When is a Character truely dead ?

Started by kaskar, March 26, 2007, 04:57:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Azraelle

Quote from: Alondro on March 29, 2007, 08:58:13 AM
Ok, a character is dead if he's a cracy admiral on a Terran flagship surrounded by Neosapien warships and the guy sets the self-destruct and blows himself up to destroy the enemy fleet and give humans a fighting chance.

He's dead!  He was totally dead and didn't come back!  His body was friggin vaporized!   :tongue  So there! 

Yes, until they realize there wasn't enough wreckage from the ship to suggest that all the life boats were still there, meaning one got away before it exploded.  Could the admiral have gotten away then, secretly making it just outside of range of the explosion, which instead propelled his life boat through a worm-hole and landing him on a strange planet with sentient plantlife that was able to absorb the radiated life boat remains and construct the admiral a rudimentary, one-way, one-use stargate-type portal to get him back to his home planet five years after his supposed death?  *takes deep breath*

See, nothing's impossible.

kaskar

I feel that a character can die when he / she, is no longer plot - convenient . Plot convience happens a lot in this comic , and I feel that Amber uses it to the full to keep our attention . Plot convenience is a thing that if used properly, give spice to a plot .
8) Just Hanging Around ...

ShiningShadow

If you feel to kill off a character then if it's your story or webcomic etc. Then do it just don't think about it twice.

I'm writing a story as we speak right now and in my head I have two characters will be killed off in a way to save one life.

I know people will be sad after you have gotten to know the character and suddenly killed off. I think of that for the aspect of emotions of the characters themselves and how to react to ones's death.

But I'm not the kind of guy here to tell anybody else not to kill a certain character. That's the artist or writer's discretion of how the story flows and that's why I backed Amber on this because she writes and draws the character's in a funny, happy way with a dash of emotions in the mix.

Zedd

People in stories who are dead usely have a tomb or a grave and smell really bad. Right Colin?

Colin Mochrie:

Super Colin has spoken :3

ShiningShadow

Quote from: Zedd on March 30, 2007, 07:20:41 AM
People in stories who are dead usely have a tomb or a grave and smell really bad. Right Colin?

Colin Mochrie:

Super Colin has spoken :3

Very funny I missed that show.

kaskar

Just had an idea . Why not just post up a page on the undead for comment . They have their very own island , and the various interesting characters and characteristics could be discussed . Or would this be regarded as reviving a dead subject  or room ? Necroism I  think it was termed ?
8) Just Hanging Around ...