3-17-2007 AS#76 There went the PG rating...

Started by Narethlian, March 16, 2007, 11:00:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

superluser

Quote from: Manawolf on March 17, 2007, 02:02:35 PM
Seriously people, is Abel going to know more than one pink naga girl with a pair of headsnakes, yellow eyes, and magenta hair?

Seriously, people, are we going to have *two* felines with cream colored fur with brown speckles?

The other one is Hennya's daughter.  :rolleyes I had assumed otherwise until Goatmon pointed it out, but I had been wondering why May was such good friends with someone her son's age.

PS.  If it's not two characters, please don't kill me.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Amber Williams

It's not two characters.  There has only been one pink snake-girl this entire comic and that would be Hennya.

Goatmon

Quote from: Manawolf on March 17, 2007, 02:02:35 PM"You can't spell 'analyze' without 'anal.'"

where the hell did you get that line? x3

Goatmon

Quote from: superluser on March 17, 2007, 02:11:54 PM
I had assumed otherwise until Goatmon pointed it out, but I had been wondering why May was such good friends with someone her son's age.

That's just what I was thinking.  I guess May gets along well with some of Abel's classmates.  Besides, if Abel's any indication, the girl is in her twenties, which old enough that May could have her on "friend" status. 

Prof B Hunnydew

Quote from: Goatmon on March 17, 2007, 02:30:38 PM
I had assumed otherwise until Goatmon pointed it out, but I had been wondering why May was such good friends with someone her son's age.

That's just what I was thinking.  I guess May gets along well with some of Abel's classmates.  Besides, if Abel's any indication, the girl is in her twenties, which old enough that May could have her on "friend" status. 

OH come on She seem to be a family friend or something..  she must be a good friends with Abel for years like from pre-school.  Maybe, May is good friends with her mother and Hennya comes to May for help with Hennya's Wedding.  That counts as near relative status.
PBH

Reese Tora

Quote from: Manawolf on March 17, 2007, 02:02:35 PM
Seriously people, is Abel going to know more than one pink naga girl with a pair of headsnakes, yellow eyes, and magenta hair?

Seriously, people, are we going to have *two* felines with cream colored fur with brown speckles?

The other one is Hennya's daughter.  :rolleyes I had assumed otherwise until Goatmon pointed it out, but I had been wondering why May was such good friends with someone her son's age.

PS.  If it's not two characters, please don't kill me.

There's no reason to not get along with your best friend's mom. ^_^

While none of my own friends have been like that, My mom had been friends with a number of my older sister's friends at one time or another.

Friendship knows not the bounds of age or sex (or race, or nationality, or... ).
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

RushFox

Is it just me, or is Hennya quickly becoming the (slightly) clueless "comic relief" of this story?

I'm just glad that happened. Looks like it finally got Abel out of his funk. That's a relief!  :)

However, his wings are exposed now, so I guess it's "explanation time" now...

Goatmon

He probably doesn't even know they're there.  Sure, Devin grabbed one of them, but Devin was also killed within seconds of doing so, so the former could've very easily been forgotten in the heat of the moment. 

Manawolf

Quote from: Amber Williams on March 17, 2007, 02:20:53 PM
It's not two characters.  There has only been one pink snake-girl this entire comic and that would be Hennya.

::Imprints message on all who said otherwise...with a branding iron::

Mashi

Which brings up the question: why would anyone even assume that two appearances of the same character somehow constitute as two different characters when they look remotely extremely similar? *shakes head in shame*

Goatmon

Cause direct relatives often look extremely similar in cartoon realities?

Mashi

Even if they were different characters, they look the same age. How would that make one the other's daughter?

superluser

Quote from: Amber Williams on March 17, 2007, 02:20:53 PMIt's not two characters.  There has only been one pink snake-girl this entire comic and that would be Hennya.

Yay for being wrong!  Yay for information!

So Hennya is a snake-girl, and not a taur.

Quote from: RushFox on March 17, 2007, 02:58:34 PMIs it just me, or is Hennya quickly becoming the (slightly) clueless "comic relief" of this story?

For some reason, I'm thinking Mr. Magoo.

Quote from: Goatmon on March 17, 2007, 03:11:00 PMHe probably doesn't even know they're there.  Sure, Devin grabbed one of them, but Devin was also killed within seconds of doing so, so the former could've very easily been forgotten in the heat of the moment.

He would not have forgotten it, but he probably thought that Devin was grabbing his hair or something.

Quote from: Mashi on March 17, 2007, 03:28:29 PMEven if they were different characters, they look the same age. How would that make one the other's daughter?

Because one's friends with Abel, and the other (OK, the same one) is friends with Abel's mom.

Mashi

Quote from: superluser on March 17, 2007, 03:30:27 PM
Quote from: Mashi on March 17, 2007, 03:28:29 PMEven if they were different characters, they look the same age. How would that make one the other's daughter?

Because one's friends with Abel, and the other (OK, the same one) is friends with Abel's mom.

Hennya can have a relationship with both of them. How dare you limit her friendships!

Goatmon

Quote from: Mashi on March 17, 2007, 03:28:29 PM
Even if they were different characters, they look the same age. How would that make one the other's daughter?

Mythos:

Average lifespan: 15 to 100+ thousand years. 

I don't imagine they show their age very well.   :mowwink

Stygian

Again, just a good thing that people note that Abel probably isn't aware of his headwings yet. I find details like that a lot more important than Hennya's rear, even though the latter is probably adorable in that form. And I can't for my life understand why they would have to get so upset. It's not like she had an idea with it...

Rafe

Well, that tears it.  All I can say is, after this episode, I'd better not hear Amber complaining about pictures of her characters ending up on them 'chans. 
Rafe

Manawolf

superluser

Rafe makes a point.  I'm not sure I agree with it, but I'm surely laughing at it.

Manawolf

Here characters are already on the chans, so not agreeing with it is simply denial of rule 34, and there is no denial of RULE 34.

Mashi

Rafe

Quote from: Manawolf on March 17, 2007, 03:55:09 PM
Rafe, you came back just to say that?

Long story, but Amber and I ended up seeing which one of us could be gone the longest with no one noticing.  I was gone longer (who cares), but the amazing result was that no one commented her being off the forum for over a month.  We both feel neglected.
Rafe

Zorro

Quote from: Goatmon on March 17, 2007, 02:23:56 PM
Quote from: Manawolf on March 17, 2007, 02:02:35 PM"You can't spell 'analyze' without 'anal.'"

where the hell did you get that line? x3

It is a simple test.  You just see what hole the subject looks at first!
  :bunny <-- Rabbit Hole or   :januscat <-- Kitty!

:)

superluser

Quote from: Manawolf on March 17, 2007, 04:11:20 PMHere characters are already on the chans, so not agreeing with it is simply denial of rule 34, and there is no denial of RULE 34.

No, I'm just saying that Amber can complain about her characters being on the chans all she wants.  It doesn't mean that she is or is not asking for it by drawing strips like today's (I'd have to think about it to decide where I stand on the issue, and I'm really not that interested in the politics of Rule 34, to begin with).

Quote from: Rafe on March 17, 2007, 04:16:22 PMbut the amazing result was that no one commented her being off the forum for over a month.  We both feel neglected.

I noticed her being gone, but I figured that that was her prerogative--it is her strip, and this is the forum for that strip, and I didn't want to command her to post here.

(If that was a joke, I still noticed her being gone)

Manawolf

There are no politics of rule 34, it's a simple fact that can not be denied, and I've seen the furniture sex video to prove it.

Stygian

I hope you're not going to refer to the things with the boxes that Taski drew here, even though that would be a bit fun. It might spark some mad sketching from his side... [okay, now he's making that look again...]

superluser

Quote from: Manawolf on March 17, 2007, 04:40:33 PMThere are no politics of rule 34, it's a simple fact that can not be denied, and I've seen the furniture sex video to prove it.

You can still complain about it.  Or is it wrong to complain about it?

Stygian

Quote from: superluser on March 17, 2007, 05:13:37 PM
Quote from: Manawolf on March 17, 2007, 04:40:33 PMThere are no politics of rule 34, it's a simple fact that can not be denied, and I've seen the furniture sex video to prove it.

You can still complain about it.  Or is it wrong to complain about it?

Do you complain about gravity? I certainly wouldn't like it if suddenly I was unable to get anywhere because I couldn't reach the bloody ground. I think, that while not as critical as that, a bit of perversion, or for a friendlier term: lewdness, sort of has its purpouse too. Although you're right if you're saying that it should be kept to the chans.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Rafe on March 17, 2007, 04:16:22 PM
Long story, but Amber and I ended up seeing which one of us could be gone the longest with no one noticing.  I was gone longer (who cares), but the amazing result was that no one commented her being off the forum for over a month.  We both feel neglected.

Heck, I noticed both of you. I just didn't comment where -you- can see it. :-]

(more seriously, I figured it was entirely your choice to be here or not, for both of you, and I wasn't about to bring up a painful subject and pour lemon juice on it :-)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Amber Williams

Do not deny the awsome power of box-sex! It's pure WUV! D:

Some astute readers emailed me a while back about how Devin's hair/tail went through changes mid-strip.  That, and probably in Hennya's case, is the sad result of me settling into a groove on the character.  Despite me drawing concept sketches in advance, half the time when I start drawing a character, it takes a few pages and a few frames to work out a natural groove on drawing particular characters. During that time, hair shifts, markings adjust, and all that jazz.   (Some noted that Kria once had a marking on her snout which disapeered mid Dissaray-Dischord-Bubblegum)

Characters I draw a lot tend to settle into a natural pacing, where as those who I dont draw often undergo changes more rapidly since my art has altered since the last time I drew them.  In Hennya's case, we jumped from page 30 to 69 on a near-weekly update. 

However if you want a cop-out explanation, you could always say she got extensions in preparation for her wedding. :P

As for her friendship with May, as I mentioned prior, Hennya doesn't necessarily have a good grasp on weddings the way you and I know them. (her race does things rather differently) so it would make sense to go to the mother of her best friend for advice and help.  But her use of "Lady Rewanz" tends to indicate she has a slightly more formal relationship, where as Abel she would have a first name basis.

:tmyk