Hey, there is finally going to be a game where Mario and Sonic Square off...

Started by Jim Halisstrad, March 29, 2007, 01:02:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saist

unfortunately, the press release does not clarify who is actually doing the development.  Nintendo has passed off Mario before to second string and 3rd party developers (e.g. Mario is Missing, developed by Mindscape). Most of the Non-EAD titles have well... been junk. If the EAD development teams or Hal Laboratories have a hand in the game design, we can be assured that it won't be absolute manure.

On the other hand, if development is all done by Sega... we could be in trouble.

Nimrods Son

hummm. I hope it features Sonic Background graphics and Mario Gameplay :giggle

Ryudo Lee

As much of a Nintendo fan as I am, I'm betting on Sonic in the 100 meter dash.

Thanks to Taski & Silverfoxr for the artwork!

Saist

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=23918

Okay, good news is, Miyamoto is going hands on with the development. I'm halfway betting on a cross between Track and Field (nes) and Mario Party.

ilpalazzo

Quote from: RyudoLee on March 30, 2007, 11:21:13 AM
As much of a Nintendo fan as I am, I'm betting on Sonic in the 100 meter dash.

Mario has the fire power!!!!!
therefore, Mario is the winner  :mwaha

Zedd

superluser

I was scanning the headlines here today when I noticed that you had capitalized Square...leading me to think that not only Nintendo and Sega were involved, but also Square.

I don't know what that would be like.

``Sonic!  The space pirates have destroyed your hometown!  What if this is because the Zodiac rings have been destroyed by the one that destroyed them?''

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

crimson_wolf

Mario vs. Sonic...two characters from complete opposite sides of generally everything...it will be amusing to what happens...

Caswin

Quote from: crimson_wolf on May 03, 2007, 08:17:16 PM
Mario vs. Sonic...two characters from complete opposite sides of generally everything...it will be amusing to what happens...
Well, you may be interested that a number of people have wondered the same, and made Flash animations about it of varying quality.

I actually wrote one myself, just don't have the tools to make it...
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.