The Art Request Thread

Started by Destina Faroda, January 06, 2006, 07:01:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Destina Faroda

Well, since Ilpalazzo started the precedent by requesting and receiving a drawing of Samus, I think it's time that other people make their desires known.  After all, since we're all amicable and good-natured people...okay all of YOU are amicable and good-natured people, there should be no problem in implementing a system based on the priceless kindness and appreciation we posters have for each other.  :D

I submit a friendly request that one or more of the people with an overabundance of visual artistic talent draw a picture of Sailor Steeler.
Sig coming...whenever...

Jorge D. Fuentes

I can maybe whip one up by the end of the Weekend.
Let's see how I do.  It's the same as a Sailor Moon outfit, only with that cute Steelers Logo Staff from the Sprite, right?

Obviously a similar color scheme, too.

Destina Faroda

Thank you for taking my offer.  :D  In case you need a reference, there's that same old image I've been using for years.

I just hope this doesn't bring bad luck to the Steelers.
Sig coming...whenever...

Darkmoon

As if they needed any bad luck :p

Hey, at least the Patroits aren't in a prime position to kill everyone this year. Makin us work for our win this time around.

ilpalazzo

Destina Faroda

Quote from: Darkmoon on January 06, 2006, 10:28:50 PM
As if they needed any bad luck :p

Hey, at least the Patroits aren't in a prime position to kill everyone this year. Makin us work for our win this time around.

No, they don't need any bad luck.  Too much of a handicap and the Bengals might win.

Both our teams have to work to win.  Personally, I think Indy's through, sadly.  Denver, on the other hand, could end up as the real sleeper team.  Nobody's really talking about them.
Sig coming...whenever...

Darkmoon

Indy's through, as in their run is over, or they're the likely win?

Jorge D. Fuentes

Quote from: ilpalazzo on January 07, 2006, 02:19:51 PM
Hey Jorge did you get doom?

Yes!  Thank you.  I also like the Strategy Guide you sent.
Many thanks.  When I came back from Vacation, it was like yet another cool Gift.
I'm very grateful.

Destina Faroda

Indianapolis is through, kaput.  There isn't going to be some miraculous "We faced adversity and we win," talk.  As much as I'd hate for Indianapolis to lose because of outside circumstances, I don't think they can recover from a broken season.  If they win the Super Bowl, I'd be very surprised.

Then again, those Patriots are looking scary.  You'll probably be rooting for the Bengals so they can fight Indy.  But nope.  It's to Denver they go after a Steelers victory.
Sig coming...whenever...

Fizzbit

This is just the black and white lineart for now, I'm gonna start coloring it soon in Photoshop CS2. I'm not terribly good at drawing new characters in special poses so I just did a simple portrait.

Quick question: What color are her eyes?

Full-sized pic found Here

Darkmoon

Go Patriots.

I actually had no idea. I don't pay attention to football. There's just this innate, genetic need to root for the Patriots.

ilpalazzo

I request a drawing of
The main charactor of suikoden2 and Nanami from suikoden 2.

Jorge D. Fuentes

Worked on this all afternoon today.
It's far from complete, with it missing Coloring and Stuff, but it shows at least the pose and stuff:

It should look pretty good when complete.

ilpalazzo

Wow dude, you have out done yourself yet again. but do yu think you could do my request? :spidey

Destina Faroda

First the Steelers win and now this!  YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!  ^_^  :D  :januscat  :laugh  :mwaha

I should have checked this thread sooner.  Oh crap!  Updates! Now I've got double the artwork.  Yeouch!  You all don't play around.

So pretty...pretty...pretty...

I love both pieces.  Jorge's action pose is outstanding.  It doesn't need coloring.  I can take it as is.   However I also adore Clara's portrait.  Sailor Steeler is fun and games, but that portait gives her more dignity and poise than even I imagined her to have.    I am amazed both of you were able to stay so faithful to the Sailor Moon anime style while imparting your own touches.  You don't have to color it if you don't want to.  The lineart is just amazing.  I seriously didn't expect it to be this good.

You're literally killing me with kindness.  Like a tenctacle monster tickling a captive Japanese schoolgirl, you're making me laugh and feel all tingly inside.  That's not supposed to work on me!  I'm evil!  EVIL!

*head explodes due to all the quick reactions*

Quick Answer for Clara:  Her eyes are black.  Plain black.    If you want to change the color to dark brown for artistic reasons, I can understand.
Sig coming...whenever...

Fizzbit

Kay thanks *waddles off to color*

Jorge D. Fuentes

Quote from: ilpalazzo on January 08, 2006, 09:48:29 PM
Wow dude, you have out done yourself yet again. but do yu think you could do my request? :spidey

Perhaps when I figure out who you're talking about and get some Official Art.  :)

ilpalazzo

Ive only seen crappy fan art but I shall give you the sprites and you should be able to go from there.

Jorge D. Fuentes

Here's the finished version  :) :

I hope you like it.  :)

Here's the Link, in case the Forum shrinks the image:
http://www.inverteddungeon.com/jorgefuentes/images3/SailorSteeler-3.jpg

Destina Faroda

I thought this was awesome in Black and White....it's like...like...indescribable, man.  I might be biased, but I think this is your best work yet.  The details, proportions, coloring, balance...awesome.... She actually looks like as though she came from the TOEI anime and not a fan created character.  Yet at the same time, I love how you added your touches.  You gave her more details and a fiercer, determined expression that are all your own.  You make her potent and the pinnacle of pulchrutde.

I love the color of the GOLD.  I mean you make it GOLD without making it too yellow, too orange, or too brown.  That's very hard to do, harder when the Steelers uniform gold is more yellow than true gold.  But it fits both the character and the team.  Jorge...you are the best.  THE BEST!
Sig coming...whenever...

Fizzbit

Hey, since I'm exempt from my finals (straight A's and attendance, whoopee) I'll be working on coloring my pic too.

>>

That is, if Fable doesn't tempt me too much.

Darkmoon

Fable or Fable the Lost Chapters?

Fizzbit

Lost Chapters for PC. It's stolen my soul o_o

Darkmoon

I have that for the XBox. Gotta play it eventually. Of course, my soul was already stolen once by the original version of Fable, so at least I understand.

Fizzbit

Here ya go, Destina.

Sorry if the skin's not quite dark enough; I'm not used to coloring dark skin.

Full version found here: Here

Destina Faroda

The skin doesn't have to be a set tone but could be changed to git the mood of the piece.  As the Steelers are made of players of various tones, so is Sailor Steeler.  I leave that open to interpretation as long as she doesn't get Alucard pale. ;)

It looks very nice,.  I love her eyes, the details on the bows and hair, and you give her skin a shimmering quality...like gold.  Beautiful.  Thank you very much.
Sig coming...whenever...

olroxshade

I want a drawing too! pleasssssseeee ( :helprealy) but will be nice

Darkmoon

I would assume posting a request in this thread would require you to actually state the request you want. If I know artists, they'll ignore anything but specifics.

Fizzbit

Yeah, you gotta tell us what you want.

olroxshade

well it´s a favor,please made a sketch of me,to put in my site,based on my avatar or just:how yours imaginate me.