Cybernations

Started by llearch n'n'daCorna, February 18, 2007, 07:38:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

llearch n'n'daCorna

Lunar Wars.

I just passed 2500 housing.

Costs jumped from 5.5 iron and 5.1 aluminum per house to 8.7 and 8.2. Also prices leaped to 925k per 25, which is up from the previous 608k/25

-Ow.- :-/
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Kasarn

According to the forums, it happens at 1000AI as well.

from NationStates
Seerfir is the 4677th largest nation (of 78231)
Janus's nation is 274th :U

Tezkat

Oh, the nerve of that guy! He once again ignores my peace offers and hits me again. As usual, his first attack bounces. He had to deploy his entire military in order to raid me. So he finally sends me a peace offer and dials down to DEFCON 5. I could have anarchied him in one hit! It was soooo tempting, but in the end I'm a wussy carebear who doesn't like suicide, and I took the peace offer. :animesweat

One thing I learned from this adventure is that even someone twice my NS will have trouble getting through with attacks. I should be able to make myself a less inviting target in the future by maintaining a decent level of military readiness. The happiness penalties for having too large a military have been essentially removed with the new change. You can keep your soldier count at 79.9% actual (130%+ effective) and only suffer a piddly one point hit to your environment. (You'll also lose a happiness point if you max out at 80%, but it won't let you buy any more than that.) Barracks are now way stronger than before.

Also, spies = evil! :dface So long as your opponent has more spies/tech than you, DEFCON is meaningless because he can just pay to reset it to 5.

Anyways, now that I've put that sordid business behind me and returned to my infra jump saving (again :animesweat), shall we resume the tech trading/alliance boosting that got me into trouble in the first place? :3 If everyone's still up for it, I can send $1.5 mil each to lucas and Fresnor through Kasarn or llearch.

The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

llearch n'n'daCorna

I'm in. Sing out when you're ready.

Fresnor

I'd be ready whenever too now.  Only other thing I'm waiting on now is this marble trade for a hell of a lot of bonuses.  Should be const, asphalt, and autos if I read it right.

lucas marcone

i'm in. do i have to send anyone else anything? i mean sounds like you could use some soldiers.

llearch n'n'daCorna

no, but I'd be happy to slide some cash off the top ;-] *cough*

Tezkat

Heh... maybe next time? Not much room to skim when I'm doing two people worth of aid at once. Unless either of them happens to be willing to share with you... >:]

Anyways... first package is off...

llearch n'n'daCorna

"Mwahaha, money money money money money money money!"
"Moriarty, you fool, pull down that transparent blind, someone might see you."

*cough* one and a half sent to Fresnor at Reichi, and canadian bacon at goban. I hope those are right...

(next time, I'll save up a day in advance, and get at least 10k off the top in interest ;-])

Fresnor

And the tech is on the way back.

Tezkat

You're looking a little bit tech-heavy there, lucas...  :mowtongue

Anyways... I'm getting tired of stagnating, so I'm only gonna save up for another few days and then take the infra jump a bit earlier than planned. After that, I can get back to giving y'all aids again. :3

Fresnor

3k more population to go to get 2 universities and the 20% tech cost reduction.  Should be able to do mass tech sales for cash then. :)

lucas marcone

Quote from: Tezkat on October 13, 2007, 07:29:41 AM

Anyways... I'm getting tired of stagnating, so I'm only gonna save up for another few days and then take the infra jump a bit earlier than planned. After that, I can get back to giving y'all aids again. :3

is that your way of asking me for some?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: lucas marcone on October 15, 2007, 04:08:32 PM
Quote from: Tezkat on October 13, 2007, 07:29:41 AM

is that your way of asking me for some?

I think that's his way of saying "er.. I did a trade with you, money for tech, and never got the tech. What's up with that?" ;-]

Fresnor

Hmm, I just looked through everyones resource trades and am wondering if I made the right choices for mine.  Seeing most people with the Fast Food bonus, though I think a couple people had duplicate trade items somewhere.  Also only 3 of my trades are within the purple team.

llearch n'n'daCorna

The more trades you have in purple, the better you are off, really.

Other than that, look to make bonus resources. The more the merrier.

Sadly, it's not as easy as you might expect. :-/

lucas marcone

i thought you guys said i didn't need to send anyone anything but ok im good for that. it's on it's way

Tezkat

Quote from: lucas marcone on October 16, 2007, 12:38:38 PM
i thought you guys said i didn't need to send anyone anything but ok im good for that. it's on it's way

Heh... thanks. :3

Seriously though, lucas, you were a bit tech heavy. There's no real point in padding your nation strength at that level. It just makes you look extra juicy to raiders. Tech is not good value for your dollar as far as income generation goes until you're carrying a whole lot of infra. If I started my nation over again, I'd probably leave my tech at 20 or so until I hit maybe 1000 infra. Plus, of course, carrying a lot of tech makes it much less profitable to sell to larger nations. I wonder if there are any of those around... >:]

Your improvement layout is a little odd, too. I'm not sure where you're going with that...

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 16, 2007, 03:03:49 AM

I disagree. Bonus resources are nice, but don't try to get bonus resources at the cost of population boosters and infra reduction. Population buffs are like getting free bonus resources as you grow. (At 20000 pop, for instance, a 5% population boost is 1000 people--an extra improvement, which is usually equivalent to a bonus resource, in addition to the basic 5% income boost) And infra = money and power, no matter what your build.

Typically, you want Construction (because infra = money and power) and will probably end up with Beer as well--those are both side-effects of having the good resources. Beyond that, aim for a few income enhancers that take advantage of your starting resources. Personally, I'm maintaining the Automobiles set because infra reduction is quite significant at my size.

Your resource set isn't bad, Fresnor. I can see it being difficult to keep up, since one dropped trade will bring the nice bonus resource set crashing down. It's sub-optimal for a larger nation, but decent for a small one that receives a lot of foreign aid.

Keeping trades in-team is increasingly difficult. I'm finding I have to redo trades on an almost monthly basis now. Even without the slow atrophy of the CN player base, the Purple sphere was decimated when Legion got its ass kicked. It never really recovered.

lucas marcone

well i don't either.... but it works. i must also have anti raider devices or something of the sort. couldn't have anything to do with my 1 cruise missle or the fact that i have powerful friends could it? NAW :mwaha !

anyway i need help.

Your people approve of this national religion but the majority of your people would prefer something else. They desire a religion that follows divine scriptures with ethical principles embodied chiefly in the Torah and in the Talmud.  i have no idea what this is. the little giude dealy you get when you click the blue script isn't much help.

Your people approve of this form of government but the majority of your people would prefer something else. They wish to be ruled by the people themselves and more specifically do not want to be ruled by a royal family.

sounds like democracy dosn't it? too bad it isn't

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tezkat on October 16, 2007, 12:47:48 PM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 16, 2007, 03:03:49 AM

I disagree. Bonus resources are nice, but don't try to get bonus resources at the cost of population boosters and infra reduction.

... uh. If you get construction and automobiles, that's one heck of a big helping hand, there, that will assist in growth. Having been on the -other- side of that wall pretty much all the time, I'm seeing you stepping a -big- chunk away from me. Even if you take into account the buttmunches who made a meal off me, you were edging away from me anyway.

Quote from: Tezkat on October 16, 2007, 12:47:48 PM
Keeping trades in-team is increasingly difficult. I'm finding I have to redo trades on an almost monthly basis now. Even without the slow atrophy of the CN player base, the Purple sphere was decimated when Legion got its ass kicked. It never really recovered.

And that just bites. Funny how people getting wiped out of months or years of growth makes them unwilling to play any more, isn't it... Gee, I would never have predicted that outcome. /cynic

lucas marcone

maybe we should move to another sphere. im up for anything that makes it easier for you guys to keep trades.

Tezkat

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 16, 2007, 12:58:47 PM
... uh. If you get construction and automobiles, that's one heck of a big helping hand, there, that will assist in growth. Having been on the -other- side of that wall pretty much all the time, I'm seeing you stepping a -big- chunk away from me. Even if you take into account the buttmunches who made a meal off me, you were edging away from me anyway.

Well... you were also blowing millions on tech during a time when I was nearly tech-less and spending everything on infra.  :3 That's when I started to catch up and, eventually, sail right past of you. Infra is king! Tech is merely a luxury for big, rich nations. Don't be sucked into tantalizing embrace... >:]

But my well-planned resource set did help. :mowwink

Quote from: lucas marcone on October 16, 2007, 01:11:49 PM
maybe we should move to another sphere. im up for anything that makes it easier for you guys to keep trades.

Well... we're stable for now. A lot of us do have long-term trading partners we're happy with.

The penalty (well, lack of bonus...) for going out of sphere isn't huge. And there's no guarantee that any other team will be any better. Black for instance, was a large, vibrant trading sphere until the GOONS decided to completely dominate it and force out anyone they didn't like. And then they got so badly mauled in The Unjust War that the place has been turned on its head. There's ugly politics to deal with no matter where you go.

Valynth

Darnit all, I forget to log into LW for awhile and some bastard attacks.  Oh well, he offers peace because apperrently his friend did it.  I don't believe it.
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tezkat on October 16, 2007, 02:34:26 PM
Well... you were also blowing millions on tech during a time when I was nearly tech-less and spending everything on infra.  :3 That's when I started to catch up and, eventually, sail right past of you. Infra is king! Tech is merely a luxury for big, rich nations. Don't be sucked into tantalizing embrace... >:]

But my well-planned resource set did help. :mowwink

Uh huh. It's a little late now, of course. Still... *shrug* I'll just keep on growing at my rate, and eventually I'll either crash again, get bored, or overtake everyone else.

No bets as to which. ;-]

Kasarn

lucas marcone

LW

this will not do! we must be page one!

CN

also i wouldnt oppose selling off my last 50 tech.

Tezkat

Quote from: Kasarn on October 18, 2007, 10:18:47 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v447/Kasarn/mess/LWpage3.png

We're on page 3! :>

Ya know, there doesn't seem to be that much difference in AI and housing between our top guys and the biggest colonies in LW. The MS gap between us is all military bloat, which suggests that we might catch up even faster due to lack of expenses and the fact that attacking people doesn't really benefit you the way it does in CN. Yay for Lunar Peace Mode! >:]

Quote from: lucas marcone on October 19, 2007, 01:42:47 AM
CN

also i wouldnt oppose selling off my last 50 tech.

Well, you need to hold onto at least 15 (for missiles and the happiness bonus). 20 gives you more wiggle room. My trading slots will be open again on Sunday, but we'll need an extra intermediary for you since you took so long to send off the first one. :3

Kasarn

Well, I'm still trying to get a nuke in LW... you'll probably overtake me before I can get one.

Hippies with nukes! :3

Also, as a quick guide to building the test nuke
The chance of success for the first two parts are based on how often you try.
Part 1 = 2 uranium
Part 2 = 250k

The third part is based on how much AI you have (supposedly increasing with every 50AI)
Part 3 = 2 uranium + 250k

How much a nuke costs to buy after that, I dunno... I've read that it costs a lot and increases with each one.

edit: Press the button when you are ready... KA-BOOM!

llearch n'n'daCorna

I will be interested to see the maintenance cost.

And also what it does to your NS.

Tezkat

Wooo... nukes! >:] So once you do all that core research you can simply buy nukes whenever you have $850k burning a hole in your pocket? How many tries did it take you?

On the CN front... I'm now available for the spreading of aids again, if everyone else is...
:kittycool