4/25/07 Furrae Fashion 3

Started by Roureem Egas, April 24, 2007, 09:57:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kaskar

Quote from: RobbieThe1st on April 26, 2007, 08:00:08 AM
Even more than that http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_385.php As you can see, Aary is manipulating the cloth, so either, it is a part of her in which case she would technically be naked. If you say that its something she created out of thin air, sure, thats fine, but, on a little bit different tact, http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_587.php
Hm... It seems cubi dont wear anything below there outer layer, or at least Aary didn't im seriously doubting that people would gape like that if she was in her underwear...

Meh... I had a couple more theory's I wanted to add, but I forgot them :(

Discuss!      I just was wondering how the Cubi,  (e.g. Abel), "modify" the fabrics to the various tastes, and needs, in colour, type, and texture, etc ... ,  for the end user ... Also, how do the fabrics interreact with the end user ... etc ...

-Robbie

8) Just Hanging Around ...

Prof B Hunnydew

Quote from: Vidar on April 25, 2007, 05:05:02 PM
Quote from: RJ on April 25, 2007, 06:20:01 AM
Quote from: Fex on April 25, 2007, 01:58:51 AM
hopefully we get underwear next  >:3 gaaaaaah *drools*

Underwear? Why bother?

So you don't create skidmarks on your good clothes?
Or maybe to better entice your significant other, if said underwear is a) all you wear and b) flimsy, full of sequins, and see-through in strategic places?

Ah even Female naturist want to have wear a pair of pantys a few days every month it is sign of respect to others...

Sport bras are really needed for active big busted gals while playing sports.  Lets see, if you can walk after being hit in the chest by two basketballs constantly for five minutes or more.?

:mowmeep
PBH

Rythak

Quote from: ShiningShadow on April 26, 2007, 07:35:30 AM
Hows about Abel in a thong who's up for that?

Anywho if these questions can't be answered then my head wil explode. >:3

/signed

superluser

Quote from: Prof B Hunnydew on April 26, 2007, 09:22:48 AMSport bras are really needed for active big busted gals while playing sports.  Lets see, if you can walk after being hit in the chest by two basketballs constantly for five minutes or more.?

Diameter of an NCAA basketball is roughly 10".  I think that would make it an E cup.

Maybe softballs would be a better analogy?

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Fuyudenki

10" diameter?  I think the only women I've seen with the kind of bustline-girth for that have had a disturbing amount of girth in other places, too.  I concur, softballs are probably a more reasonable description.(and harder, too!  That would be more painful.)

Personally, I think the human body looks better with clothes on it.  Clothes are decorations, like pictures and paint on the wall, or the decorations on your Christmas tree, or the wallpaper on your computer desktop.  It can accentuate colors and features, alter the outline, and even improve the shape, while being functional as well, for protection from the elements(and in my case, the sidewalk!  A simple pair of blue jeans provides a surprising amount of armored protection.)

ShiningShadow

Quote from: Fuyudenki on April 26, 2007, 12:04:47 PM
10" diameter?  I think the only women I've seen with the kind of bustline-girth for that have had a disturbing amount of girth in other places, too.  I concur, softballs are probably a more reasonable description.(and harder, too!  That would be more painful.)

Personally, I think the human body looks better with clothes on it.  Clothes are decorations, like pictures and paint on the wall, or the decorations on your Christmas tree, or the wallpaper on your computer desktop.  It can accentuate colors and features, alter the outline, and even improve the shape, while being functional as well, for protection from the elements(and in my case, the sidewalk!  A simple pair of blue jeans provides a surprising amount of armored protection.)

Well played warrior :bow :cheers.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Fuyudenki on April 26, 2007, 12:04:47 PM

Not necessarily. I'll admit the vast majority, but I -have- had some friends (now, sadly, in a different country, and I've lost touch) who have friends who are, to put it mildly, basketballs on an ironing board in build. Back problems are just a -starting- point.

Remember, if you're wearing basketballs, they're going to -pull away- when they reach the end of each and -every- swing. That's gotta hurt, over and above the being hit by them... :-/
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Zedd

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 26, 2007, 07:35:07 AM
*groan*

Well played, kaskar, well played. :-]

Thats why we dont ask him to sing for sick children

Prof B Hunnydew

Quote from: superluser on April 26, 2007, 11:51:12 AM
Quote from: Prof B Hunnydew on April 26, 2007, 09:22:48 AMSport bras are really needed for active big busted gals while playing sports.  Lets see, if you can walk after being hit in the chest by two basketballs constantly for five minutes or more.?

Diameter of an NCAA basketball is rougly 10".  I think that would make it an E cup.

Maybe softballs would be a better analogy?

Well, I was thinking of weight more than size... They sure feels like basketballs, after awhile    And They do hurt with each change of motion... Up, down, side to side and each colllide, but it does not stop me from relaxing in just the fur.....

:mowcookie
PBH 

Fuyudenki

That reminds me... Whether factual or fictional, I have grown amused by the way Amazons dealt with the whole "These bloody things keep getting in my way!" problem.  Sure, most guys would be left speechless at the idea of an amputation of that sort, but I have to admire the direct approach.

Makes me wonder if some of them ended up a bit lopsided, though.  If you were a double-D, would you cut the other one off, too, so you didn't always lean to the left? :3

superluser

Quote from: Prof B Hunnydew on April 26, 2007, 06:26:39 PMWell, I was thinking of weight more than size... They sure feels like basketballs, after awhile

For some reason, I thought that softballs would weigh more, but it seems they don't.

Brunhidden

Many of the women i see tend to lean towards 'large grapefruit' or 'medium sized apple' endowments, very few in between and anything more is usually 'i have my own climate so the size of my breasts can only be found with a set of bookmarks' kind of woman.

back to the original topic for me...

To me this sounds very similar to the problems Casey Young had designing clothing for his creations Kuvrahks  found on http://www.altermeta.net/

Ive talked to him at length and several solutions presented themselves. the first is like the ones we see here, others involve the fact that Kuvrahks were extremely happy the day that elastic straps were first mass produced. but the peak of comfort, fashion, and easy to wear tail fashion was the 'tail skirt' as can be seen here
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/45796685/?qo=15&q=by%3Anoben&qh=sort%3Atime+-in%3Ascraps

The idea is similar to the velcro/button/zipper apparatus we have seen so far, except that the hole is much larger and there is no fastener. the hole is larger so its quick and easy to thread the tail through, and your booty is covered up by a short piece of cloth suspended from your belt. this skirt is not very long, not very heavy, and can actually be fashionable by using different colors or fabric designs. In addition this design is very useful for those of thick or stiff tails as it is far more resistant to the upward pressure the tail would exert when the subject is sitting- the velcro/button/zipper deal on mabs pants would bust if a Kuvrahk, reptile, or draconian wearer sat down, but is otherwise well suited for the more fluffy tails found in Furrae

QuoteThis shameless self promotion has been brought to you by HenchCo! the leading supplier of loyal minions for over sixty years
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

ShiningShadow

Then my next question is there such a thing as sports bras in Furrae?
or they have nothing but corsets all over the place.
I know, I know talking about female breasts again. >:3

superluser

Quote from: ShiningShadow on April 27, 2007, 04:11:34 PMThen my next question is there such a thing as sports bras in Furrae?

I'm imagining Women's Lacrosse in corsets (especially the ones that don't provide any support).  Sounds like fun!  And comfortable!

Prof B Hunnydew

Quote from: superluser on April 27, 2007, 04:58:03 PM
Quote from: ShiningShadow on April 27, 2007, 04:11:34 PMThen my next question is there such a thing as sports bras in Furrae?

I'm imagining Women's Lacrosse in corsets (especially the ones that don't provide any support).  Sounds like fun!  And comfortable!

Yea fun for who... the fans or the players...

Look "sport" Bras have been around longer then corsets or modern Bras... Ancient women banded or wrap their breast in cloth when fashion or culture started to require it, like a tube top.  Corsets started as little more than a band of soft leather and laces to keep the breast in place when working in the fields.    

If Furrae has velcro, they would have Modern sport bras...

PBH

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Prof B Hunnydew on April 28, 2007, 08:12:44 AM

.. I'm wondering, actually, if we'll ever see anyone with more than one pair. No, not like -that- - I'm thinking more in terms of structural integrity of the system as a whole.

I mean, sports bras are more likely to turn up if you've got more than one set to keep track of, no?

Prof B Hunnydew

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 28, 2007, 11:43:37 AM

.. I'm wondering, actually, if we'll ever see anyone with more than one pair. No, not like -that- - I'm thinking more in terms of structural integrity of the system as a whole.

I mean, sports bras are more likely to turn up if you've got more than one set to keep track of, no?

Well, besides Alexsi, we mainly see "magical" female creatures whose assets seem to defy the laws of Newton most of the time...but I will not read too much into the comic.  I mean most of the cast would seem to have only one outfit or the same type and color outfits all the time.  Beside a change of "wardrobe" once every few years...   Jyrras and Alexsi seem to be the only one who change what color clothes they wear between appearances...

PBH

superluser

Quote from: superluser on April 27, 2007, 04:58:03 PMI'm imagining Women's Lacrosse in corsets (especially the ones that don't provide any support).  Sounds like fun!  And comfortable!
Yea fun for who... the fans or the players...

That's why I went back and added ``And comfortable!'' to make it clear that I was being sarcastic.

Cvstos

It's little details like this that truly give depth to a story.  Bravo, Amber.  I'm thoroughly impressed by your attention to detail! 
"The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them." - Albert Einstein

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." -Albert Einstein

RobbieThe1st

hm... it looks like what i said is atleast partially correct...
QuoteThe symbol can be covered by regular clothing, it wont shine through it or anything like that. As such it can be obscured by pants or a shirt or a scarf or whatever...unless the "clothing" is in fact a cuby-transfmorphing article.

Say a cubi has a marking on her arm like aaryanna. She can change her looks to anything she wants, but always on her left shoulder there will be a purple moon, even if she "morphs" a sleeve over it...it will appear as if its the shirt design. However if she was to put on a regular cotton shirt, it would cover over it.
(taken from Here)
That definitely seems to indicate that the morphed 'clothing' would infact be clothing parts, if they were morphed, and not real clothes. This would indicate that the dress Abel ripped off Aary in #587 would have to be real. However, as one of the comics mentioned, Cubi do buy and wear real clothes. Hm... That being said, how can you tell if a Cubi is in morphed clothes or real ones?

/end crazy rant

-Robbie

Pasteris.ttf <- Pasteris is the font used for text in DMFA.

Fuyudenki

2 ways.

1: look for a clan marking showing through their real clothes(may not work)
2: rip 'em off.  If the cubi shouts "ow!" and kills you, they were morphed.

I think if you're going to wander around Furrae, you should probably just have some lawbook pages memorized and run them through your head occasionally to throw off any potential cubi.  I choose the official Magic:The Gathering rulebook.(specifically, the portions on protection from attribute, flying, blocking, targeting, and trample.)

Roureem Egas

Quote from: Fuyudenki on April 29, 2007, 02:27:56 PM
2 ways.

I think if you're going to wander around Furrae, you should probably just have some lawbook pages memorized and run them through your head occasionally to throw off any potential cubi.  I choose the official Magic:The Gathering rulebook.(specifically, the portions on protection from attribute, flying, blocking, targeting, and trample.)

Is there a really important reason for that?

Reese Tora

Quote from: RobbieThe1st on April 29, 2007, 07:34:26 AM
QuoteThe symbol can be covered by regular clothing, it wont shine through it or anything like that. As such it can be obscured by pants or a shirt or a scarf or whatever...unless the "clothing" is in fact a cuby-transfmorphing article.

Say a cubi has a marking on her arm like aaryanna. She can change her looks to anything she wants, but always on her left shoulder there will be a purple moon, even if she "morphs" a sleeve over it...it will appear as if its the shirt design. However if she was to put on a regular cotton shirt, it would cover over it.
(taken from Here)
That definitely seems to indicate that the morphed 'clothing' would infact be clothing parts, if they were morphed, and not real clothes. This would indicate that the dress Abel ripped off Aary in #587 would have to be real. However, as one of the comics mentioned, Cubi do buy and wear real clothes. Hm... That being said, how can you tell if a Cubi is in morphed clothes or real ones?

/end crazy rant

-Robbie

This is why 'cubi should be creative, make thier morph-clothing the same color as the marking, incorporate the marking into the pattern of the clothes, add to the marking so it isn't recognizable as such, whatever.
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Fuyudenki

Quote from: Roureem Egas on April 29, 2007, 02:47:42 PM
Quote from: Fuyudenki on April 29, 2007, 02:27:56 PM
2 ways.

Is there a really important reason for that?

two, actually.
1: it keeps me sharp on the MTG rules I use the most
2: the look on the bored-out-of-his-mind cubi's face was priceless.

Other than that, I just view it like locking your house when you leave.  I doubt anyone's actually going to break in, and I don't have much that's of real value(plenty of sentimental value, but nothing worth stealing), but it's a good idea anyway, just in case, and thinking "When you cast a spell, it gets put on the stack until the stack resolves, at which point spells are removed from the stack and resolve individually..." occasionally isn't horribly obtrusive or rude, if you're just doing it to bore anyone out of interest.

Aurawyn

Quote from: Reese Tora on April 29, 2007, 02:48:53 PM
Quote from: RobbieThe1st on April 29, 2007, 07:34:26 AM

(taken from Here)

/end crazy rant

-Robbie

This is why 'cubi should be creative, make thier morph-clothing the same color as the marking, incorporate the marking into the pattern of the clothes, add to the marking so it isn't recognizable as such, whatever.

Exactly..  If Aary had wanted to hide her clan marking she could have shifted her fur to the same shade of purple.. or given herself "Spots" of different shapes and sizes so that her clan marking didn't stand out so  much.. Or she could have morphed a shirt with a purple moon pattern over it.. not hard to figure out ;)

ShiningShadow

Have any Cubi use their clan mark to a design in the clothing they morphed into. That will be a cool fashion statement. Or get killed by the opposing Cubi in the process. >:3

RobbieThe1st

I wonder... if you made a round spot of the same color as your symbol on precisely the same spot, so, if the symbol is red, you have a bit larger red circle around it. That should make it impossible to see the actual shape of your symbol. However, would that work, or would there be some sort of normal outline around the symbol to prevent Cubi from doing just that?

*is probly not making much sense - im tired*

-Robbie

Pasteris.ttf <- Pasteris is the font used for text in DMFA.

llearch n'n'daCorna

It makes sense, Robbie. In fact, it's something I've wondered about as well. On the other hand, Amber has said "It's magic" so I suspect there's some subtle way around it - eg, the mark itself will reverse colour patterns, or something, soas to make the attempt a failure.

I'm sure we can come up with all sorts of interesting ways of breaking the interesting ways we have of hiding the mark... :-]

(I do like the shirt pattern idea, though.)

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 01, 2007, 07:50:02 AM
(I do like the shirt pattern idea, though.)
So do I.  It's given me some interesting ideas for my writings.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

Purloined Letter type thing?

The problem I had with the idea was that, assuming we're talking "magical interference" type thing, what you're likely to find is that the -real- thing changes colour on you or something, so it stands out.

At which point you start getting into Hawaiian shirts and the like... Anyone for a rainbow of sigils all over the shirt? :-] (coming up with a way of breaking -that- thought is a bit tricky, though...) Or starting to think about making patterns out of patterns - using the Cubi clan mark as a "stamp" to make patterns on the shirt out of, Escher style... I'm thinking "Drawing Hands" or "Day & Night" or "Metamorphose I" or "Sky & Water I" sort of thing. (If you're lost, http://www.worldofescher.com/gallery/ may help)