4-23-2007 [778] Axing for it

Started by Manawolf, April 22, 2007, 11:58:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rt

I thought something looked a bit different in Mab and Alexi, but decided Mab looked extra chipper, and Alexi extra -i dunno what-. Likely the new close on Alexi, and the expression, and my immagination. Seems lots of new outfits have arrived  :)

Aurawyn

Mmm I hadn't noticed the name of this arch...

Perhaps we will get the flashbacks we were denied Here? Hehe

Edit: Yea.. Mab's face looks funny.. like kinda flat.. I dunno.. Alexis Looks normal tho..

Alondro

*Charles stupids!*  Ah, I think Abel just wants to 'axe' him a question.  *ba-dum-dum*  This little 'slice' of life could prove important as it could end up 'cutting' deeply into other matters, should Abel hit the mark!  Yessir, Amber might end up with various plots 'on the chopping block' if things continue!  *ba-dum-dum*   :milklaugh

*Charline grrs and walks over to Abel*  Might I borrow that axe for a moment?   >:[
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

ShiningShadow

more axes to swing at *Ba-dum-dum* I hope Dan is more faster than Abel if he catches up to him with ax and all.

Rythak

Quote from: ShiningShadow on April 23, 2007, 12:24:36 PM
more axes to swing at *Ba-dum-dum* I hope Dan is more faster than Abel if he catches up to him with ax and all.
It dosent matter how fast Dan can run, Abel has magic on his side. If he needed to i'm almost sure he could easily kill dan at a good 30 ft.

Madmann135

I can't honistly tell but is this the first or second time we saw Dan not wearing his silk robe?

Though I must say Abel is quite scarry with his calm expression, the axe and him chasing Dan.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Brunhidden

sinse abel is wearing a sleeveless muscle shirt we can assume dan has changed into lighter clothing that its okay if hes getting hot and sweaty in. we must remember, dan and alexi seem to opperate outside the normal bounds of fassion and preffer clothing with many layers  and that renfaire look.

i am supprised i havent notised a 'bury the hatchet' comment, but i guess that idiom has been mostly lost to time anyway

QuoteDo not use a hatchet to remove a fly from a friends forehead
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Alondro

Quote from: Brunhidden da Muse on April 23, 2007, 01:59:39 PM
sinse abel is wearing a sleeveless muscle shirt we can assume dan has changed into lighter clothing that its okay if hes getting hot and sweaty in. we must remember, dan and alexi seem to opperate outside the normal bounds of fassion and preffer clothing with many layers  and that renfaire look.

i am supprised i havent notised a 'bury the hatchet' comment, but i guess that idiom has been mostly lost to time anyway

QuoteDo not use a hatchet to remove a fly from a friends forehead

*Charles erfs*  NOW you tell me!   :paranoid
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Angel

Wait... is the title of this arc a joke or not?... If it isn't then I say this:

WOO! GO MABBY! GO MABBY!  :mowmeep :mowcookie

Funny comic too.

The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Nino

Quote from: ??? (Hellcat) on April 23, 2007, 05:51:45 AM
Quote from: Kattuccino on April 23, 2007, 12:26:46 AM

Hmm, Dan isn't wearing his robe. Guess Amber finally decided always having one outfit per character is unrealistic?

It ain't that unrealistic, why take me for example, I've been wearing the same aquamarine top with dark jeans combination for nearly two years now.  :lol I have about 12 of the same top and jeans. Don't know how that theme started though

Wow, do people at school accuse you of never washing your clothes?

GabrielsThoughts

I have always speculated that Mab was a Farie princess, only evil...but then she suffered some kind of dramatic memory loss and her old personality "evil" personality is just waiting to be revealed.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Hellcat

maybe this might clear up a few things- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen_Mab
I always thought it was a coincidence though

Stygian

I'd hardly think so. I don't believe in coincidences much. And the "Queen Mab" link immediately came to mind the first time I saw the comic. Not that Cogidubnus, resident maester of poetry, wasn't quick to point out a few other similarities...

As for the comic, I find this particular strip to be just somewhat... generic. I can't even think of a good reason for Abel to be chasing Dan, really. Certainly not with an axe, anyway...

Falcarthum

Quote from: Aurawyn on April 23, 2007, 09:23:43 AM
...Perhaps we will get the flashbacks we were denied Here? Hehe

Perhaps is the outcome of the last wallpaper war...   :rolleyes

"Fantasy & Reality are opposed sides of the same coin."
"Artificial Intelligence stands no chance against Natural Stupidity."

<== Yappity by Silverfox

Tsunari

Abel's just trying to get back at Dan for the spider thing the night before.

Zedd

Would be most wise to make sure the one who bleeds first gets a cookie last

Fuyudenki

Quote from: Stygian on April 23, 2007, 06:18:16 PM
I'd hardly think so. I don't believe in coincidences much. And the "Queen Mab" link immediately came to mind the first time I saw the comic. Not that Cogidubnus, resident maester of poetry, wasn't quick to point out a few other similarities...

Contrary, I suspect that's where Amber got the character's name from, given I have seen no signs that it's short for anything but "Miss Mab."

Aurawyn

Quote from: Falcarthum on April 23, 2007, 06:49:48 PM
Quote from: Aurawyn on April 23, 2007, 09:23:43 AM
...Perhaps we will get the flashbacks we were denied Here? Hehe

Perhaps is the outcome of the last wallpaper war...   :rolleyes

Mm.. Forgot all about that Wallpaper war..

Nino

Yeah, wasn't there some Matilda wallpaper that was "almost done" four months ago or something?

Damaris

That, I believe, was the Librarian, which was eaten by her computer crash in August.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Aridas

The librarian was done... I know, because it's in the appropriate section. it was the matilda wallpaper that i'm pretty sure was nuked.

Psaakyrn

Found the image comparisons I was looking for.. http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_416.php

I think Alexi's ears are getting more perky/pointy and her dress fasion changed a little (to show off hips)..

Also, the 3rd scene is obviously based on Red vs Blue, if I'm not wrong.
Someone in the valley calls out to me;
A voice from the past, fading out fast;
Am I to be wary, do I have to be;
I just know, I have to be there.

superluser

Quote from: Psaakyrn on April 23, 2007, 11:27:24 PMFound the image comparisons I was looking for.. http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_416.php

I think Alexi's ears are getting more perky/pointy and her dress fasion changed a little (to show off hips)..

Also, the 3rd scene is obviously based on Red vs Blue, if I'm not wrong.

1.) Her ears are pretty pointy in 379.
2.) So she changed clothes.  I hope most of you do the same.
3.) I'm pretty sure that's not from RvB, unless it's from #95.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

kaskar

In this chapter " All hail Queen Mab ", so far I see Alexi, just with fashion decorations and a new dress, but a new expression on her face . However, I find that Mab inquiring on Dans location a bit worrying, as her line of thought can become slightly disjointed . ( re: # 232  " The mind of Mab is a weird place " )
8) Just Hanging Around ...

Caswin

Ze title... I didn't see it before... (although I also didn't even realize Lorenda and Kria's meeting constituted an arc by itself.)

Well, I'm psyched now.
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Madmann135

though I should have realised this earlier but Abel is mixing up a shapr object for a blunt object.

With a blunt object the first strike is generally free of blood, all following strikes carry blood.
With a sharp object it doesn't cause blunt force trauma and possiably death it simply cuts and shears the object into pieaces.

I would hand Abel a mallet but I don't take the mallet over the axe.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Madmann135 on April 24, 2007, 09:24:04 AM
With a blunt object the first strike is generally free of blood, all following strikes carry blood.
With a sharp object it doesn't cause blunt force trauma and possiably death it simply cuts and shears the object into pieaces.

I assumed he meant that dead people don't bleed...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

superluser

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 24, 2007, 09:26:58 AMI assumed he meant that dead people don't bleed...

No, no.  I think he's saying that dead people can't counterattack.

Explaining jokes makes them less funny.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Aleolus

:erk I wonder what they were arguing about before??

ShiningShadow

Getting back at Dan for that spider I rather throw a water ballon full of Nair if I was Abel  >:3.