03/09/07 [#759] Feelings

Started by AndersW, March 08, 2007, 07:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zedd

Hmm so many couple ideas

shadow96

Jyrras is putting alot of effort into it though he finally had his talk with dan and he would've talked to lorenda if his sisters wouldn't have been there.

Caswin

Jyrras/Nobody?  You know, I actually considered this, back in the day, and actually wouldn't have minded seeing it.  I mean, if such a setup would be realistic for anyone, it'd be the shy nerdy guy. (I can attest to this.)

But given the sheer number of potential love interests (including Kria, to hear the forumites tell it), I never thought I'd actually see it.  Wow.  An unorthodox plot twist in its own right, assuming it does indeed come off.  Who else but Amber?...
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

GabrielsThoughts

Numbers....so many numbers, which thread should I post in???

and what does amber mean by

QuoteIt was so tempting to make a Tigger reference in this.

I don't get the refrence, however I suspect pooh is involved.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

e_voyager

Quote from: Manawolf on March 08, 2007, 08:18:18 PM
I'm starting to get the feeling that Jyrras is not gonna end up with anyone.

Kind of cold, Lorenda, after he let you live with him for so long, and even let you into his inner sanctum.

kind of feel sorry for the roo rat but at least she's not angry at him.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Roureem Egas

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on March 08, 2007, 10:14:20 PM
Numbers....so many numbers, which thread should I post in???

and what does amber mean by

I don't get the refrence, however I suspect pooh is involved.

I'm guessing it has to do with Kria's "ooh ooh!"-ing. A monkey joke doesn't seem like it'd be funny there.

MaskedRetriever

All I really have to say is NOooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

No Jyrras/Lorenda?  *sniffle*

Jyrras/Abel... possible?    :B

Jyrras/Kria would be BAD NEWS!!!   :mowmeep

GabrielsThoughts

clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

shadow96

I dont think abel would be estatic about going with jyrass he doesn't seem to like him thinking he's nice. For example when jyrass hugs him.

superluser

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on March 08, 2007, 10:14:20 PMand what does amber mean by

Wasn't there a bit about ``Bouncing...it's what Tiggers do best?''  I would have expected something like ``Killing!  It's what Demon-mares do best!''

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

shadow96

That makes sense i guess i've looked at it several times and thats the best thing ive heard yet...

Manawolf

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on March 08, 2007, 10:25:03 PM
Jyrras+Wildy=hawt

But she already has a Love/Hate relationship with Dan.

GabrielsThoughts

I still think my take on what "could" have happened was arguably funnier, but  Amber's 759 is still funny, and really unexpected. Talk about pulling a 180 in the middle of a conversation.

superluser

Quote from: Manawolf on March 08, 2007, 10:37:29 PMBut she already has a Love/Hate relationship with Dan.

No, they have a casual sex relationship.  (Or one-night stand?  I'm not sure)  There seems to be no romance involved.

Jim Halisstrad

Now what would be hilarious would be Jy Ending up with that dude it looked like he was going to Tranquilize way back when.

Also, what?!
Quote from: superluser on March 08, 2007, 10:41:51 PM
Quote from: Manawolf on March 08, 2007, 10:37:29 PMBut she already has a Love/Hate relationship with Dan.

No, they have a casual sex relationship.  (Or one-night stand?  I'm not sure)  There seems to be no romance involved.

superluser

Quote from: Jim Halisstrad on March 08, 2007, 10:42:57 PMAlso, what?!
Quote from: superluser on March 08, 2007, 10:41:51 PM

What do you mean, what?

P.S. It could happen.

Jim Halisstrad

Hey, I chain people to the wall all the time and there is never any sex involved.

superluser

Quote from: Jim Halisstrad on March 08, 2007, 10:50:28 PMHey, I chain people to the wall all the time and there is never any sex involved.

Well, it says that Dan was having fun, so I just assumed...

I guess it could have just been cuddling.  In chains.  And leather.  Cuddling with whips.  And brands.

GabrielsThoughts

so you're implying that all Dan and Wildy have in common is chains, and whips?

what about the same initials (sizzle sound and scent of burnning flesh)

superluser

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on March 08, 2007, 11:08:06 PMso you're implying that all Dan and Wildy have in common is chains, and whips?

I'm saying that I don't see any romance.  Jim seems to be saying that they're having a friendly game of BDSM.

``I say, what ho!  Shall we to our drawing room where I can make you squeal like a pig, and after that, a quick game of skittles?''

Stygian

Maybe it's just me, but I think that anyone of the male characters in the cast, and one of the female, would go well together with Wildy. She's hot enough for anything. Which of course makes her an unknown factor, so I don't think that you can presume immediately that she's done anything with anyone. Since she could have done it all with everyone, basically.

shadow96

I agree with that wildy does have many different aspects to her still the whole relationship thing is getting some what repetitive dont you think? alexi and pyroduck merlitz and aary dan and matilda and now jyrras is in the playing field...im rather curious to see what happens next...

MaskedRetriever

What's wrong with Lorenda!?  Jyrras is adorible and probably has colossal bedroom stamina!

And he can make death rays!  How many boyfriends do you know that can make death rays?  Honestly!

Oh well, guess Jyrras will just have to slowly Break the Cubi with his dapper wit, and then when the time is right POUNCE DA ABEL!   :boogie

shadow96

Well whatever jyrras does he'd best decide fast before he does something really bad.

Sirios Skywolf

Ok, I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but what about Kria/Jy? Gay couples from women artists have gotten kind of old (No offense to the artist). I think Jy should end up with a female, preferably Kria. I mean, if you're going to have a mismatch (and no offense, but Jy seems alittle...Immature when it comes to relationships, let alone gay ones. I mean, the whole thing with Dan looks like misplaced affection and wierd left-overs from his relationship with his mother) Then have the really awesome one. It's not terribly odd either, seeing as his dad went for (albiet accidentally) a domineering type, and things worked out well there. And it's well known that men go after women like their mothers....

So, any takers?

Brunhidden

if i recall lorenda thinking the Dr. Jyrras book was enthralling and most likely 'hawt' as well. to me it is fully possible that when she hears that he has a crush on two 'hawt' guys that she will stay around, and possibly install hidden cameras, on the off chance that 'hawt' man-love is a possibility and that jyjy is not exactly torn up that he cannot get himself a nice piece of steak.

QuoteI am the terror that flaps in the night! I am the wrong number that wakes you at 3am!  I am a special news bulletin that interrupts your favorite show! I am the ten dollar service charge on all returned checks!
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Azlan

Hmmm, a heterosexual relationship... surprisingly, that is a rather novel idea these days.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Madmann135

OK... Widley would go great with Dark-Pegasus, they have many things in common including world domination.

But I think Lorenda is really jumping the gun and making conclusions a little to quickly.  Jyrras is a smart guy and doesn't like to take risks, and the biggest risk he won't take is loosing a friend. 
He even said that he didn't want to send mixed signals and a few other comforting things amongst the chaos he was saying to Lorenda about his conflicting heart's emotions.

He and Dan managed to get things settled and all it took was an unusual and terrifying start, it ended on a park bench over the course of a few hours and a nice long silence.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Amber Williams

It should be known by now that whatever I do, its generally not because its what people want but rather its how the story ended up being presented.  That said, if any relationships happen with any character, be it straight or gay, it isn't because I particularly agree with said pair or endorse it, but its just how the story ended up going.  If Jyrras does end up with someone, or if he ends up alone, it is because that is how the story played out and how his character dealt with the situation.

That said, I wont lie in that I feel pretty insulted that because I have tits, if I ever end up with a gay couple(unless its lesbians I guess.  Cause I guess its only safe now to draw lesbians in a relationship), it will be "ho hum cliche".  I might joke about the shonen-ai stuff, but in terms of actual character relationships, I take it very seriously.  The fact people look at it as "hetero couple/gay couple" rather than "Jyrras with someone he cares about, both of whom are individuals in their own right", indicates more that I have somehow failed in trying to get the point across that the characters are unique individuals with their own agendas and own traits.

Maybe its because I have gay friends, but I'd feel very offended if I was told because I'm a girl hanging out with gay guys, I'm in it for the personal fantasy aspect.  Oh wait...I have been told that.  And it is offending.  All my gay friends aren't being gay because they feel its trendy, its the way they are.  It's one of the many aspects to their multi-faceted personality.  While some people might be look at them and be like "gay gay gay gay gay",  they are more than just who they are paired with.  And its no different for any of my characters.  If a character ends up with another character, it isnt because of "gay gay straight straight", its because in the course of the comic and their "lives", something has brought them to this conclusion about themselves.

Maybe I'm not making much sense.  But it really does feel like a burn for some reason. 

MaskedRetriever

Quote from: Brunhidden da Muse on March 09, 2007, 01:02:59 AM
if i recall lorenda thinking the Dr. Jyrras book was enthralling and most likely 'hawt' as well. to me it is fully possible that when she hears that he has a crush on two 'hawt' guys that she will stay around, and possibly install hidden cameras, on the off chance that 'hawt' man-love is a possibility and that jyjy is not exactly torn up that he cannot get himself a nice piece of steak.

IS IT

CAN IT

BE JYRRAS/LORENDA/ABEL TIEM NOW PLS?!?!?!?!?!

:boogie

*EDIT*
I feel a little sheepish about this post now that I saw what Amber posted above...   :B

'course I figure I'm allowed to be patheticly grasping at joining up characters I like on the fairly shallow motivation that I think they'd be at least fun as, ah, COUPLES.   :U