Moving and stuff

Started by Tapewolf, February 16, 2007, 08:32:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

After years of failure I've finally bought a house in Cwmbran as oppose to renting there.
The process has been fraught, especially Thursday when it looked like it was all about to collapse at the last moment.  I'll still be attending the forum, but only via work until the DSL line is moved.  I doubt anyone will notice much  >:3

Rather than write it all out again, I'll give the link to this journally thing, although I can if people prefer.

http://tapewolf.deviantart.com/journal/11845538/

Anyway, hope it amuses.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

R.A.M.

congratulations!
you've just taken another big step for yourself.
BE PROUD :boogie

Damaris

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Tapewolf

Quote from: R.A.M. on February 16, 2007, 08:59:57 PM
congratulations!
you've just taken another big step for yourself.
BE PROUD :boogie

Thanks, people.  Of course the last time I took this big step, we moved work to Wales for the regional development funding, I couldn't sell the flat for over a year and promptly fell back off the property ladder  >:3

ITOS

Congrats, hope things go smoother from now on.  :)

[EDIT for stupid T9]
This generic comment was brought to you by:

Zedd

Tapewolf

Sadly the door-that-will-not-open is just a fitted wardrobe  >:3

Much work has been done and I'm knackered.  The combined intellectual capacity of myself and my parents proved unable to switch on the light in the kitchen.  The bulb itself is fine.  We have tried all the light switches, even turned on the cooker feed in case they were leeching power from the cooker's private circuit, but nada.

I have even tried various binary combinations of different light switches in case you have to activate a certain combination of lights to be able to use the kitchen.  While I have not yet tried all 32 combinations it seems more likely that the light simply does not have a means to activate it.  I've bought a desk lamp for now.

I can see I'm going to have a very interesting conversation with the estate agent on monday...

Aridas

well, you know what this means... Tearing everything off the wall, testing, wire finders, and power testers. Or maybe there's a magic breaker switch hidden somewhere you haven't found yet. Or maybe the thing the bulb in just plain sucks, but that may be too easy.

Hilary

Ohh, moving! Here's to hoping the new place isn't haunted (or to hoping it is, whichever you prefer :P).

We have somewhat the same problem with our kitchen lights, except we know the cause: our electrician was insane. By the time my parents figured it out, all he'd done was the kitchen. When he found out they knew he was insane, he skipped town with their money. So maybe he wasn't insane, just a criminal. But you never know.

Anyway, now the overhead light only turns on when it feels the switch-flipper is worthy (about 20% of the time), and the light over the sink, on the other hand, turns on by itself frequently. Sometimes you have to turn the desk light off or else the internet doesn't work.

Living in my house is like being involved in a complicated relationship. :rolleyes (I hope you and your new place are very happy together. :P)