RP thought -could be rated M ish(OOC)

Started by Hellcat, September 21, 2007, 02:11:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hellcat

I've been thinking of starting a roleplay for a while now and would like to know if it okay to start one... if not then it is fine if it is deleted, just for the basic idea here is how it starts before any characters are introduced -

It was a dark night, no light could be seen except  in the far distance of a fire blazing out of control in what was once a beautiful forest side village, but now there was neither forest nor village. This now destroyed place was in ruins, however not everything had been destroyed by fire- the scars of a heavy battle was obvious everywhere, this had been a fight with none victorious. A nauseous stench of blood mixed with the gagging smoke hung heavily in the air of the once dazzling village that was burning away into a giant funeral urn for the thousands who had peacefully  lived there. There was no life left, the only sound was the crackle of the fire, there was not even a screeching from bats that usually flew overhead whilst looking for the juicy fruit and figs that once grew in the forest which were the main trade, along with magical herbs, some that had amazing curative abilities used in potions to heal wounds, some that had disease ridding powers used in medicine, and many others used in potions and elixirs, had all been destroyed when the attackers deforested the once luscious forest and what was left was slowly turning to ash as the fire spread.

the second part I will put in and say the rules if it is okay for me to start it... just asking really

lucas marcone

generally you should have a plot and direction if you have a plot you're ok to start.

Hellcat

basically everything up until a certain point will be eight years ago, later going into a training thing then a quest that takes place in the present, it is furrae based

lucas marcone

ooookay but do you have your story and quests mapped out?

either way you don't have to ask permission. all you need is a few people to want to join.

Hellcat

oh yeah, and then some. I'll be using my leopard character her description will be in the second part  :) And as for the most of it it's a training dojo with some others training on combat and magic, sort of a first half know how not to get killed in quest thing

lucas marcone

well it isnt the worst idea ive ever heard of. maybe if one of my other rps ends i might join up...who knows.

Hellcat

Well thats all that is needed now, people to sign up... along with a title  :3
Almost anything goes here, but it is a little under M, mostly from the violence, slight swearing is allowed, can be coarse if your character has something bad happen to them e.g. get a spear in their kidneys, but don't overdo it with the language please  :nono. This first half will be eight years ago, mostly training sessions and foreshadowing some of the quest that will happen in the present...  A quest that may get changed slightly depending on how the first bit is carried out

llearch n'n'daCorna

You -might- want to break your descriptions up - the four sentences in your paragraph of description are lengthy, but, more problematically, are also very wandering.

Breaking the subjects up into separate paragraphs makes it easier for people to follow what you're trying to describe.

Just my 2p. Other than that, you haven't described what you're trying to do with the RP, just the opening page. A synopsis of some sort might be useful...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Arcalane

Also agreeing with llearch. You're looping around and saying what should have been said earlier at the wrong point. Better wording and you're set.

Also, I don't recall blood having a particularly nauseous stench to it. :)