Psst ... Azraelle says "hi."

Started by Azraelle, February 15, 2007, 09:43:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Azraelle

Hi everyone, I just joined after being refered to DMFA by a friend.  I read the entire archive in a day and a half (which was probably about 5 hours overall).  Gotta say I love the comic, reminds me a lot of Dominic Deegan, only with furry characters, color, and more humor.  It quickly became one of my watched comics (a list that seems to grow every other day).

Anywho, enough mushing.

I tend to lurk for a while before joining any conversations, just so I can gauge the general community (that's right, I'm watching y'all).  Besides, joining an active forum means I'm basically jumping into the middle of a lot of conversations, and I hate when I do that.  So, I'll more likely be social after a while, when new topics come up and I have a chance to jump in at the beginning rather than page 6.  ^.^

So, to sum up ...

• I'm new here
  • I love the comic
  • I will be kinda quiet, but still here.

There may be a quiz later.

PS - don't let my avatar (the scowling raccoon) fool you ... I'm really a nice person.

bill

Hi. Your post looks coherent, is spelled correctly, and is mainly sensical.

...are you sure you joined the right forum?  ;)

Azraelle

Um ... *looks at the door* OH sorry!  I thought this was "basketweaving for the opposable-thumbless."

My bad!

:)

Proper spelling and diction hides a very sanity-deprived person, trust you me.  Just wait until I get warmed up.

TheGreyRonin

Greetings, Azraelle! Welcome to the forum, and don't worry if you're too sane. The forum contains at least 80% of your recommended daily amount of insanity per serving!

bill

Quote from: Azraelle on February 15, 2007, 09:48:05 PM
Um ... *looks at the door* OH sorry!  I thought this was "basketweaving for the opposable-thumbless."

My bad!

:)

Proper spelling and diction hides a very sanity-deprived person, trust you me.  Just wait until I get warmed up.
That's the spirit!  :)

superluser

Quote from: Azraelle on February 15, 2007, 09:43:39 PMPS - don't let my avatar (the scowling raccoon) fool you ... I'm really a nice person.

Now I'm sure you're in the wrong place.

(Whistles to Stygian)

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

bill

Come on, guys, let's make a good first impression, right?

*flails*

Kasarn

GET... OUT...
REDRUM...
[insert other horror movie quote here]

Is that what you meant? :)

xHaZxMaTx

How/why is it that everyone who joins the forum not only assumes, but seems to know that sanity is just something you don't have here? :<  (Except for a select few, that is.)

bill

Quote from: Kasarn on February 15, 2007, 09:54:56 PM
GET... OUT...
REDRUM...
[insert other horror movie quote here]

Is that what you meant? :)
How about "No"? Is "No" good?  :<

Azraelle

Quote from: HaZ×MaT on February 15, 2007, 09:55:07 PM
How/why is it that everyone who joins the forum not only assumes, but seems to know that sanity is just something you don't have here? :<  (Except for a select few, that is.)

It's a forum based on a webcomic?  I'm pretty sure that having sanity here would un-make the universe.

bill

Hey, I'm sane. I resemble that remark.

Kasarn

That's right, Bill. We're all sane here *pats head*

bill

xHaZxMaTx

Oh yeah, I'm the insensitive bastard, eh? :razz

Oh I never welcomed you.  So, welcome! :D

bill

Logical fallacy! Just because I'm an insensitive bastard doesn't mean that you aren't, Haz.  :youfail

xHaZxMaTx

I never said I wasn't an insensitive bastard, I even agreed with you. ;)

Roureem Egas

It's newbie-spawning season...  :U

Oh, welcome.

bill

Quote from: HaZ×MaT on February 15, 2007, 10:07:19 PM
I never said I wasn't an insensitive bastard, I even agreed with you. ;)
K. :sleep

xHaZxMaTx

*Cough*NASCAR sucks.*Cough*

Who said that.   I bet it was Amber. :U

bill

xHaZxMaTx

Oh, that's just great.  Now who will supply us with funny? :<  Certainly not you!

bill

You're cruising for a bruising, Haz.

Faerie Alex

Quote from: Kasarn on February 15, 2007, 09:54:56 PM
[insert other...movie quote here]
[Darth Vader voice]We have you now.[/Darth Vader]
(Isn't "..." useful? :3)

As I see you haven't been given the proper warnings yet, watch out for 'cubi, muffins (especially those that don't behave like normal muffins), peeps bearing gifts, and people warning you about stuff.
Quote from: HaZxMaTOh, that's just great.  Now who will supply us with funny?
But now she'll have more time for making comics, without being distracted here.
Jeez I need to update this thing.

Boog

*skulks over* Welcome newbie! Have a gif- *looks up* Ah hell. Fine, have more advice. Spoil my fun, why doncha...
We've got a much-used RP section, a sanity optional clause, and a really nice community here. Don't wreck that. Don't trust mustalids, foxes can be grouchy, what else... Ah. Chibi dragons are not to be trusted, and should be fended off at the first sign with either speically formulated sprays or a large stick lest they become an infestation. Have fun!

Azraelle

Would a shovel suffice?  I'm kinda known for it ...

bill

superluser

So I'm just noticing...is Azraelle related to Azar(a)el?

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Azraelle

It is a feminine version of Azrael.  But no, I'm not the angel of death.  Really, I get that a lot.

It's a name I adopted from a cat I used to own.  And no, I'm not Gargamel either.  I get that a lot too.

llearch n'n'daCorna

And here I was thinking Aziraphael. But that's a different bunch entirely...

nice shovel. I may have to borrow it - although my preferred quote is "There exists no problem that cannot be solved by the suitable application of high explosives." ;-)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears