AHHHHHHHHHHHHH *head explodes* Bloody randoms in IM

Started by Paladin Sheppard, April 09, 2007, 03:53:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paladin Sheppard

Just a rant really but lately I've been getting alike 5 or 6 randoms on YIM and MSN with the first question of ASL....

Not only can these people not spell or form a complete sentence, they keep bugging me with ASL till I tell them to bugger off.

Now I know I could just hit the ignore button, but just for once I'd like one of em to hold a conversation or explane why they are attempting to talk to me!

Never mind the random gold farmers in WoW these days......*Gnaws on the bones of the last random to bug him*

Paladin Sheppard

Jim Halisstrad

I... actually knew what it meant.   I was just being a jackass, but I guess I came off looking like a dumbass XD

Never understood why people ask for location right off the bat.

Kasarn

The last time I logged into my IM accounts was two years ago. I got an a/s/l message when I forgot to uncheck the public directory option. They seemed pretty polite.

TIMES HAVE CHANGED :[

Vidar

\^.^/ \O.O/ \¬.¬/ \O.^/ \o.o/ \-.-/' \O.o/ \0.0/ \>.</

superluser

I'd tell them that I'm 64 years old, male, and living in the Neutral Zone.

See if that doesn't shut them up.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Kasarn

Quote from: superluser on April 09, 2007, 04:39:17 AM
I'd tell them that I'm 64 years old, male, and living in the Neutral Zone.

That's hot. Sex now?
I don't do vore though, k? :B

ITOS

I've never got any hate/ASL/spam messages. I feel unloved. :cry
This generic comment was brought to you by:

Reese Tora

The first option I ever set on AIM was "invisible except to friends list"

That and never being logged on to AIM anyway means I've never recieved an "ASL".

The answer would be "Old enough/Not with you/English" (Age/Sex/Language(English, do you speak it, M***********?))

<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

xHaZxMaTx

Zedd

Aridas

I only ever got random IMs in ICQ. But then I got rid of that when I realized MSN Messenger and AIM existed.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Interestingly, I've been on the receiving end of a few of late. I wonder if there's a series of options missing from pidgin that the native windows apps have...

I should go drop that into the request bucket, I think.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

KarlOmega1

Tapewolf...from what it sounds like is that someone got a hold of your address and added you to their contacts list, then proceeded to send you the ASL message just for kicks...

Lucky for me, I've never gotten any of those messages...though if I ever do get any of them, I'd go "You first" as a retort. That would be before I consider blocking them...
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

Aridas

Stygian

Appealing Slippery Libido?

No, really. How the hell do you manage to hand out your adress, even less attract these people? I like to believe that it is my general attitude and apparel that keeps them off my list.

superluser

Quote from: KarlOmega1 on April 09, 2007, 12:54:53 PMTapewolf...

Yeah, Paladin Sheppard's avatar (art by ZinaSquid, right?) looks an awful lot like TW's (art definitely by ZinaSquid).  I had some trouble differentiating the two for a while.

Dakata

Show them this:

...Or you could use the other scary ASL pic. D: Just search for ASL on Photobucket. It's a picture of a naked (You can't see nuthin' dirty...'cept scary man boobs :< ) fat guy.

...And that's unfair. :< Strangers haven't IMed me in like, years. Not countin' that one annoying thing that tells me I'm signed on in two locations when Trillian screws up on me. :< Blocking it won't make it go awaaaaaaay! *Whines*

Zina

Quote from: superluser on April 09, 2007, 10:49:42 PM

Yeah, Paladin Sheppard's avatar (art by ZinaSquid, right?) looks an awful lot like TW's (art definitely by ZinaSquid).  I had some trouble differentiating the two for a while.

Apparently I suck so hard at jokes, people can't even they're jokes.
This is indeed a personal problem, and I am looking into fixing it.

PS. Did you really have a hard time telling them apart? Cuz. Cuz that sucks. Sucks for me. :C

Reese Tora

Quote from: Zina on April 09, 2007, 11:09:53 PM

Apparently I suck so hard at jokes, people can't even they're jokes.
This is indeed a personal problem, and I am looking into fixing it.

PS. Did you really have a hard time telling them apart? Cuz. Cuz that sucks. Sucks for me. :C
You kinda had me going until you posted the zinacat in a squid suit chibi pic. :C  Of course, I only started to believe it when you kept at the joke past April 1st...

Zina

Quote from: Reese Tora on April 09, 2007, 11:28:17 PM

You kinda had me going until you posted the zinacat in a squid suit chibi pic. :C  Of course, I only started to believe it when you kept at the joke past April 1st...

Really? Because I could have sworn I posted the Zina-in-a-squid-costume(which was SUPPOSED to imply it was all a joke, especially with the "Disregard that" title and all) around 1 AM of the 2nd.

Oop, 2:45 AM, my bad.

superluser

Quote from: Zina on April 09, 2007, 11:09:53 PMApparently I suck so hard at jokes, people can't even they're jokes.

Nah.  I'm just going to call you that for perpetuity forever.

Quote from: Zina on April 09, 2007, 11:09:53 PMPS. Did you really have a hard time telling them apart? Cuz. Cuz that sucks. Sucks for me. :C

Well, it was more that the art style was obviously the same, and they were both wolf incubi, so I thought it might have been a rotating avatar or a new incarnation or something.  Then I read the username beside, and confusion left me.

Reese Tora

Quote from: Zina on April 09, 2007, 11:51:02 PM
Quote from: Reese Tora on April 09, 2007, 11:28:17 PM

Really? Because I could have sworn I posted the Zina-in-a-squid-costume(which was SUPPOSED to imply it was all a joke, especially with the "Disregard that" title and all) around 1 AM of the 2nd.

Oop, 2:45 AM, my bad.

Well, I don't usually read when a post was made... or check DA daily... or stay up past 2am my time.

Or remember when, exactly, I thought something or other.  From my brain's point of view, I've always thought what I currently think, unless I make an effort to think back about when my mind was changed, and until my mind changes and I think something else.  This makes it really hard to remember what last week's lesson actually was in class.

superluser

Quote from: Reese Tora on April 10, 2007, 12:00:48 AMWell, I don't usually read when a post was made... or check DA daily... or stay up past 2am my time.

Well, it was in the Tower of Art.

Paladin Sheppard

*Pokes head back in thread* Oh errr what happened to my rant thread??

Aridas

It DIED. And got replaced with discussions of other stuff.

KarlOmega1

Gah! my mind slipped...sorry for the mix-up.
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

Reese Tora

Quote from: superluser on April 10, 2007, 12:06:27 AM
Quote from: Reese Tora on April 10, 2007, 12:00:48 AMWell, I don't usually read when a post was made... or check DA daily... or stay up past 2am my time.

Well, it was in the Tower of Art.

I am shame, shame and failure to make good on joining the picture secret santa (organized by teh ever talented Zina, come to think of it :P ) I don't go there becasue I flee from my pitiful failures. :B  Also becasue I don't have enough time to properly appreciate all the awesome art therein.

Nikki

I has never gotten the A/S/L question =3

and if i did...my reply would be undead/no thanks/your mind

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3