The Castle (OOC) - Open

Started by Stygian, February 14, 2007, 05:22:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aisha deCabre

Little note to Boogey, and to other people who might not have known, the last part of the "chill the castle" spell was intended to get rid of the ice.  It shouldn't be cold in there any longer.   :P
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Prof B Hunnydew

Boogey   You just made this ten times harder for me....No no I know you are play this right.... And I know what I will do and the internal conflict for me is just going to drive me crazy.....

:mowdizzy
PBH

Boog

Sorry :P figured that the spider usurps a good portion of Jeremiah's will, but his basic personality is intact. If he's gonna be caught out, it's not gonna be that way.

Joat

I’ve given it some thought and since the other two RPs I was involved in seem to have crashed, I’ll go ahead and come in here. Ideally, same characters, just different circumstances.

Mel Dragonkitty

You'll have to get the final nod from Styg as GM, but Professor Bambi got stripped of all technology newer than victorian. You might have a major character rework in store.
My, I'll bet you monsters lead interesting lives. I said to my girlfriend just the other day: "Gee, I'll bet monsters are interesting," I said. The places you must go and the things you must see. My stars! And I'll bet you meet a lot of interesting people, too. I'm always interested in meeting interesting people.

Angel

Should I really read all the posts made so far before I post anything? Because I'm kinda antsy to start posting, but I'm not even past 300 posts yet.
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Mel Dragonkitty

I think the last five pages contain the majority of the current crisis. Start there.
My, I'll bet you monsters lead interesting lives. I said to my girlfriend just the other day: "Gee, I'll bet monsters are interesting," I said. The places you must go and the things you must see. My stars! And I'll bet you meet a lot of interesting people, too. I'm always interested in meeting interesting people.

Cogidubnus

Well, I figure I might as well put down another one a'these.

As some of your already know, my internet has been compromised severely, and isn't going to change for some time - a few months at least. I probably won't be on messenger for that time, and my posting capacity will be severely limited. I'll try and keep up, but more than likely I'll just be playing catch-up for some time. So, no, I'm not trying to be rude to your character, I just haven't found a way to respond yet. :)

Anyway, I'll miss you guys a lot, and I hope I'll get to see you sooner rather than later. Till then...
...this is Cog, to ground control...

Prof B Hunnydew

Sorry to hear,  I myself am at a limited internet period, but i will have internet assest daily...PBH just not very long per visit

Take care and hurry back.
:mowcookie
PBH

Sunblink

Ah crap, I'm sorry to hear that, Cogi. =/ I'm going to miss you during your messenger absence. Please, try to hurry back, like what PBH said.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Joat

I’m afraid that the rule that excludes Sylver entirely may not work so well with me. I am sorry to say that I will not be joining this RP, since I was quite set on using that set of characters. That’s a bout of some pretty bad luck for me, because if this RP is similar to the last one in terms of gameplay, this must be quite fun.

Angel

Aaaaaand the entry post has been made! Finally! Sorry for the delay and awkward wording of the post, but at least that monkey's off my back!
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Sunblink

Hey Black_Angel. Sorry to be a little nitpicky, but Keaton didn't throw the mace. She merely tried to give Gareeku a big ol' thwack to the chest with it.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Angel

Whoopsie. Should I fix that?
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Sunblink

Quote from: Black_angel on May 06, 2007, 09:42:20 PM
Whoopsie. Should I fix that?

Yes please. X3 That would be appreciated greatly.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Angel

Quick question - Is Stygian actually shooting tentacles, or is that just Keaton's imagination?

BANDWAGON JUMP!

Mel Dragonkitty

She's not hallucinating that part.

Mel Dragonkitty

Bam, I am completely baffled by your last post. Can you explain what effect you expect a truth spell to have on the monster? It is evidently a mythos that gets in peoples brains and scares them to death and I don't think the truth is anything more than Keaton made a handy victim. What was your plan behind this action?

Prof B Hunnydew

Okay  I added a clearer information for the spell in my last post, Mel.... I thought my rhyme was clear enough. Sorry I am not clear sometimes even when I have all my vocabulary...

PBH

Angel

Hey Aisha? I dunno if Keaton had stood up yet. From her post, it sounds like she was just shifting around where she lay. Just mentioning.
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Aisha deCabre

Well, it's hard to tell, time and posts passed a bit between hers and mine.  She may have well been able to move after a moment.  That and I didn't think it really mattered THAT much, things were chaotic enough even for in-characters to make mistakes of judgement.

But whatever.  :P  Edited a bit.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Angel

Ngh. Due to a school trip (MONTREAL) I will be unable to post for about three days, unless I go to a computer cafe. Do whatever, I migh be back.
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Aisha deCabre

With permission, I brought a second character in, and for formality's sake here's the bio of said character.   :3

Forgive me if some of the history is vague, this character is one I haven't fully developed yet, but it should be good enough, if a bit long-winded.  x3

Name: Rynkura Msh'taan
Nickname: Ryn
Race: Angel
Species: Tiger
Family and Association: Unnamed husband (deceased, or so she says), affiliated with the Cabre lineage of adventurers, founder of the Shadowed Depths Monastery of Healing
Place of origin: Unknown

Physical Description

Height: 6'0''
Weight: 170
Build: Strong and somewhat stocky, for a female
Eyes: Green
Hair: Pearl white
Fur coloration: White with bold black stripes
Distinguishing features: Wears her hair in a long braid that trails to the base of her back, and carries a staff enchanted with light magic which looks to be made of strong wood and it clasps a clear blue orb on its end through which most of her magic is channeled; Rynkura is always seen with it.  She wears a variety of clothing and sometimes silver armor, but the fabric is always in patterns of blue and white, the colors of her healing practice.  She also wears sleeves on her upper arms with a gem embedded in each.  Nobody would guess that she's an angel at first, as she has never shown her wings.

Biographical and General Information

History:  Not much is known about Rynkura's long life, but as much as she would tell you, she was raised in nobility and taught magic at an early age.  She never wanted to stay for too long with her family and left for a life of adventuring when she was in her mid-20's, taking various jobs and learning many skills, mostly excelling in the art of swordsmanship.  She had a long career as a paladin and became well-known in many areas for her deeds.  After a hundred or so years, she became something of a hermit and spent time away from society to develop her magic, becoming self-taught in item enchantment.  Often if an adventurer held something of light magic, chances were it came from Rynkura, sold through other sources, and over time her name was slowly forgotten.  Unlike the angels that she was raised with, she didn't wish for power through manipulation of others.  To further keep away from persecution of Beings, she started wearing charms to hide her wings and has done so ever since.

During an excursion in which she was called to help dispel a powerful demonic force (though it was unsure whether they were demons or mythos of a similar nature), the demons were conquered and their souls sealed in a blade which lay embedded in the soil of the land for a long time.  The energies emanating from it were so strong that nearby villages experienced horrible plague-like effects, also rendering the soil unable to grow anything.  With the help of the group of paladins she was with, she helped in containing the blade in a powerful sheath with properties that could reverse its dark energies into an almost unending source of light magic.  The effort was costly however, as all but one of the paladins fell victim to the demonic sword's influence, for it had the ability to effectively steal life force and even control those who try to hold it.  This event became one of the most horrid memories of her life, and yet she proudly keeps the sword safe as she was entrusted with it.  She married the surviving paladin, and though she never revealed what became of him, she still wears her ring.

In her travels, she had decided finally to use her powers to further the business of healing, and made a working monastery out of the ruins of an old castle and standing cathedral in the Shadowed Depths.  For about 300 years she was also a trusted ally of a clan of adventurers whom she became very familiar with through their generations.  However that too would come to pass, as a demon clan whose name she always found as part of trouble in her years eventually picked off the entire line, bar for one family.  It was she who directed them to the village of Soldeluna for promise of isolation and safety.

Then came the catastrophe that would have ended the line of Cabre, if it were not for the fact that one child survived.  She raised the girl as a student and a sort of daughter--as she had never had children of her own--also seeing it as a duty to the line that she swore to protect.  To this day she keeps in contact with the surviving adventurer's child as help in her mission of vengeance while keeping things running at her monastery as it becomes better-known.

Personality:  When one meets Rynkura, the first impression they get from her is a source of strength and seriousness.  She takes a leader-like position only whenever she feels that it is needed, and her attitude is straight to the point at most times and commanding.  There is something about her even in the eyes of a total stranger that demands respect, and her students would tell you that she can also be strict, though not overly disciplinary.  However in her hardened countenance she is also caring, guiding, and makes a point to never fail for those she cares for.  As a trained warrior she is also very rarely intimidated (if ever), though she also tries to avoid fights and takes challenges in a stride less than hateful.  Rarely will one ever hear her shout, either.  She has known to take on an air like that of a calm mentor...though as often is true to her heritage, she can be just as mysterious in her advice.

Abilities: As well as having a great affinity for many types of healing and wielding light magic for defense and offense, Rynkura is also a trained swordswoman and wields them with accuracy and power like that of a master.  Her staff however is often the only weapon she needs, as her skill with it often surpasses any blade.  Her weakness however is that she hadn't much practice in unarmed combat, and therefore if disarmed she relies on magic, primarily light as well as a mix of lightning and earth elemental skills.  She isn't as fast as her student, but she is still lithe and fluid with her movements and retains the heightened senses of an angel, often easily detecting a move before it could be made and avoiding it with relative ease.

Trivia: The staff that Rynkura always carries is in fact the demonic sword that she once helped to contain.  However she makes a strict point if anyone finds that out to never unsheathe it, for not even she knows what effect it could have.
Only Aisha knows Rynkura's true race, though she has never told anyone.
Rynkura has a hobby of collecting weaponry; none of them however are enchanted (Aisha holds that fascination instead).
Rynkura fervently keeps out of any business outside of her own, including that of the Creature Council, despite being contacted once or twice.  The reasons she keeps to herself.
Rynkura has had practice in every type of healing possible...the only one that she cannot accomplish is mental-based.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Stygian

A note, Bam... It's a pretty big span between the ballroom and the front door and chamber. They're not even in the same part of the building. Not to mention that Rynkura would most likely keep quiet.

Thus, no hearing her immediately. Sorry.

Cogidubnus

Look who's back.

Back again. :3

Coggy's Back! Tell a friend!  :boogie

Gentlemen, from a parched desert, I have returned. I look forward to seeing all of you again.

Prof B Hunnydew

welcome back  Cog    :mowcookie

Quote from: Stygian on May 20, 2007, 08:47:12 PM
A note, Bam... It's a pretty big span between the ballroom and the front door and chamber. They're not even in the same part of the building. Not to mention that Rynkura would most likely keep quiet.

Thus, no hearing her immediately. Sorry.

Okay, I will have to wait on the door bell, or for healer come to me.  Also I need to draw a map of the place sometime, since it has stablized..  just for Player knowledge at lease.

PBH

Sunblink

Quote from: Cogidubnus on May 20, 2007, 11:27:50 PM
Look who's back.

Back again. :3

Coggy's Back! Tell a friend!  :boogie

Gentlemen, from a parched desert, I have returned. I look forward to seeing all of you again.

Glee! Welcome back, Cog. We missed ya.  :hug *idly staples you to the Internet*

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Aisha deCabre

Indeed, welcome back Cogi, glad to have ya again.  :3

And Bam, if Ryn's being quiet I doubt she's going to go back and ring the doorbell.   :rolleyes
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Prof B Hunnydew

Quote from: Aisha deCabre on May 21, 2007, 12:59:53 PM
Indeed, welcome back Cogi, glad to have ya again.  :3

And Bam, if Ryn's being quiet I doubt she's going to go back and ring the doorbell.   :rolleyes

YES  I know  :lol  but I did Shout at Gareeku about being Stubborn...Besides, If I was too far away to get to the front door very fast, then I wouldn't have heard the front door, so I don't know, she is here.  I just meant I have to wait for her to finded me, or forher to make some noise that I can hear.

PBH

Angel

Bonjour, y'all! I'm back, so I'ma catch up on posts and then start posting again. Allllrighty then!
BANDWAGON JUMP!