Captain Power!

Started by Alondro, March 01, 2007, 11:11:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alondro

Whoah!  I've been searching for the name of this series for a couple years and suddenly just found it today while looking at the writing credits of B5 creator J. Michael Straczynski. 

Who else remembers this unforunatly short-lived show?  It was much more adult-level than anything else out there, and they killed a main character at the end of the season!   I rank it up there with "Exosquad" as the way kids shows should be! 

Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

TheGreyRonin

Oddly enough, I never saw an episode of it while it was on the air, but about a year after it was cancelled happened upon all three of the interactive tapes and two vehicles in working order at a yard sale. It was good for several hours of late-night fun with a few friends.

Zedd

Ah yes...That show had it all..Even late cgi graffics that looked good...Sadly no one makes ineractive toys anymore..Little off topic but the Batman mercandice made the last kind...But back to Captain power....Such a marvelious show...I had their coloring book!

LionHeart

I remember that show...

I only saw a few episodes, but it was quite good. I don't think the toys ever made it out here, which is probably one reason it never caught on.

I also remember Exo Squad. Also very good. A proper, serious storyline, and none of the little homilies that seemed to be tacked on to the end of just about every kids show back then.
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Ryudo Lee

Oh now I remember that show.  That was the shiz-nite back in the day!  I had one of those toys and I wore it out something fierce.  In fact, I disctinctly remember trying to see what it would do if I fired it at other objects.  If I remember correctly, it reacted to mirrors and my dad's motorcycle headlight.  And I too had the coloring book.  Man, I wish I'd kept that stuff.

Thanks to Taski & Silverfoxr for the artwork!

Zedd

I rember when there was a figure that powers up about the same time the captain power does