that offspring will generally take after the Being parent, and Abel has clearly taken after May. At this point, though, I doubt that the Aniz jerksh*t is Abel's real father anyway.

Tapewolf

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on April 30, 2007, 02:12:11 PM
The only problem with May being a Succubus is, that offspring will generally take after the Being parent, and Abel has clearly taken after May. At this point, though, I doubt that the Aniz jerksh*t is Abel's real father anyway.
We don't know what happens if both parents are 'cubi.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Raire

Quote from: Netami on April 30, 2007, 02:06:19 PM
EDIT: Ugh, off-topic there. Umm.. ABEL'S DAD IS HOT.
And my friends ask me why my foot is one big scratch-scar. I scared my puppy laughing again. >> umm, I think I'm going to walk limp away for my first aid kit.

But... yeah, Aniz is hot.

But evil the :censored

[Edit]

I always wondered why Abel was so clearly taking after his mother's side. I actually did wonder if somehow Abel wasn't Cid's son... eye color so clearly not the same, not the hair, the fur, though nothing but the green eye shows the different heritage. I might note that both green and blue eyes are more recessive then Cid's brownish- hazel eyes. That is without addressing Aniz, who has friggin red eyes.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Raire on April 30, 2007, 01:54:55 PM

*cough* Amber is a cuddly fuzzy bunny compared to Darkmoon.

When Damaris gets invoked, she makes Darkmoon look like a mow gumming on your foot. Trust me. :-]