Musical Goodness

Started by Illusionist, April 03, 2007, 08:07:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Illusionist

I'm sure this has been done before, probably several times, but I can't find it on the first few pages so... does anyone have any songs that remind them of DMFA?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Illusionist on April 03, 2007, 08:07:43 AM
I'm sure this has been done before, probably several times, but I can't find it on the first few pages so... does anyone have any songs that remind them of DMFA?

http://www.jpmorris.force9.co.uk/music/daniel6.mp3
http://www.jpmorris.force9.co.uk/music/xssjpm5.mp3

>:3

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Illusionist

That Dan one reminds me of David Bowie. (That's a good thing by the way)
The second one is Queen/Pink Floydesque, which is an even better thing.

Oh, and Breakthru by Queen reminds me a little of Jyrras.

Faerie Alex

Not an entire song, but a few lines from "War on Drugs" by the Barenaked Ladies:
QuoteWon't it be dull when we rid ourselves
Of all these demons haunting us to keep us company?
It reminds me of Merlity & Aaryanna breaking up.
Jeez I need to update this thing.

Sunblink

It's really hard to decide which songs remind me of DMFA, since it seems to surface a lot during my brainstorming while listening to music. However, the song Pompeii by E.S Posthumus reminds me of some of the darker scenes in Abel's Story (such as the assault by the Creatures), Why by Annie Lennox reminds me of the dearly-departed Cindy, and Precious by Annie Lennox similarly reminds me of May speaking to a baby Abel. I'll edit this post as I come up with more, but I'm mostly adamant about Pompeii. I've found it easier to locate songs for Abel's Story, as you can see. X3

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Tapewolf

Quote from: Illusionist on April 03, 2007, 08:24:45 AM
That Dan one reminds me of David Bowie. (That's a good thing by the way)
Heh, that's what Turnsky said about the song I did for his comic...

QuoteThe second one is Queen/Pink Floydesque, which is an even better thing.

http://www.dougtheeagle.com/mce/myth02.mp3

(I could do this all day.  DMFA has inspired about nine different songs)

Actually following the intent of this thread, the 'Danielle' bit of DMFA made me think so strongly of 'Hey Dude' by Kula Shaker, that I did this:
http://www.jpmorris.force9.co.uk/stuff/heydude.htm

Alondro

Hee hee!  The second one gave me mental images of Dan going Super Sayan after the appropriate dramatic build-up... and I almost snorked my coffee all over the place!   :milklaugh  

But I'm very weird that way.   :mowhappy

And I shall have to steal these songs for the DMFA movie.   >:3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Illusionist

Let it be known that you may steal anything I own if it would help make a DMFA movie.

Amber Williams

There are several songs that I personally listen to that make me think DMFA.  Sometimes it's because I particularly envision thats how the character would sound, sometimes it's because it has a particular mood that reminds me of the character.

I did debate once about every week offering a song on the main page and a description of what character it reminded  me of.  But I realized that it would pretty much be a bad idea due to potential copyright infringements and bandwidth issues.

Mashi

Instead, you could say "hey, [song] reminds me of [character], go find it."
Or something. Iunno.

Kasarn

My subconscious has linked DMFA with At the Drive-In  D:

Amber Williams

Quote from: Mashi on April 03, 2007, 01:38:41 PM
Or something. Iunno.

I'd feel like a jerk if I did that. Since I have had a horrible time searching for particular songs only to find pages where people have done the exact same thing.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Alondro on April 03, 2007, 08:50:33 AM
I shall have to steal these songs for the DMFA movie.   >:3

Please don't - they're low-quality MP3s and they haven't been sent to the mastering engineer yet  :erk

Quote from: Amber Williams on April 03, 2007, 01:34:55 PM
I did debate once about every week offering a song on the main page and a description of what character it reminded  me of.  But I realized that it would pretty much be a bad idea due to potential copyright infringements and bandwidth issues.

Quite.  Although as Mashi says, I for one would be interested to know which songs and characters you would have used.

Mashi

Quote from: Amber Williams on April 03, 2007, 01:40:53 PM
Or something. Iunno.

I'd feel like a jerk if I did that. Since I have had a horrible time searching for particular songs only to find pages where people have done the exact same thing.

Understandable.
For some reason, listening to Nine Inch Nails names me think of Abel AND I DON'T KNOW WHY.

Zedd

Quote from: Mashi on April 03, 2007, 01:48:09 PM
Or something. Iunno.

Understandable.
For some reason, listening to Nine Inch Nails names me think of Abel AND I DON'T KNOW WHY.

Minus the short hair look

bill

Or something. Iunno.

Hmm, how about "Go BUY it!". Which is what I do.  :B

*moral superiority*

Amber Williams

Hush troll. :U

If you can come up with affordable ways to buy NKOTB: Funky Funky Christmas, that doesn't involve pirating or paying a bajillion dollars on ebay, then cool.  But really any song that I'm trying to look up is either obscure as all hell, or I don't actually know where its from.  Hence the frustration.

Either way, I'd likely not be prone to posting a whole lot of the songs that inspire because I don't like making people scramble.(cause some of the songs really are obscure)  But also because, admittedly, it clashes with your guys radio project. And since I took a stance not to get involved in it, that means also avoiding putting my own input on things.

Azraelle

I know it's kind of weird, but after my first time reading through the entire archive, and before I got my iPod to listen to at work, I had Celldweller's "Own Little World" stuck in my head, and for about the last 30 seconds of the song or so, suddenly I imagined the intro sequence to a DMFA animated series in my head.  O.o  (was that Amber passing out, that I just heard?)

I hate data entry; me being alone with my thoughts and no creative outlet for 8 hours a day is a bad thing.

Alondro

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 03, 2007, 01:45:03 PM
I shall have to steal these songs for the DMFA movie.   >:3

Please don't - they're low-quality MP3s and they haven't been sent to the mastering engineer yet  :erk

*does so anyway!  And the movie is horribly, mind-shatteringly, tortuously LAME!!!  With a horrible screechy soundtrack!  And rocket-ships on strings clearly visible to the audience!  (which is especially bad since DMFA doesn't have any spaceships in it)   It makes "Leonard part 6" and "Earth vs. the Spider" look like cinematic genius by comparison!  :mwaha
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

AndersW

Quote from: Alondro on April 03, 2007, 06:43:53 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on April 03, 2007, 01:45:03 PM
I shall have to steal these songs for the DMFA movie.   >:3

*does so anyway!  And the movie is horribly, mind-shatteringly, tortuously LAME!!!  With a horrible screechy soundtrack!  And rocket-ships on strings clearly visible to the audience!  (which is especially bad since DMFA doesn't have any spaceships in it)   It makes "Leonard part 6" and "Earth vs. the Spider" look like cinematic genius by comparison!  :mwaha

Well "Dünyayi kurtaran adam" also known as "Turkish Star Wars", will make whatever it is look like cinematic genius by comparison.

IMDB
google video

devilsislegrl

:erk dang.  That movie enters a whole new category of movie badness.

ShiningShadow

Quote from: Mashi on April 03, 2007, 01:48:09 PM
Or something. Iunno.

Understandable.

Which one from the Downward Spiral album that rocks I think that should be a given if Abel has a cd collection to have NIN in that collection.

MT Hazard

'One of these nights' by the Eagles reminds me of DMFA because of these lines

"I've been searching for the daughter
Of the devil himself
I've been searching for an angel in white
I've been waiting for a woman who's a little
Of both
And I can feel her but she's nowhere
In sight"

Angel + Demon = Cubi (Allegedly)

I'd imagine being a lonely cubi would make for some interesting lonely hearts ads..
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

RushFox

Sweeeeet, I really wanted to make a topic like this...  >:3

Heh, first I know for SURE would work is New World Man by Rush (of course). This song fits perfectly for Jyrras, I mean PERFECTLY.

Oh, and another Rush song, Lessons, is perfect for Abel's frustration trying to teach Dan about his Cubi powers.

That's about it for now. Peace!

bill

The synth-guitar parts of the title track to Quadrophenia remind me of Abel, for some bizarre reason. That song has some of the best synth usage I've ever heard.

Zedd

Least we not talking of remixing magical Trevor are we? That song numbed the left half of my mind :erk

ShiningShadow

Throw in some Beatles tunes and magic mushrooms you got a concert. >:3

Illusionist

The first verse of Flash of the Blade by Iron Maiden reminds me of Dan.

As a young boy chasing dragons
With your wooden sword so mighty
You're Saint George or you're David
And you always kill the beast.

Is it wrong that I knew that from memory?

bill

Badass album, incidentally.

Illusionist

That album (Powerslave, in case anyone was wondering) was the first Maiden album I ever bought.

Oh, and The Asshole Song reminds me of Abel.