7/15/06 - Gehy Sechs

Started by bill, July 14, 2006, 08:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiger_T

You should go see a doctor with that cough of yours, Dakata. :P

<speculation time>
What if Xander is the 'monster'? (unknown to Devin)
Tigriel's got a guest:

A Furry fan, that's what I am! - Proud member of the AP-Team. - Avatar Art by INK

blade

Really love Devin's tail as it's curled in laughter.

Arcalane

Quote from: Ink on July 15, 2006, 08:04:10 AM
One should consider Devin's and Xander's relationship, outside of adventuring.

Quite.  :laugh

Dakata

What cough, Tiger_T? :P

*The nawty-pic is invisible-y! Gasp!*

(Edit: Editting because I know I'm a bad draggy...and I doubt I'll be able to edit later (after a mod yells at me X3) because I have to go somewhere where there's a crappy computer. D: *Waaah*)

bill

Quote from: Dakata on July 15, 2006, 02:07:31 PM

My inner pervert made me do it. D:
*Bangs head against desk*

Kenji

Quote from: Dakata on July 15, 2006, 02:07:31 PM

My inner pervert made me do it. D:

Your innie is quite easily an outy.

ITOS

This forum is really stretching the rules on how much perv you may be...

I'm not sure I like it... :|
This generic comment was brought to you by:

bill

Mabye I should have picked a different subtitle for the thread.

Amber Williams

I have to agree. Abel's Story may be NC-14, but it doesnt mean every post has to be pushing into that fact.  I gave the more lax rating for AS discussions in case people felt the need to comment on the language some of the characters use, not so that people could run free and perverted at leisure.

Zedd

Amen Amber...*hands her a huge cookie*

Tapewolf

If Xander is a Creature, what would he be?  I'd be assuming he's some kind of demon.

Angels always seem to have wings, and always feathered, so we can rule that out.  Incubi can hide their wings, but they seem to be pretty rare at this point, or at least well-disguised since Abel's own family don't seem to know about them (or at least won't admit to knowing).

I'm curious about demon wings, though - chiefly that Kria and Lorenda don't have them.
AFAIK they are the only examples to date of wingless demons.  Patches don't seem to be available yet, and I'm pretty sure only 'cubi have the shapeshifter powers.  I did wonder if Kria had actually been de-winged by her family, but unless Lorenda skipped the wing gene, it doesn't explain her.

If there is a wingless subspecies of demon, that might be what Xander is.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Netami

I'm sure there are species of demons without wings (or similar mythos species if demons cannot not have wings), though I am sure they wouldn't hide them if they had them since most demons would be proud of every aspect of their body and power. Or so the stereotype seems to go.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Netami on July 15, 2006, 06:53:01 PM
I'm sure there are species of demons without wings (or similar mythos species if demons cannot not have wings), though I am sure they wouldn't hide them if they had them since most demons would be proud of every aspect of their body and power. Or so the stereotype seems to go.
Depends on their lifestyle, I guess.  Kria wanted Lorenda to be able to blend in with her prey.  She probably got that notion from her family.  If she was mutilated it might have been because her family wanted her to blend.  (Humans have been known to do horrible things like that.)

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Wildy

Quote from: Tapewolf on July 15, 2006, 06:50:58 PM
Incubi can hide their wings, but they seem to be pretty rare at this point, or at least well-disguised since Abel's own family don't seem to know about them (or at least won't admit to knowing).

Well considering that Xander is an Adventurer if he was an Incubus he would most likely want to keep his wings hidden as to not be singled out and targeted. Seeing as how it is an adventurer's job to get rid of the more evil creatures (Even if he's not bad he'd still likely be singled out) So keeping the cubi aspect secret would be more to his advantage. And safer for him.

Netami

I think it'd be a little out of character for a cubi-in-disguise to just blatantly ask about someone's clan sign unless: 1. He didn't know what clan signs were, 2. Many types of creatures have clan signs besides cubi, 3. That's part of his hiding plan, be the first man to point it out to seem inconspicuous.

Wildy

Hmm. If I remember correctly I don't -think- cubi can hide their clan symbol.. But if Abel's clan is a rare one the symbol may not be widely known about. Thus asking about a strange design might not be as blantant as it seems. Sure Xander could have a little insight and have a purpose in asking (Thinking it may be a clan symbol) Or he's just curious. Also, if he sort of grew up with Able as far as he knows Able is not a cubi. Seeing as how his mom and dad seem normal, his dad even being an adventurer. Same as with Cindy. They didn't think twice about her having a third eye in her hand. Didn't call her a creature for that because the knew her background. Sort of the same thing may go for Abel as well.

All musings here. Mindless speculation and apologies if it sounds repetitive. =D I can't tell sometimes on my own part.

Gabi

Quote from: Wildy on July 15, 2006, 07:39:19 PM
Hmm. If I remember correctly I don't -think- cubi can hide their clan symbol..
They can... if they cover it with something like clothes or paint. They can't change it by shapeshifting, but they can hide it by normal means.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Manawolf

It's concealable, but not mutable.  I wonder something.  If you Stripped off that area of your flesh (I mean just a full shave off) would the symbol grow back with the skin?

Netami

Like if they got amputated or just a bad scab or scar? Hmm, good question.

Amber Williams

1: Most creatures can regenerate limbs with enough time/magic.  It would take a particular clan or a particular act of desparation though for a Cubi to willingly rip off a limb or area of flesh to hide their marking in that method, and even then it would take a lot of force of will to maintain hiding their wings/headwings as their body would naturally want to send its energy into regeneration and healing rather than maintaining a disguise.

2:  Patches are simply a combination of magic and technology used to create a physical illusion of sorts.  The amazing aspect of them would be the combination and also that they can be applied to anyone regardless of how much magical energy they possess.  That doesn't mean that the concept of using a device to hide ones physical form has never existed...just that one has to have a pretty powerful magic device and a good capability of using magic to power it. 

Oy...I really should update Demonoloyg 101 with something on patches. I'm retarded.

Netami

Well throw hiding out of the picture. If they lose the limb that their symbol is on, they're suddenly symbol-less, right? The symbol doesnt have any powers tied to it, does it? If it's just a mark of tribe, then I guess we have our answer already.

If cubi can live thousands of years and kill most any being with the flick of a wrist, I think they could control their own regeneration powers and live among normies for a long time, though possibly gimped from the amputation,

Amber Williams

The symbol isn't like Samson's hair or anything. If you are fighting a cubi, hitting the symbol isn't a weak point that automatically cripples them. But there are some connections the symbol has to the clan and the energy that the clan gets.  This goes triply so if there is a founder still alive.  The thing is, regeneration is not something that is fully controllable, much like if you get cut, the wound heals whether or not you will it to.  The most you can do is pick at it...but the body will try to heal on its own.  While some Cubi likely could find a way to control the regeneration, for most its just a natural reaction to damage as Cubi bodies have a tendency to want to remain as whole as possible.

Netami

Oh good. Nothing to get to a cubi more in a fight than bring up the fact that it's not in control of itself. I can imagine an adventure really pissing a six thousand year old creature completely confident in his or her power by mentioning such a thing. Of course, that's probably quickly followed by decapitation and soul wretching, but STILL.

As for Abel, his clan is so lame that losing his symbol would probably only be a boon. Unless there's some creepy Highlander shit going down where if you're the only one left in your clan you can like, RESTART IT with powers. Or just have kids...

Whatever.

Magic

Interesting how Daniel Ti'fiona recovered from a fatal wound to the gut so fast.
True Magic does not bow down to rules like mana or sacrifice. True Magic bends all rules. I have seen the truth. I am now free forever. (I used to be Doctor Ink. Now stop asking.)

Zorro

Perhaps wingless Demons are a subspecies called Devils that have some differences such as possibly calmer temperament's and a tendency towards elaborate planning?

Just an Idea.   :twisted

Netami

Quote from: Ink on July 15, 2006, 11:18:23 PM
Interesting how Daniel Ti'fiona recovered from a fatal wound to the gut so fast.

You and your damn factoids that may or may not be relevant to the issue at hand.

Quote from: Zorro on July 15, 2006, 11:25:07 PM
Perhaps wingless Demons are a subspecies called Devils that have some differences such as possibly calmer temperament's and a tendency towards elaborate planning?

Just an Idea.   :twisted

As far as what I read, they're called Angels. Though I honestly can't see an ENTIRE species being a certain way besides physical matters. Granted most every freaking Cubi we've seen is eccentric and totally emotional based, I really can't imagine demons being completely forward in their actions and all angels being sneaky, planning types.

Azlan

Angel's and demons have personality archtypes of a sort, a fair majority of them are quite like how they are described as a whole, but there can be a few who are also different.  What is said about the Angels and Demons are generalizations... not unlike "men do not ask for directions".  They seem to embody a particular trait, with deviations outside that norm being like an aberration   

As for cubi clans, many of them don't have a traditional founder... some cubi paired up and split off to form their own, some have lost the original founder, etc.  All the original clan founders were tri-wing cubi, as they had sufficient power to support a clan.  A clan can continue without its founder, and it stands to reason that among the remaining members, it is possible for one or two to amass enough power to assume the position of its leader.

To maintain the clan, one must have descendents.  Abel's... wait nevermind.  Anyways, the members of the clan build its numbers... there is an interesting fact about tri-wings that I'd love to say, but I don't know if I should...

"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Netami

...What was I gonna say?

Magic

Don't. It's not yet time for that, Azlan. Amber's still taking her time with the story thus far; They're not taking it as it really is, and we should keep it that way.

* The fox invades Netami's mind, and erases all recent information.

[/foxconspiracy]
True Magic does not bow down to rules like mana or sacrifice. True Magic bends all rules. I have seen the truth. I am now free forever. (I used to be Doctor Ink. Now stop asking.)

Amber Williams

You know...I'm getting kinda miffed about people who I thought was ok to talk to going around acting aloof and rubbing it in peoples faces that they "know something others don't know" 

Especially when half the time, I am not even sure what the heck they're going on about since I probably forgot what the big secret info was in the first place.

*edited for my sucky 6AM spelling*