PLAY THIS GAME.

Started by Aridas, March 04, 2007, 02:35:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aridas

Audition at nexon.net

It's like DDR... For the PC... For people who are better at pressing a sequence of keys really fast than to a certain rhythm. GO.

Gameplay vid courtesy of me.

xHaZxMaTx

That's not like DDR for PC, this is like DDR for PC.

Aridas

I didn't say it WAS DDR, I said it's LIKE DDR. *stabs haz* You lose again! D:

xHaZxMaTx

Aridas

Not fixed. Why do you want to suck so badly? D:

Sid

Speaking of sucking so badly:

QuotePlease use Internet Explorer

Due to technical reasons, you can only access MapleGlobal.com by using Internet Explorer.
If you are already using Internet Explorer, please click on the link below to download the newest version.

Oh, wait. Is it this Windows-only game? Pity... :/

The video looks nice and shiny, though. I'll admit that much.
:boogie

Supercheese

Must use Internet Explorer? Wow, it's that bad?

Aridas

Most korean games i've known inexplicably WANT you to use IE to get at it. There isn't anything I can see that would cause incompatibility issues (in fact, I was able to get into the maple global site once without being interfered with by the site, but then they suddenly had something like that put up at one point). It's more of a demand than a reccomendation. CDOS used to do that, except with firefox. Til I complained. Then they stopped using firefox nags. I'm not sure i'd be able to use the same method with Nexon though...

Kasarn

It probably has something to do with the fact that online transactions in South Korea are supposed to be done through ActiveX
(via Slashdot - direct link to article)

Although probably not a requirement outside of South Korea, I guess they can't be bothered changing it because its just easier not to :B

Aridas

Then why don't they get smart and demand it when it's NECESSARY?

Akisohida

Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

Aridas

Who said anything about maple story? >.>

Sid

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on March 04, 2007, 06:52:18 PM
Who said anything about maple story? >.>

I did, in a way. It's mentioned in the error text for some reason - or at least MapleGlobal is.
:boogie

Aridas

that's because before nexon took over for wizet, the site was mapleglobal.com since.. well.. the site's only focus was maplestory. Now Nexon over this way runs the show and ever since then, Audition was coming our way. They apparently forgot to change the error page to reflect the site's change.

Ryudo Lee

Um, there's also Flash Flash Revolution, which is a fairly decent web-based DDR game (registration is free and is pretty much just for stats and points storage).

Thanks to Taski & Silverfoxr for the artwork!

Aridas

Those are totally different games, though.

Reese Tora

Quote from: Sid on March 04, 2007, 08:07:39 AM
Speaking of sucking so badly:

QuotePlease use Internet Explorer

Due to technical reasons, you can only access MapleGlobal.com by using Internet Explorer.
If you are already using Internet Explorer, please click on the link below to download the newest version.

Oh, wait. Is it this Windows-only game? Pity... :/

The video looks nice and shiny, though. I'll admit that much.

I am 100% certain there's atleast one pluging for firefox somewhere on the net that makes Firefox look like IE to servers you make HTML requests to.

Though that doesn't look like my kind of game in any case.
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Aridas

You have to have quick, coordinated fingers, pretty much. Tapping the spacebar at the proper time shouldn't be a problem for anyone, but squeezing in 6-8 specific arrow key taps in a short time is reserved for the sharp.

xHaZxMaTx

Quote from: Reese Tora on March 06, 2007, 03:07:35 AMI am 100% certain there's atleast one pluging for firefox somewhere on the net that makes Firefox look like IE to servers you make HTML requests to.

Is this what you're looking for?

Reese Tora

Quote from: HaZ×MaT on March 06, 2007, 03:01:21 PM
Quote from: Reese Tora on March 06, 2007, 03:07:35 AMI am 100% certain there's atleast one pluging for firefox somewhere on the net that makes Firefox look like IE to servers you make HTML requests to.

Is this what you're looking for?

Not really.  When you make an HTML request, part of the request header details the browser and browser version(among other things).  This is how sites can know you're using IE or Firefox, and tell you to use a different browser.  The original purpose of this was so web developers could make versions of a page optimized to specific browsers.  Since web developers are lazy and don't do this, for the most part, it really serves no purpose other than keeping those using an alternate browser from surfing a site.  The plugin I was suggesting is one that sends a request with a header modified to show that IE is your browser instead of FF, to circumvent a site that doesn't allow browser X for no good reason.

Since I use IE anyway, this is plugin of no concern to me (Maybe one that makes me display as firefox for those sites that are anti-microsoft... except I havn't encountered them personally.)

(Fun fact: those sig pics that would tell you your browser version and other system info that were popular a while back are made by using the header info I mentioned to build a picture using a scripting language like php.)
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Kasarn

You don't really need a plugin to do that (although it would be ore convenient)

Type about:config in FF's address bar
Right click and select New -> String

general.useragent.override
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; YPC 3.0.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727)